National Team Coach Cadidates

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by 1MADDOG, May 14, 2010.

1. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    It seems we aren't going to be getting a National Team coach until after the World Cup.

Chavez is claiming he's going to get Falcioni if he's re-elected. Does Chavez actually believe that he's the only person in Bolivia to have the ability to court coaches of decent caliber? ANyways..

http://www.facetasdeportivastv.com/nota.php?id=11818

To alleviate the boredom our nats created by not qualifying for the WC, discuss who you feel SHOULD be the next National team Coach of our Mother country.

2. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Anyone catch LA GALAXY vs. Boca JR's?

Well, Boca is Boca. Definitely a classy club team. Anyways, LA played it smart and employed a counter type play. The first 20 minutes of the game however, LA went head to head with Boca. As soon as the Giant awoke, LA was smart enough to just play D. I love soccer and for the most part I admire a team that plays smart, even if I'm not cheering for them.

LA won the game 1-0. Boca had possession of the ball, and definitely had faster and far more talented players. LA was missing their top offensive threats due to nats call ups. Donovan didn't even play, or their top goal scorer.

Bruce Arena has a way of allocating players to where they belong. It's just awsome. LA outsmarted a very talented Argentine squad. In DC, he had DC beat out the top team from South America in MIAMI (basically home for the Brazilian team).

I'd love to see Bruce Arena coach our nats. I'd much rather have Arena then Azkargota.

3. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Maddog, you get credit the crazy call of the day. If my memory serves me right, you love Arena for the stats that he uses in using players or something to that effect. I guess everyone has their opinion but using Arena wouldnt be a great idea, in my humble opinion. I still think they should go for, if not Azkargota then go after Bianchi. He has the right balance of tactics and speed needed in the attack. Obviously I say Bianchi as monetarily he mighrt be attainable, unlike say Van Gaal or MOurinho, if you know what I mean.

4. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Bianchi or Azkargota are wonderful options. I think we all like coaches who have a good "track" record. Especially if it comes from more then one team (which Arena has for the most part).

So we have Azkargota, Arena, and Bianchi as pipedream options.

One person I'm keeping an eye on is Carlos de Los Cobos. DUde did extremely well w/ an El salvadorean National team w/ no world class caliber players. Before I say anything about this dude, I'm waiting to see how the FIRE does this year. I know they beat United in DC, but who hasn't?

5. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Well guys, Erbol is reporting that Azkargorta's arrival is inminent....apparently today there was a meeting of soccer leaders in Santa Cruz and the reports afterwards were that Azkargorta is coming back regardless of who wins the next FBF presidency....seems like Evo has something to do with this. Let's hope!

6. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nothing rlly good will come of it if we dont have players that are good enough physically and mentally and so on...i prefer el bigoton wait at 2018 when our young guys mature ENOUGH so theyll be in their prime like chiles situation..they got el loco bielsa and bam..theyre in the wc as a fav to get out of their group

7. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Erbol is about as reliable as a sundial at midnight. That being said, if this did turn out to be true it would indicate Guido Loayza has the inside track as FBF tutti di capo.

If Morales did get involved, wouldn't that indicate government involvement in an FA matter, hence a total FIFA suspension? Wouldn't be so bad if we got suspended for a good year actually.

Doesn't matter who the coach is, the formula will still be the same:

3headed monster + no youth structure + weak league + dirigentes = FAIL

8. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    YEAH! We have finally have a real coach! Holy Crap!!

I don't think we have to worry about EVO's interference unless our federation complains to FIFA or theres some sort of UNJUST. In this case, I don't see anything that could negatively impact anyone, and it seems everyone is happy.

But your right, EVO is threading where he shouldn't.

9. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz

What are you guys talking about!?!?!?!
    El Bigoton took us to the World cup in 1994. Bolivia didnt have a great squad! They became great with his teachings and Most players grew to stars. He even said that he is returning to Bolivia because WE HAVE HOPE. We have Marcelo Martins, Samuel Galindo, Jhasmani Campos, Ronald Garcia, Mauricio Saucedo, Gustavo Pinedo, etccc. We are guys saying it will be the same crap? I dont think it will be. We have talent and I have faith with this coach, we can dream. We did good last qualifers beside Botero and the horrible coaching. Sanchez never called up Galindo but Azkargota will. Futbol is played 11vs 11 ! We dont need to have a great league or whatever. We have the players so please. Plus Azkargota is like a king in Bolivia so whatever he says goes. He is a coach who loves Bolivia unlike other coaches who get the job done.

10. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

1. having a good league is IDEAL to leading to the mundial...look at our NT..the majority of the team is domestic players and the rest are special ones aka moreno nacho

2.el bigoton had awesome players in etcheverry..sanchez..jaime..and youre saying in 1994 that he didnt have a good squad?!...youre crazy that team was one of the best ever produced in SA not including the teams brazil and argentina made:p

3.it takes more than certain individuals, a good coach and HOPE to get THERE...it takes a lot of organization
    great domestic players and league to go with it
    and a proper HEAD in the FBF and great ayudantes para el
    and a killer youth structure with it
    something we lack in each

11. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Ok. Etcheverry was a star yeah. So Galindo will fit him in perfectly. Erwin Sanchez? We have Mauricio Saucedo and Ronald Garcia. Jaime Moreno didnt even play. so fail. El Bigoton, if you didnt know. Worked hard to grow those players in 1994. The World by then would have seen Bolivia coming. Bolivia have many domestic players avaliable. The League is bad but Bolivar is great. They have our options! forget the other Mediocre teams. The head coach Azkargota is a king in Bolivia. What he says will go. Trustt me. He has the help of Marco Etcheverry and Melger. Bolivia needs to worry bout Arce who needs to improve and net some in. We have a potential team.
    You said before."look at our NT..the majority of the team is domestic players and the rest are special ones aka moreno nacho"
    LOL. That was Erwin Sanchez coaching. Not Azkargota. He was a terrible coach. He used the best lineup vs Argentina. My ideal lineup. then he decided to change it? Complete estupido. Two teams? estupido? Martins and Abdon for home games? Estupido. We had chances and he failed it. Azkargota will not. He has fame and I have trust like you should. He took us once. He will again if god lets us

12. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What the 94 squad had was players with great technique who weren't afraid to play their style of futbol and go out and be aggressive in attack had a couple of "take no shit" CBs . It will be hard to have something like that again but it's possible to have a team worth competing in the WC.

kidd, i agree that we need to have a much stronger league to develop better domestic players,i personally don't care if we have star players or players playing abroad as long as our national soccer is doing okay.but honestly, how will young promises grow up to be stars if the league is not setting a good example and work ethic?we had a taste of that in 94. great young players with a "f*** you" attitude towards opponents and stereotypes. mentally strong and capable. that what is missing from these young players but it can change.

i would like to see a lineup of all domestic league players who might be able to do something going into 2014. (not using u-17 players)

As far a Az,we don't know what type of influence he had on that great team in the early 90s but it had something to do with it. as the only coach to take Boliva far internationally, i would like to see him in charge of a 4 year plan. with maybe Erwin sanchez having a assistant coach job, i havent lost faith in yet either.:eek:

13. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the thing is our domestic players arent good..as for the bolivar oriente guys..they are already on the team or called up and chances are they are old worn out not good enough too small too slow..there are so many things wrong with the players..

i bring up the youth b/c with the right training nutrition experience mental teachings they can be molded into grea players..
    how do you expect bolivar or strongest or oriente to represent us in int'l competition if they cant compete physically with PERUVIAN teams AT HOME!! with old baghos like da rosa and washed up players like el gordo de gutierrez..what good is it gon do in any way..if they cant do it now theyre not going to be able to do it next week..every bolivian team has a bunch of old guys and thats not right..where are the kids who are bleeding with talent and stamina and strenght..the thing is theyre are OK kids but not given the chance b/c of corruption,favoritism of IDIOTS like DA ROSA,and other dumb BS!..

it takes yrs and patience to fix things like whats going on...i get mad every time i see it but ik few is being done to fix it

im glad to see at leas EVO is trying to instill sports as a top prioroty in schools ...ITS A START:eek:

14. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    yeah , i was being sarcastic , guess i forgot to add the smiley face. whoops. that's exactly what i meant, our league won't be able to instill great qualities in our young players when the league praises lackadaisical futbol. just because we play slower paced doesnt mean the players can get away with being unfit. shit i bet i could make a team in bolivia

15. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007

Ahh, the naivety of youth

Unless the league is fixed and a youth structure implemented it wont matter who the coach is.

I think people are forgetting three important factors from the 94 team.

1) The league. although still weak, was comparatively much more competitive internationally with it's neighbors than it is today.

2) It really was a great generation of young players that played together from an early age. You had the Tahuichi guys that played together in many tournaments abroad and home for many years and you had the Happ/CBBA guys that grew up playing together or against each other all their youth.

