Nationals Tentative Seating Chart

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Z010 Union, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Re: Maybe I'll go, we'll see

Now that DC will have their own team, maybe Camden Yards will revert to the old Memorial Stadium demographic, and then we'll see about this stadium takeover business. I still remember throwing beer at Jose Canseco from the right field bleachers (long before Ron Artest).

2. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    No reason to bash baseball? What the fvck is this?! A love in?
    Personally, I have disliked baseball most of my life, I was often taken to games when I was younger and even ventured to a couple games during my adult life and still I dislike it severely. I don't like the way the sport is played, I hate how long it takes to play the game. The fact that a leagues' sport is played in one country and well now one city outside of the country and it is referred to as The World Series, is slightly annoying as is the sometimes red blooded ammuuuurican, god bless the USA! attitude put to it. Understandable as it is quite a US born sport (even if it is a slight ripoff of another sport) And right now, in my own personal political views which I will do my best to leave out of this forum as it is a SOCCER (I repeat SOCCER! forum) I find it a bit hard to digest the Amuuuuuuurican Spirit of the game.
    I am an individual who dislikes baseball, and has done so for quite some time. This alone, gives me and anyone else in my frame of mind every right to bash baseball! The same right you have to say "Don't bash baseball."

I am not bashing it becasue it is coming to DC, I am bashing it because I have always hated it, sorry hate is a strong word. Disliked.... :rolleyes:

That is all....gets down off soapbox and walks away mumbling "I promised I wouldn't do that..."

3. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Maybe I'll go, we'll see

That was great, wasn't it? Ah, the good old days of 72 ounce beers...

4. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get tix as soon as they go on sale or you'll be out of luck for opening day. That's always a hot ticket here in Philly and having a new team two hours away will pump demand a bit. The Phillies website has a very easy to use online ordering system too with a very modest service charge since ticketmaster is out of the equation. CPP is very nice, so enjoy it if you come up.

5. nedigital

nedigital Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Mass
    oh really? :confused: a soccer forum? you're kidding?!!?

listen, i am an ardent supporter of soccer in this country, anyone that i talk to will understand that. however, we're on a soccer discussion board where people talk about all sorts of things. there's not nearly as much of a need for baseball, NFL, etc discussion boards because that stuff is blown up by the mainstream media. there's no need to scour message boards to find information. however if i WERE on a baseball message board and people were saying "SOCCER SUCKS" i would defend it.

you're parlaying your "dislike" of baseball and using that as a springboard to complain about their stadium financing, changes to RFK etc. obviously you have the right to an opinion about whatever the hell you want, and i can disagree with it like you said. i'm saying i disagree... that's what the fvck this is.

baseball takes a long time to play, soccer is boring with no scoring, baseball is called the world series and it shouldn't be, soccer is confusing because of the clock counting up and offsides, baseball players are a bunch of roid-heads, soccer players are sallies. I argue against these points all the time and I DEFEND BOTH SPORTS. I'm not even saying one sport is better than the other, or ranking my favorite sports just saying the same closed-mindedness that prevents a lot of people from being soccer fans goes in the other direction as well.

i don't have a clever closing line..

6. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Let me just say that I do not hate baseball. I actually watch playoff games and the world series on TV, usually just to root against the Yankees. Talk about a league where the regular season doesn't mean anything....when you play 162 games it's hard to get excited about a mid July game. I also used to collect baseball cards like an addict in jr. high and high school. I do however hate the fact that baseball coming to DC is an inconvienence for DC United and it's fans. I also am under the sad impression that with $7 tickets many families that once saw United as a reasonably priced entertainment event might be swayed to now attend Nationals games instead. Will DC United ever be able to bring those fans back??? Only time will tell but I don't see this as being good for United's attendance at all.

And god it's the National League...that should be enough to keep people away right there. If I see any national games it will be win the Twins are in town and I'll have my "Homer Hanky" from the 87 world series with me. GO TWINS..down with the Nationals! :D

7. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Perhaps we should call you St. Jude.

8. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info. Actually I'm only about 20 mins away for CBP and RFK is 1 hr and 40 mins from me. :eek:

Still I found my way to the Phils 1 time last year and to DC 9 times. And when I went to the see the Phillies lose it was more out of curiosity for the new park, which is wonderful. I lost my love for baseball a while back, can't put my finger on it. I used to digest everything baseball, darn Baseball Encyclopedia. Did you know Hugh Duffy hit .438 one year? Or that little Wilmington had a pro team called the Quicksteps? :p

9. silentbob

silentbob Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Exactly. Baseball and soccer are by far my two favorite sports. It sucks that they're in direct conflict wrt RFK, but I'm gonna try to stay positive and enjoy both as much as possible.

Or BC Washington. Yikes.

10. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I can get a ticket then yes, but doubtful if it gets to the point of having to go to a scalper.

11. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

You weren't listening....I specifically said I am not bashing baseball because it's coming to DC. I am bashing baseball because I hate it. I have been exposed to it for decades, I have attended games many many times. Personally I don't care who you are, or your ardent support of both sports.
    But if it strokes your ego, then I will give you a gold star for your efforts.

PS. People who dislike things you support are not close minded, they are opinionated.

12. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing like the Lumber Co. :)

13. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The funny thing is, while I won't be going because of the way baseball drove me away, that's one of the things that would get me to go . . .the fact that at least it's baseball, since in Baltimore the Orioles are in the American League and the American League only plays something that vaguely resembles baseball . . .call it "baseball with rule changes so the strategy is ripped out."

14. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Showing my age. The 1971 World Series is about the first sporting event I can clearly remember watching on the tube and caring who won. I would've been 9.

Roberto Clemente, Willie Stargell, Manny Sanguillen, Richie Hebner, Bob Moose, Steve Blass, Dave Giusti, Doc Ellis. Man, does that bring back some memories.

My grandfather used to get tickets for games at Three Rivers, but we couldn't get any for the Series, of course. We'd hop on the Blue & White Bus Line that had specials from Altoona to Pittsburgh, and we'd stop just outside of Monroeville on the way for a bite to eat at some greasy cafeteria.

I'm nowhere near the baseball fan today as I was back then, but I still follow it casually. It'll be easier to do that with a team in DC, and I'll go out to see the Pirates play when they come to town, even if I'll have no idea who most of the players are. :D

15. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Yep. I hate, HATE, HATE the DH rule.

16. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not unless they're playing the Cincinnatti Reds or the NY Mets. (I'm a Reds fan - Mrs. Winoman is a Mets fan.)

17. JRHokie

JRHokie Member+

Aug 23, 2001
    Fairfax, VA
    Not the first game . I'm only going in Aug when they play the Cardinals.

18. schmuckatelli

schmuckatelli New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    With his substance abuse, Doc Ellis WISHES he had memories...Badda-bing!
    I used to like baseball, but I gave it up when MLB went on strike several years ago. I started out a Senators fan, and switched to the Pirates when that rat bastard Bob Short took them out of town. As far the Nationals, mostly I resent them taking over RFK. That was our home, dammit, and now it's being ruined. How can I support that?! They'd have to pay me to go to their games.

19. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But as luck would have it (wouldn't you know) I'll be in Malaysia for my wedding the only time the Bucs come to DC this next season. :p

20. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Not to start an argument, but for a fair comparison.

Those tickets are in the nosebleed section of the outfield.

I have season tickets for my family including my two daughters. One is under 6 and has a FREE season ticket. My other daughter who is in the 6-16 age range pays half-price, so $22/2 is $11. We sit in the front row behind the DC United bench.

21. RTM1

RTM1 New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Great Mills MD
    Ditto on the Reds fan and maybe some Pirates for the Mrs. Only other way is free tickets from my company. Baseball has become like watching paint dry, even though I ate it up as a kid!

22. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The lead chips or baseball?

;)

23. Supersuperman99

Supersuperman99 New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Yeah me to Like I said before baseball at RFK is going to suck. Rfk seemed much more suited fo the soccer. I hope they suck bols this year hopefully You guys get your much deserved sss. :eek:

24. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nuts and bolts
    nuts and bolts
    we got screwed

25. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Like I said, I suspect that you fellas are examples of what the DC Nationals market group will be. (nothing wrong with that)

Just like the (Baltimore)Washington Wizards(Bullets)