NAPOLI vs REAL MADRID | UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday #2 | 03.10.23 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Oct 2, 2023.

1. tefftlon

tefftlon Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jan 11, 2023
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It gets him on the field too, which is nice.

I know during preseason a lot of people were predicting a midfield three of Jude, Tchou, & Cama but I thought he still needed time to grow before he's a fulltime starters.

Now, I didn't think we'd actually do the diamond until the first preseason game, but I always thought Fede was the clear starter.

2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I never said he was! But hes so so close. And most importantly, out of all players who are available + affordable and can actually make a difference for us, he is the best option. To me it is also pretty clear that he still has unfulfilled potential which means in the right conditions he can be performing as good as those two. He was bought for 70 million and is improving from season to season.

And there is also this:

He had the ambition as a teenager, and look how far he has come. One final step to accomplish it.

Shay Z repped this.
  3. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He’s just not it, let alone for 150M. Id take for him 60/70ish.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  4. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I wish Endrick was Osimhen's size. I hate the thought of having a CF who provides zero aerial threat as our main man.

RoadMan and Hendrix22 repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Love when they are young and dream of Madrid. It adds to our club's legend.

Crazy that both Napoli's star players biggest wish in sport is to play for Real Madrid yet Kylian Mbappe out here playing games because he was told he was amazing by everyone and paid like he owned the club rather than being an employee.

MerlinRM, Bear Crotch, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am not sure "affordable" belongs to the sets of adjectives to describe him at this moment.

7. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    The funny thing is seeing all these players moving to saudi for money has sort of brought some backlash on players prioritizing money over career. I really don't see much Mbappe talk, it's all about Bellingham right now. Even the girls my daughter plays with are all into Bellingham.

Anon., MerlinRM, Doni and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I agree with all of your post other than the "affordable" part. He was very affordable a couple of years ago when you suggested we sign him before he becomes too expensive.

Amazing that he dreams of playing for us. The reach and aura of this club (augmented by continues success) really is amazing. We know he's a top lad and he's serious about his job. He is going to have a great career. Personality wise there is no comparison between Victor and Mbappe (he was a good kid when he was young), Victor has the right stuff.

Saeta Rubia and Hendrix22 repped this.
  9. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Osimhen is a good physical striker, has got a great leap, he was made to look average by Rudi.

Would be worth seeing the shot speed of Valverde goal. One of the most powerful hits I’ve ever seen, their GK was shook.

10. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    I wonder considering the speed vs Roberto Carlos

Lyra repped this.
  11. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He also made Haaland look average and will probably do the same to Lewa when we play Barca.

Thought Osmihen played decently relative to how Napoli played. Alot of times he created chances for himself and was a menace in the air. His wasn't any worse than Haaland's and if i am not mistaken he had 100% pass accuracy. I wouldn't judge him negatively based on this game, in fact apart from kvara for a period in the second half nobody else caused us any trouble.

I wouldn't mind Osmihen in this team. He passes the eye test for me.

Anon., Lyra, Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.
  12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    That's precisely who I thought of when I saw that shot

13. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am speculating somewhat about the affordability based on the tiktok incident. If Napoli budge to 100 million that would be a massive opportunity and finally break with Mbappe. And I think because hes a Madrid fan he wouldn't demand exorbitant salary, something similar to Bellingham.

Shame we didn't get him in summer 2022 when Mbappe extended with PSG. We would have been ahead of the curve.

14. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Or he was as big as Adriano.

15. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    That shot looked like it could break a keepers hand.

Lyra repped this.