National Team Coach Cadidates

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by 1MADDOG, May 14, 2010.

1. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i just hope people dont ask for his head since he has to start from a bad point where our players dont know each other..we're bolivia not brazil we shouldnt have the expectations of winning every game with ease.i just want to see soccer first..only good can come out of that

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If Platini stayed as long as he did, I dont see why Quinteros wont either. I am not worried.

3. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just hope they dont use that tactic of having "2" teams!!! one for away games and the other for home games!!! we arent brasil so we dont have that depth to be doing that!!

4. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oriente is going to be la base del equipo along with los extrangeros. I'm really liking that except for the fact that he said that Vaca is going to be one of his main men.

5. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^When did he say that?? Does anyone know where i can watch that Fox sports interview that Quinteros had yesterday. Any links to where i can watch it or download it.

6. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  7. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    thanks dsauna!

8. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  9. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Playing in Lapaz 3 days AFTER playing in a country that doesn't have altitude is very difficult. VERY! They can be the best athletes in the world, but the body still has to go through a process to adapt, and we have to adjust to the ball and how we move. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Platini's idea wasn't bad. I don't think it was a great idea, since we barely have enough world class players to form half a team. We have a First class touch for MANY of our players, but the athletic ability of majority of our players suck.

If our brand of futbol is good, and EVERY player knows their role, then I wouldn't mind if Quinteros entertained that idea.

Now, if we are using a million different players through out a season, then I really would be against the idea. I'd understand it, but if players aren't sure about positioning or roles, then I wouldn't want Quinteros messing with line up.

10. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have faith in Quinteros.... even if it means being behind Vaca.

Vaca didnt look bad in the sudamericana.... but when the game got tough, pressure got tight, and the plays got chippy.... like usual he got mind f'd and was out of the game as soon as it started.

I hope if quinteros sees him falter, he is quick on the draw to give osmeone else over him the chance to play/ show what they can do.

11. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm with you fuego. Somehow Quinteros just seems like the kind of guy you could trust, and he seems to have the knowledge and experience to coach us through this difficult time. Not getting over my head, but by the way he plays with Oriente and the formation/lineup he uses, I see him as our Bolivian Mourinho.

12. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  13. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Ok so Quinteros is our head man! We all soo happy :D

I'm happy today because we have a quality coach, and two, Bolivar signed on a world class coach. I think. Hoyos!

Assuming this dude does well in Bolivar, I'd like to see him become a candidate for National team coach consideration in a few years (if quinteros stops producing or quits/etc). He'll know the pipeline by then of the league players and will know the strengths and weaknesses of our futbol. Not to mention what he'll do for the top youth of our country (assuming he does similar strategy in greece with young players).

Anyways, just thinking outloud here and really enjoying the potential of our futbol.

14. Orientito

Orientito New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Oriente Petrolero
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    dude! Quinteros hasnt even started coaching and you're already thinking about who should be our next NT coach? classic bolivian mentality if you ask me.
    i know you were just thinking outload, but cmon man!! lol

15. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    +1.

16. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member