NAPOLI vs REAL MADRID | UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday #2 | 03.10.23 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Oct 2, 2023.

1. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Others would say Madrid is lucky to come out with any points this game.:rolleyes:

Shay Z repped this.
  2. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fede's goal was given as an...own goal :/

3. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The commentator said that the last time Napoli lost at home was 6 years ago. You can see why, they are a really good outfit and the game could have gone either way.

Great performance today by Rudiger I think despite the 2 goals conceded. Him, Fede, and Jude brought home the points.

Rodrygo still far from what we need and expect. I think he needs to well and truly hit the bench and prove himself over Joselu now who brings something different.

Onward and upward!!

RoadMan and Edino Edinho repped this.
  4. SamNass

SamNass Member

Real Madrid
    Mar 27, 2019
    Solid game. The team showed character in the face of adversity. Defense still needs tweaking though.

Deep Pal, xmaje, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But hey, these days it's not stupidity, it's "a different opinion"

What a game, thank you Carlo!

RMadrid2222 repped this.
  6. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    The road to London 2024 starts now. That was a very tough game and we contained Napoli and their two best players all game.

Shay Z, Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and 4 others repped this.
  7. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I hope we make it out of this terrible time.

RMadrid2222 and Digital repped this.
  8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We won
    No injuries

you did what I asked of you

yoanaidarov, temesgen, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  9. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Quite goom, a lot of actions and 3 points at Napoli! brilliant

10. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Justice served!
    good win. Jude is the king of our frontline, Tchou is the king of our backline.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When we are already playing with a weakened attack, we simply can't afford to have passengers like Rodrygo (in his current form) out on the pitch, especially away to tough opposition.

The good news is that Joselu will start the next one.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  12. undertow

undertow Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 22, 2020
    Modric came on and we took control of the match again and managed to score. Haters will hate that but this is how you manage a squad. Modric will still be useful despite not being a starter.

Ancelotti is managing this squad almost flawlessly.

meringues repped this.
  13. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    yoanaidarov, Digital, Shay Z and 5 others repped this.
  14. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Nothing to see. Just Rudiger locking in Haaland and Osimhen.

yoanaidarov, temesgen, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  15. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Man, those were some great goals. I didn't get to follow closely enough to comment on strategy and play, but it's great to get out of Naples with 3 points.

Shay Z repped this.
  16. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whatever you say about Osimhen, the same can be said about Haaland. Their role is suited to their best ability for two top teams in Napoli and City. Fortunately Rudiger is a beast who is awakened by the presence of heavyweights. Osimhen won a penalty through sheer determination, had great touches, created space, thats what hes supposed to do. On another day he scores, same as Haaland would have last year.

Napoli is a team of similar style and quality to us, but our midfield is just better than theirs thanks to Bellingham and that won us the game. On a side note, I'm not sure I like Fede's evolution as a player. Hes becoming a midfield Osimhen basically. I know its a weird thing to say on a night he scores a cracker (hope they didnt keep it as Meret own goal), but despite becoming more of a goal threat, hes just too direct and off ball of a player at this point and one of the reasons why we have so little control. He used to dictate play in his early days here.

boeder repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  18. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    We probably have the best youngsters in Europe right now. Quality for a decade.

Digital, Saeta Rubia and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    Bellingham yelled at the ref something like ‘fvuck off mate’ … you can read his lips, he handed him a yellow for it. Yikes.

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Stiliyan, Ahmadi8, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Even Mcmanaman thought it was a BS penalty. Dude sides against RM even on 80-20 type calls. [emoji23] This was 100% stupid call from ref.

Stiliyan, Ahmadi8, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  22. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    we have the best mid in the world and potentially one of the best mids ever assembled. If they all reach their potential, we are in for a fun decade. Awesome goals. Thankyou Florentino for putting this team together. If we add quality in attack over the next few years, we will be unstopable.

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  23. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    He won a dodgy penalty that no one here thinks was legit. Apart from that he huffed and puffed and did little else. Osimenhen had some really poor touches and showed how his passing is so limited. He’s athletic and can jump. That does not a footballer make.

I’ll take Haaland 1000 out 1000 times all day and every day.

RMadrid2222 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Difference between Osimhen and Haaland would be like difference between Vieri and RVN. Vieri was a good scorer in his own right, but RVN was special.

We got the best midfield in Europe. Someone like Osimhen would make us a fine team for next 5 years, but with Haaland or Mbappe, the potential is insane. I get why management went with Joselu gap option for a year after Benzema decided to leave a year early.

Osimhen option should be plan B if you are thinking about leader of the attack for next 5 years. Plan A should be a generational player.

zizou555 repped this.
  25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Just started watching the game and this kit is simply sick. I’ve told everyone in my family to gift me one for Christmas and to ask which number/player I want beforehand. One of the best shirts I’ve seen us wear.

Heyyy we are controlling the game so far too. Camavinga just humiliated a couple of Napoli fools.

Lyra, natenate101, Digital and 2 others repped this.