Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
  2. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    Hasbulla and Beavis, you have great taste my friend.

Midfield General and SF19 repped this.
  3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Zerbin is a left winger.

I think we need to get a proper RW and a LB.

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is too old next year.

I think I am one of the few here not convinced by Osimhen. I think Osimhen and Lozano our two most expensive players are our biggest question marks. I admit Osimhen has upside. Lozano is just useless.

5. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Racist towards mexicans?? Lol

6. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They’re saying Ruiz to PSG is done

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How?

8. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Lozano is not suited to Italy. He needs to be sold IMO.

9. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Can't sell him without a replacement. As bad as he is, Politano is worse.

10. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    If we're stuck, so be it. Spalletti is a seasoned manager and can work with what he has. I might put him down from time to time, but I have a lot of respect for Spalletti. He is a great manager, worth every penny he gets.

11. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He can only use what tools he's given. That right side is an issue, and once teams start keying on Kvara, then the worry levels rise.

12. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I agree, but Spalletti is not blind to what we see.

Take for example how di Lorenzo got into the penalty area for a header against Fiorentina, coming out of nowhere and almost scoring. Spal is cooking something up and maybe it means di Lo will play a bigger role.

tripwire repped this.
  13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is poor. Has nothing to do with the league. He is the only guy we have that I cannot stand.

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a goal by Dybala.

15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Spalletti is an idiot. Said we don’t need Mertens or Dybala because it does not suit our system then asks the club to spend over 35M on Raspadori instead of fixing the right side.

Spalletti is the main culprit.

16. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This is going to be a crazy season in Serie A. The top teams are all so competitive with one another.

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    More because quality of top teams have dropped.

I think Lazio will finish top 4. I still think Napoli more likely to finish outside.

18. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Spalletti is out of contract by next summer. He has to toe line to keep his job, meaning if ADL wants to play hardball in his negotiations with Mertens and Dybala, Spalletti has to speak in the same voice as ADL.

IMO ADL has instructed Guintoli to look for guys he can sell on later, guys like Raspadori and Lozano. We are clearly signing players according to certain profiles and we are setting conditions financially that leaves ADL less exposed financially.

ADL is not an ideal owner, but Spalletti is undoubtedly one of the best managers in the league. He's just a bit older and having to play catch up with the younger guys like Inzaghi and Italiano.

19. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I can't stand him either, but he's not Politano who thinks he's a superstar only in his own head. Lozano puts his head down and works. Politano will be in Saudi Arabia in a few years, but Lozano will be captain of Mexico by that time and will be a solid player for whichever EPL/La Liga team that will have him.

After the World Cup, teams will take notice of Lozano again. He could get sold in January. Maybe we swap him in a trade. Who knows.

LGRod repped this.
  20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree on transfer strategy and why Spalletti says certain things. He still could have asked for a young winger rather than Raspadori.

Lozano was bought because of Ancelotti. What a waste of money.

Spalletti was a great coach but the you g coaches are much better.

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wanted to say I agree but then saw the second part which I disagree with. Lozano will fail in PL too and I doubt he will impress in the WC. He lacks basic qualities like ball control.

22. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    If James Milner can play for Manchester City and Liverpool, then Lozano can make it in the EPL. Crystal Palace did show interest, but they bulked at his price tag. I wouldn't put it past Man U to sign him either. Ten Hag I think is an admirer. Maybe we can work out a trade with a Spanish club, finagle ourselves another Callejon.

You're forgetting he was hot property after the last World Cup. Ideally, we offload Lozano after the World Cup. Mexico should at least make the last 16. I'd say Poland would progress, but Poland has made an ass of my prediction pools for too long.

23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Milner is physical. That is all you need in PL.

Lozano became famous because of one goal against Germany. I just can’t see what he is good at. He has speed and crosses are ok but he cannot pass well, is physically weak, injury prone, poor control, weak shot, cannot dribble.

24. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I should compare him to Dan James, a former Man U player who signed for Leeds last season and is wanted at Spurs. James isn't anything special, but Leeds paid over 30M EUR for him and Spurs, who are considering him among other options, will have to pay more than that to sign him. IMO Lozano is a better alternative to Dan James and could fetch ~40-60M EUR in the EPL in January.

25. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    0D304F15-F564-4376-A582-6386F911A084.jpeg