NBA Live 2005

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Goodsport, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty cool game (I have the PC version). :cool:

In the tradition of the other recent EA games I've been playing (using each game's Create-A-Player option, I'm currently the starting quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers in Madden NFL 2005 and a starting forward with the San Jose Earthquakes in FIFA Soccer 2005, and will become the first-line center for the San Jose Sharks in NHL 2005 once that game's downloadable Create-A-Player option is available), I'm now the starting point guard for the Golden State Warriors in NBA Live 2005. :D

So what do you think of the game?

-G

2. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Nov 28, 2003
    Florida
    I think nba live 05 is better then previous games, but still not at the level of madden of ncaa football.

3. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    Yeah I like NBA Live a lot and it's the best NBA Live yet, the 3 point contest is addictive and the dunk contest is fun. Plus it only cost $29.99.

But....

ESPN NBA 2k5 is NBA perfection. They way the players move and the pace of the game is more realistic than NBA live. I think Sega knows that they make basketball as deep as EA makes American football, so they go all out in making the game. The 24/7 mode is fun too. It only costs $19.99.

NBA Live 2005 gets a 8.5 out of 10
    ESPN NBA 2k5 gets a 9.2 out of 10

whatever happened to the NBA courtside series for the Nintendo gamecube? that game wasn't too bad.

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do the rosters for this Sunday's 2005 NBA All-Star Game match the All-Star Game rosters in your season of NBA Live 2005? :)

-G

5. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
    I have that game. It's awesome.

6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's cool that you like it (I thought that I was the only one here who does). :cool:

Which team do you play as, and have you already created yourself in the game? :confused:

-G

7. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    Overall both games are equal in terms of the critics preference. I've played both and I liked the gameplay of 2k5 but I liked the presentation of Live.

The 24/7 mode in 2k5 is enjoyable but the players look like they are wearing uniforms purchased at Mervyns.

The All Star festivities found in 2005 are superb. Kenny Smith's color commentary along with Ernie Johnson make the game much more enjoyable.

I managed to get Live for $19.99. If you can get it at that price then it is definately worth it.

8. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    NBA live 2005 is an excellent game, the slam-dunk competition is just too good!

4.5/5 stars