NBA 2003-2004 Regular Season [R]

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by microbrew, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Damn Lakers manage to hang on by 1 point at home vs. Rockets. Hopefully their shakey play is a preview of things to come.

Pistons not having too much trouble with Bucks so far, but the game isn't out of reach yet.

2. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I hate these refs doing the Kings Mavs games (and part of the reason NBA can really suck) -- exciting game would be even better if they weren't calling phantom foul calls.

Have Howard and Daniels been this good all season? Fun rookies to watch.

3. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
    Howard and Daniels have played very well; especially Josh Howard. Each guy gets gets significant minutes. That says a lot about them, since Dallas is such a deep team.

4. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
  5. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Re: Lebron is Rookie of the Year

I think the fact that he actually lived up to the hype is pretty amazing. They made him out to be the Second Coming and he met expectations, and then some.
    Carmelo would have been ROY any other year, and Dwayne (sp?) would have been ROY most years.

6. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Ever since I lived in the Bay area during Run TMC, I've been a fan of Don Nelson, but when you get that many chances at the basket at the end of the game and blow them that badly -- it's pretty clear that if the Mavs don't get past the Kings, he's done. But the way the Kings are playing, I actually still think it's doable. It's weird, because Nellie used to be the master of running a play to get a basket when he needed one.

Given that I could care less about the East games, I have a feeling that I'm not going to get much sleep in the next month or so.

7. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I can see both Twans (neither of whom spell his "Antwan", ironically) leaving the Mavs if they can get a big man in return. Their Big 3 is always going to be Finley, Nash (assuming he re-signs) and Dirk, and Howard/Daniels are more valuable, I think.

8. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    So you're saying Don Nelson is definitely gone next season?

9. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Wouldn't really mind seeing him back in NY.

10. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    It's hard to see Nellie survive a first round exit. Cuban likes him, but with the money invested in this team, the blame has to go somewhere. I wouldn't be too surprised if Don gets moved up to the front office and his son Donn takes over.

11. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
  12. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Re: Lebron is Rookie of the Year

All you said above speaks well for the NBA in the near future.

Will Melo and King James have to face off in the finals like Larry and Magic at some point?

13. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Speaking of names...what is up whti father and son? :D

Just when you mentioned Nellie moving up to the front office, I forgot about the son. I would rather clean house in the coaching staff...if I wanted a change. I don't know the son's philosophy, but a new face who brings an attractive game would be nice.

Then again, I think the Hornets killed themselves by letting their coach go for the sake of change. He ended up in Cleveland. Karma. To think, Nawlins is going to the Western conference next season? :eek:

14. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Yeah, I think New Orleans is getting punished by the league for screwing up the Charlotte market - they started off great, led the league attendance and merchandise sales, then little by little alienated the people of the city.

Also, good move by Philly picking up Jim O'Brien. He might be the one guy who Iverson might listen to.

15. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    The Sports Guy is great: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/040423

16. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I was thinking Metro10 all the way.

17. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Can't blame the fans when the local media is, and will always be in denial, and the national media is based in NY. And the owner's an idiot:
    "Maybe we can get Kobe, Tracy (McGrady)," Dolan said.

18. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
  19. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
  20. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
  21. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
  22. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Maybe we'll see it in the Finals.

23. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As the regular season is finished, I'm gonna close this thread and not start another.