National Team Coach Cadidates

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by 1MADDOG, May 14, 2010.

1. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i still wouldnt burn mine dude..RESPECT for my jerseys.:rolleyes:

Brazil?:confused:

sorry but no.i honestly like the last one. this one is too plain and reminds me too much of the current MANU jersey which i HATE!

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I actually think that would look pretty cool, give that vintage look.

I would like to see something like that released, at least for the fans... I dont know if our NT should rock it though.....

But yea, sooner or later we'll pick up a sponsor I think. Im not worried.

3. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The white away is really nice, I have never seen the shape of our country in the uniform. I may be wrong but that hasnt been done before has it? Def teh top puma one for home and the white way would be nice.

4. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The shape of our country? No, but we've had screens of the condor and the FBF emblem on the older whit away Umbro jerseys from 96-98.

5. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Id like for our jerseys to pay homage to that 94 team!!! i think that would be soooo awesome!! especially with having Quinteros as the head coach and possilby Marco sandy as an assistant down the line!!! but as i said before i want UNDER ARMOUR LOL

6. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i definitely prefer puma over under armour..i think under armour lacks in creativity and uniqueness in its jerseys b/c they mainly specify their styles for FOOTBALL teams.
    --i honestly thought these last marathon jerseys werent that bad.the best in a while IMO

http://www.la-razon.com/version_ma.php?ArticleId=2722&EditionId=2339&ids=244
    :O

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The weakest teams 'somehow' normally end up in the same group as the hosts.

8. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope to see our A team out there in Copa America!!! like Arce, Martins, Oriente Petrolero( damn near that whole team can be wearing green again LOL) and hopefully we give Pedriel a shot idk why he never gets playing time in bolivia!!!

9. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Pedriel is a poacher type forward, as is Martins. Having two poachers on the field isn't very smart. As long as Martins is playing, Pedriel will likely not break into the line up. Martins is a world class player; fast, tall and strong compared to average poacher. Pedriel is a good player, very good. But I don't consider him a world class player. He's got a great touch and is a fine poacher, but his speed and acceleration is average at best.

Maybe if he muscled up a bit more, he'd be impossible to keep off the line up. But Alveraz is likely to assume that roll before Pedriel does; Alveraz is fast and very athletic.

10. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well yes Martins is our #9 player!! i wasnt suggesting playing them both!!! i was just saying that we need to give Pedriel a decent chance at making the Bolivian national team, by giving him a call up!! and alvarez isnt even playing now( i know hes in brazil but from what i last heard hes still trying to regain fitness) so i wouldnt even put him in the equation for the National Team

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    My dream is to have 3 forwards up front, Pedriel as our central forward, he can finish, IMO maybe better then Martins could, with his lack of goals recently. Thats not to say he is bad, but IMO is more of a supporting striker. Arce too paired up top.

A triangle with Pedriel up top, and Arce and Martins off to the sides.

----------------------------Pedriel-----------------------
    -----Arce--------------------------------------Martins---

12. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I dont think Martins could do that!! hes a true CF a #9 player!! i could maybe see Pedriel being SS like arce!! but Martins will get his $hit together!! hes been a good scorer for Bolivia!! but it would be awesome if they could have all 3 of them out there, though id just prefer 2 forwards so we could have more support at the wings or midfield depending upon how they play!!

13. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Three forwards likely means three defenders. I wouldn't mind that, if we had defenders with World Class speed and size; we don't have that. We have no intimidating defenders at all.

I like our future mids and forwards. We (will) have more players with more speed then years past, and promising talent in the box and mids. Defense is still somewhat weak, but hopefully our game strategy will cover the weaknesses we'll have in defense.

14. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I could actually see Pedriel starting with M3 and Arce, but that would mean keeping off the starting line up someone like Mauricio Saucedo or Jhasmany Campos. Which could work, but Saucedo and Campos at least one should be included in the starting line up.

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, they are wing forwards too. Well Saucedo is. Jhasmani is more of a winger in a 4-4-2.

Yea, its gonna be interesting how things turn out. I hope QUinteros calls up Pedriel though, he is very talented IMO from what I have seen of him when he was in DC playing vs. El Salvador. Easily our best player that day in just 20mins before he got hurt by those 'salvajes'.

16. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think pedriel is our 'Higuain'..the guy to be there to TAP IT IN..we need that..the buildup wasnt always the problem.its the finishing..and from M3 gilbert pedriel i think pedriel is the real #9..M3 and arce and gilbert are playmakers IMO

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, he has the ability to finish in the box, better IMO then any bolivian player besides Galindo, but he is pretty old at 29.

Marcelo Moreno too can finish, but he is more of a worker forward now, he can do the hold up play thing, and assist, and finish also.... but his game isnt as strong at finishing as it was in Brasil.

I hope we can get many friendlies with our A team before the copa america, to get a taste of what these players bring to the table at teh NT level.

18. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I also like Quintero's proposition to play in the different states in Bolivia. I think his motive was for the people to have the connection with the team, but more important we need more friendlies in Santa Cruz as there will be no altitude issues in Argentina and we need to get a taste of our playing level without any issues of altitude. That's the only way we will truly test our players.

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    yes thats a good point too.

I didnt hear about that? Quinteros is a smart man, rile up the country and have them behind the NT!!!

VAMOS QUINTEROS!!!

20. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea I read that's one of his many goals, to play friendlies in different parts of Bolivia starting with Santa Cruz, La Paz, Cochabamba, Sucre. He said this would unite the country behind the NT, and also get that mistica that we so desperately need in our players.

21. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I'm glad Pirata Quinteros got the gig, I'm still not convinced if he can qualify us but I am convinced that he earned the job and at this moment in time he's our best option. He gets it. Let's all hope for the best.

22. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:cool:

23. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

I am with you brother, but on a realty check I don't think we are deserving of a being qualified. I mean we are the last place team in conmebol and only played 3 friendlies, 2010 is gone and we just got a coach????WTF!!!!!!:eek:

24. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    “No es sólo la altura”

Un tema inevitable es el de la altura. Quinteros defendió la altura de La Paz y dijo que no es un factor determinante. “El fútbol de Bolivia no es sólo la altura. Si así fuera, hubiese jugado todos los Mundiales. Se siente, pero no es determinante. Para ganar hay que formar un equipo competitivo y nos tenemos que hacer fuertes”.

Gustavo Quinteros during an interview with FOX Deportes yesterday. I like his honesty.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Very nice. At least his thinking is good, he gets it about the altura. It isnt the biggest determining factor, its chemistry.

That is completely against what Platini thought with 2 teams, one outside of la paz and the other in it.

I am already liking this guys thinking, even if he doesnt bring results right away.... his logic for me is dead on.