Nationals Tentative Seating Chart

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Z010 Union, Nov 22, 2004.

1. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The other thing about going to a game as a group is that your adding to MLB bottomline and attendance figures (and why the hell would we want to do that?) And I'm not saying we need to welcome baseball with open arms (I'm a Red Sox fan, couldn't care less about the National League) but I just don't want to do anything that would be an embarrassment to the team or deter people from coming to DCU games.

K

2. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valid points across the board, I can only agree.

I guess that's where the real meat of the discussion is then. What are the costs and benefits, how sure are we about them, what is the overall point of it, and is everyone on the same page about it?

Okay, so fat chance any of that gets resolved. ;)

I just see baseball as the microphone, the DCU fans as the voice, and a clear opportunity to make a postive statement about DCU, MLS, and soccer in general maybe. If interest persists, there are 4+ months to work out the details.

3. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God, I hate baseball.

4. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean something like this?
    [​IMG]

5. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we could do a flyover:

[​IMG]

6. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Maybe I'll go, we'll see

Actually, baseball is a pastime, not a sport. Sports imply that athletes are involved. When I think of baseball, I think of "athletes" like, say, David Wells. Or megabolic MVPs like Barry Bonds. You remember him, right? He's the one who had the Chris Rock physique when he was with Pittsburg.

7. golkeeper9

golkeeper9 New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Virginia

ugh!!! I am probably one of the few football fans to embrace baseball. It's been a while since i've been to Boriole Park At Can't Win Yards 'cause my disgust with Angelos blocking our city. Now we have baseball and it's at the cost of the only winning team in D.C., UNITED. Part of me hates the fact that we must give up a beautiful field and all the other mess for baseball but it had to be done. I'm not putting baseball over football but y'all have to see the business side of it. Baseball will bring in more money the United will ever bring in a season. And, it's not because we only play 18-20 matches vs. the over 60 home baseball games. People in want this and have wanted it for decades.

Yes, we are getting screwed but I see the positive side of it. DC gets baseball!! And to everyone that thinks we'll get a stadium for United is dreaming. I very much would love to see a 25K or 30K stadium for United but people are bitching as it is over baseball. Think of the uproar there will be when they really start talking about a "soccer" stadium.

The reality of things, reality according to me, is that the Nationals will get their stadium and United will stay at RFK come 2007. I was there when the mayor said we'd get a stadium but I think it's all BS.

Just my thoughts.......... Football will always be #1 in my heart.

VAMOS UNITED FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

8. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is the one thing we all know can't happen, because RFK is falling apart. The DC Sports and Entertainment Authority have made it clear that it'd cost too much to do repairs on RFK to keep it available. Remember the falling concrete?

If you think a stadium for United isn't going to come to pass, then you think that we'll be looking at other facilities (like the baseball stadium, like College Park, etc.) to have our matches; we won't be staying at RFK.

9. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Baseball and its fans do a good enough job as it is, they don't need any help from us.

10. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    NO, Mike, I won't go to the opener.
    I really don't care one way or the other about baseball.
    As the father of a male child, I suspect there will be a couple games in my future, IF the make the ticket prices reasonable.
    Briefly scanning that price scale just about scared my wallet to death.
    Mark