Nate vs Ante season long scoring thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Soccer&Sinatra, Apr 3, 2005.

1. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    And I would forgive him in a heartbeat if he had put away ONE of his TWO 1 v. 1 chances against Milan.

Oh and thanks for the update on MetroRatso.

2. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    At the end of the regular season:

Nate: 7 MLS goals, 0 US Open Cup goals

Andy Herron: 2 MLS goals, 2 US Open Cup goals

Since I'm also getting 4 goals in the bet, that means that Andy has to score 8 playoff goals to over-take Nate, for the purposes of the $ 50 that Stevie and I have on the line.

So, Steve, when would you like to pay up? Perhaps you'd like to call David Quinn and make a $ 50 payment on my season ticket account?

3. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Steve,

Your first mention of the bet is post #59 in the thread...April 17th at 1:27pm is the time of the post. On my big soccer, that is on page #4 of the thread, as I look at 15 posts per page.

That particular post says "Herron" three times. It can be found here:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/show...59&postcount=59

I then quoted that post on April 17th at 6:23pm, in post #70 of the thread. This is the post where I asked for clarification as far as what games would count for the bet.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/show...09&postcount=70

Then, on April 19th at 12:19pm, you quoted my post #70, and again typed "Herron". In fact, you called him a top striker for his national team. This is post #76 of the thread that I am referring to.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/show...42&postcount=76

I then accepted your reply in post #90 of the thread.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/show...06&postcount=90

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Zach

4. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    bump.

Steve- 3 weeks, buddy. Bring cash.

5. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Ante tallied numbers 7 and 8 last night. By the by, #7 was a pretty sweet strike.

6. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    If Stevie had manged to make the bet this year, instead of last year, and with Ante and not Andy, then I'd be in trouble. As it is though, I'm still owed $ 50, supposedly until the 25th. Stevie, what is the return bet this season? If it's Nate vs. Andy again, it's still a 0-0 scorefest so far.

7. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to watch it about six times. Hartman's lucky he didn't save it.

8. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both Ante goals were damn nice in their own way. Power vs. precision.

9. I PINCH!

I PINCH! Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Chicago IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah no problem. Oh while we are at it want to wager some on how many Nate is going to score this year???

Seems like Ante is going to blow away Nates entire career goal total by the end of this season.

I am loving it. Bob figures out a way to keep Ante Happy but Dave cant Ante leaves and now Ante is the leading scorer in MLS and we have NATE. ROFLMAO

Ahh sweet justice. I love it.

10. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Yes, I'm open to giving you a chance to get your $$$ back (once I get it of course). What's your offer for a bet?

11. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Steve...

12. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Happy September 1st, everybody!

Andy and Nate both have 6 league goals to date this season, but Andy has also notched 3 US Open Cup goals to push himself ahead of Nate.

Of course, we bet on last season...

13. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Steve,

Here's the deal: You still owe $ 50 to me from last season's bet. And I have pledged to help raise funds for the Fireworks for Kids Foundation's Golf Marathon outing.

Why don't you pay me that $ 50, and I will in turn donate it to the FWFK as a pledge from you? That way, everyone walks away happy...no longer will you have to worry about people talking behind your back about your lack of payment on the bet, I won't have to worry about not collecting on the bet, and the children of the FWFK will receive a generous contribution in your name.

So what do you say, is that a good deal? If so, then please reply to this thread and name a specific time and place for us to meet next Sunday at the DC United game. I saw that you were in Section 8 for the first half of this past Wednesday's Open Cup game, but then you didn't come back for the second half. So, we'll have to make plans to meet and get this done this weekend.

Good deal?