NBA 2003-2004 Regular Season [R]

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by microbrew, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
  2. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
  3. Renegade of Funk

Renegade of Funk New Member

Jan 22, 2001
    Room 237
    Kevin Garnett is a monster superstar and I'm a not even a Wolves fan. He hit TWO back-to-back three's against Sack-town to send the game into OT.

Purely clutch.

4. el_urchinio

el_urchinio Member

Jun 6, 2002
    The Magic lost for the 18th consecutive time tonight. The nightmare seems to have no end in sight. Their next 2 games are Mavs away then Suns at home. This isn't even funny anymore, it's almost sickening how bad this bunch is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=231205019

5. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
  6. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Until he can get out of the first round it's only hype.

7. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    If Minnesota played in the East, they would've made at least the Conference Final, if not the NBA Finals by now.
    Discuss.

Also, is it too late to jump on the Jazz bandwagon?

8. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    If they played in the East I would have revised my post to say "win a championship" instead. BTW - it's fun to compare East and West - if the playoffs were today only 5 teams in the East would be over 500 vs. 10 in the West , 1st place team in the Atlantic worse than last place team in Midwest, etc.

Yes - too late.

9. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First I'd say the wolves deserve to be in the Eastern Conference. I don't know why we have to travel to Houston, Memphis, Utah and Denver for our division play. Especially when were far closer to Milwaukee, Chicago, and Detroit.

The T-wolves would have made the NBA finals a couple of times by now if they were in the East. There isn't a player in the East who can match up with KG. If last years final would have been Minnesota vs. San Antonio I would have felt comfortable putting money on the Wolves.

10. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    And I would have been comfortable collecting your money.

11. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Great...that nice winning streak has caused a 5 game losing streak. I don't think Houston played a single minute of those 5 games. Dice did, and is playing quite well. He is already blaming the players for not playing with heart and thinks that he's part of the reason why they are in a funk. I personally think they need some new personnel. I agree with Dice in the belief that they have enough players to be a good team. The problem is that no one is playing to their expected standards. Guys like Houston and Thomas are hurt and the team is forced to play them because no one can step up. Weatherspoon and Othella are getting very few minutes. Sweetney is on the DL because Dice is back. Lampe, the guy who Layden made such a big deal of, has been on the DL because of "shin splints" I believe it is. Yeah, sure. Diddy needs to run this team because Layden and Co. hasn't done anything.

Lakers finally lost, this time to the Mavs. Question is...will the Lakers repeat is quality of basketball next season? Malone will have to retire soon and I don't think Payton will be the same for too long.

12. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

Yah think?

13. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lastest report from Chicago:

BULLS SUCK!

14. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Well...depends...I think they need to be reorganized....

Look at tonight. Chaney FINALLY does an alright job as a coach. He started McDyess because Thomas was hurt. Dice scores 15 pts, grabs 5 boards, dishes 3 dimes and blocks one shot. Nice numbers. Deke then gets 4 blocks himself. But what really changed the deficit to a lead, was Chaney playing Frank Williams in the 4th. I've been wanting him play the 4th all season long, but Chaney instead goes with Ward, which isn't too bad a of move. But Williams has potiential to be a star PG. Its his second year in the league and he's already outshinng Ward and Eisley IMHO.

Oh well..a win's a win.

15. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Possible 6-player trade between Celts and Cavs

Cleveland gets rid of its biggest headache Ricky Davis, gets tough defender and eventual cap-space Eric Williams.
    Boston gets rid of Williams before he bolts for free agency, gets a scorer in Davis to complement Paul Pierce.

16. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    I don't think this trade will be a good thing for Boston. Pierce and Walker at least had some chemisty, and played for the team in some manner. Davis isn't a real team player, hence him almost scoring on his own team in order to get a triple double.

17. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Yeah, I'm not too sure about the Pierce/Davis combo either. I guess the best case scenario is that they will take pressure off each other and both guys' PPGs go up. But this could easily go down as a disaster.

Though the wildcard in this deal for Boston might be Chris Mihm. He was stuck on the bench behind Illgauskas and Boozer, but he becomes the starting center with Lafrenz out for the season and Mihm did ok when he got the his minutes.

18. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
    As the all NY Knick thread:
    The NY Knicks need to trade a forward, or two. Kurt Thomas and Mike Sweetney would be the easiest to move. And Charlie Ward is still being shopped around.

Back to the rest of the league:

Deal is official: Cleveland sends Ricky Davis, Chris Mihm, Michael (Yogi) Stewart and a second-round pick to Boston for Eric Williams, Tony Battie and Kedrick Brown. Boston gets some size and a scorer; Cleveland gets rid of a trouble maker (a common NBA theme). The problem I see is that Davis and Pierce are both swingman- at least Walker was a power forward.

ESPN's Chad Ford passes along rumours of the death of the luxury tax as well as the NBPA willing to reduce the number of guaranteed years.

More on Rasheed Wallace's statements:
    - The interview
    - The apology, sort of
    - Columns:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ratto_ray&id=1684702
    http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/15/sports/basketball/15RHOD.html
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/writers/phil_taylor/12/15/hot_button/

19. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who the hell does Danny Ange think he is? What makes him think he can get away with making stupid moves like this in Boston? Boston of all places is the last place where you want to make stupid moves because IT WILL COST YOU YOUR JOB, just ask Grady Little. Why would you get rid of the heart of the lockerroom and replace him with a loud-mouth arrogant punk in Ricky Davis. Grant it Pierce said he's good friends with Ricky and could probably keep him in check but I still don't like this deal or the direction the team is going into.

20. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
    The Andrei Kirilenko bandwagon:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/basketball/nba/12/18/jazz.kirilenko.ap/index.html

The Nets are mess. Too many unknowns: the next owner, the head coach, player trades, etc. Hopefully, the next owner would be willing to take luxury tax hits until the Georgetown centers' salaries come off the cap. Either that, or he's willing to rebuilt with Rod Thorn at the helm (i.e. trade Jason Kidd and maybe, Kenyon Martin, and then make a final decision on Byron Scott).

21. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
  22. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

LAYDEN'S GONE!!!!!!!!!

But then now have Thomas....not too good. Maybe this could mean a Kurt Thomas plus a PG for Jermaine O'Neil?

23. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! Good one!!!

Still, Merry Christmas, Knicks fans indeed.

24. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    That's not a bad trade idea... O'Neil didn't like the fact that Zeke left Indiana. Thomas wants to start. Kurt's been having a pretty nice season...it would be better if he wasn't as injured...The Knicks NEED to get rid of a PG...My vote goes to Eisley...but for some reason people perfer Ward even though he was in the top 10 leaders in assists per game.

Will it happen...maybe not...but there's reason for believing it could.