3) The league was suspended for a very long time, and it allowed Bigoton the time to work with the team for an extended amount of time. He didn't face much of the same problems of having players released on time or dealing with European based players, and the players had a good amount of time to acclimate.

Today, the league is in shambles and the weakest league in the continent by a mile. The two youth institutions that provided the base for the 94 team (Tahuichi/E Happ) are not what they were. Happ almost ceased to exist and is just now becoming healthy again and Tahuichi has gone down the tubes, and yet this whole time no professional youth structure has been implemented. Lastly, the league will get in the way of the coach as always happens and Bigoton wont enjoy all the time he had last go around. Even if the league cooperated he'd still have the issue of foreign based players and the altitude problem.

Frankly, from a professional standpoint, it's a very big and risky challenge and not something I would recommend to a client. Too many negatives and not enough positives that I see. I'd gladly listen to an opposing opinion though .

16. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Sorry bud. Your absolutely wrong. These players were talented due to the Tauichi system which farmed many great players. A mixture of hard work and pure talent is what put them in the nats.

Bigoton is a talented coach. The Bolivian Federation wanted to hire a talented coach for a team that they felt was the most talented team theyve had for years. They were right. Not having a World class coach for proceeding WC qualification campaigns certainly hurt Bolivia's chances of not qualifying.

Why would Sanchez call up a 16 year old kid? It's like asking why we didn't use ETCh in 1986. Bigoton has a bigger challenge ahead, but he has good resources. Back then, we only had to play against 4-5 other teams to qualify; now we have to play ALL teams in SA. Alot harder. I don't blame Sanchez for switching the team up alittle. Some players needed to be disiplined, and sometimes it was to have a specific player at 100% for another game a few days later. Theres really no wrong answer here.

17. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz

18. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Who's argueing that Azkargota was forced to come back? Who's saying Bolivia didn't have more then one talented player like your implying. Who are you argueing with buddy? Seriously!

In all do honesty, these new crop of talented players will be stronger for 2018. 2014 is doable, but it's asking alot from alot of young players.

We all have our own way of analysing. World Class soccer is not just about dribbling or nice passes. Speed and physicality is extremely important for international play, especially european footy. Most or our players during Sanchez's coaching tenure didn't have much of those two variables (hence the reason why we don't have many players playing in euro). Most of our past teams played very predictable, a somewhat futbolito style that offered no surprise. Everyone here has heard me complain on playing futbolito on a futbol field. It doesn't belong there. I'm not going into it. Sanchez did well with changing that old fashine style of ours in the nats. He had Bolivia playing strategically well. Copa America play was good, as was our play vs. Ireland and S. Africa. His selection for the nats wasn't always very good, follow up, nor his motivation. But SANCHEZ was far from clueless.

Agreed.

19. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Today Marca has an open chat with Xavier Azkargorta (http://www.marca.com/charlas/azkargorta/24062010.html). Here some relevant excerpts......

hola javier me llamo luis y soy boliviano mi pregunta es le gustaria volver a dirigir la seleccion boliviana

Enviada por luisitomiguelito131286
    (24/06/2010 13:18) Si se dan las condiciones sí.

Hola Xabier, para cuando una nueva aventura internacional? te gustaria entrenar a alguna seleccion africana? crees que podrias mejor su rendimiento, que en este mundial esta siendo decepcionante. Muchas gracias

Enviada por Rutiger
    (24/06/2010 17:18) La aventura internacional a lo mejor hay posibilidades. La propuesta de Evo Morales la estoy estudiando.

Buenas tardes Sr. Azkargorta, el presidente de Bolivia declaró que lo quiere entrenando la selección boliviana otra vez... ¿le atrae la idea? gracias por contestar, un saludo

Enviada por bonodark
    (24/06/2010 14:07) He preparado un plan que se lo he presentado al presidente. Es más ambicioso que el de sólo la selección. Es un trabajo para cuatro años que a Evo Morales le ha gustado.

20. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I want to hear more about this "plan", seems interesting.

21. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I'm sure he cares about BOlivia and all, but if he made the plan, I would like to know what's in it for him. I know he's been eyeing Bolivia for a long time, but why now? Oh yeah, we have a nice crop of players that can do wonderful things!

22. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I heard Maradona might be avialable.. lol.. lol

23. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    lmao!!!:d

24. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO

25. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I think as South Americans we should have learned by now that we need actual REAL PROFESSIONAL coaches, not some just-retired-player with next-to-nil experience who just happens to know somebody (Maradona, Dunga, Chemo, Platini)