Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    What ?, name me a National Team that has a bigger self-confidence and stronger winner mentality than Denmark ?

2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Eriksen played second fiddle his entire career to Kane and Delle Alli; he basically had to cover their lack of defensive work - he was more talented than both back then.
    Now Damsgaard our biggest talent is playing second left back for Sampdoria, while Gabbiadini and Quagliarella are fukn around doing nothing to help the team defend.
    Our danes are pussies for not speaking up and demanding more important roles that reflect their talent.
    They are "nice guys".

Our national team is something entirely different

3. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    The Danish NT is full of "nice guys" who know that you do not become a great team by feeling or acting like a lazy self-important prima-donna. In fact this is the strength of the Danish NT, fielding talented players who work hard but just as well could be playing for some bigger teams in the top-5 leagues, but do not go around feeling "high almighty" or are bitching about it or about how much work they put in. If you want to see what a team of prime prima-donna players looks like, just go look at Turkey and their attitude for club and country.

SF19 repped this.
  4. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I like the way you think @Sacki

But it also shows why Denmark are doing so well. You have players who actually do the hard work rather than do things the easy way, no matter how talented they are.

@Ceres

My good man you have won my admiration because every time someone mentions Denmark on this forum, no matter which category or what context, you always appear, as if by some kind of magic. This takes a lot of dedication. I wish you merriment as you keep on fighting for the honor of your nation.

Ceres repped this.
  5. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Highly talented Danish players (or other Nordic players) usually make a long-term plan for their future, taking smaller steps when they move to a bigger team or a bigger league, so they often start out rejecting offers from the top clubs in the top-6 leagues, but either move to FC København, or Ajax if going abroad, or a good Belgium side or, if they are more "adventurous", to one of the smaller top-5 league sides. In fact, Joakim Mæhle openly said after his success at the Euro-20 that he was not at all interested in moving from Atalanta to a bigger top-4 league club in this summer transfer window, because it would be too soon and was not part of his plan.

You now also see genuine top Nordic talents rejecting a move to the top-5 league to join a top Danish Superliga team before taking their next career step, like the 17-yo Norwegian and 18-yo Swedish U-21 NT players Andreas Schjelderup and Daniel Svensson at Nordsjælland, who rejected offers from clubs in the big leagues, the only 19-yo Swedish U-21 NT defender Eric Kahl recently signed by AGF Aarhus for €1.5 million as his first step abroad, the 18-yo Icelandic U-21 NT and Senior NT attacking midfielders Hákon Arnar Haraldsson and Ísak Bergmann Jóhannesson, who was recently signed for €4.5 million by FC København in competition with much bigger clubs from the top-5 leagues, that he did not want to join, because in his long term plan, this was the first step he would like to make. And of cause the 22-yo Swedish/American Euro-20 midfielder Jens Cajuste at Midtjylland, just to mention a few.

SF19 repped this.
  6. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    we need individuals who can determine games, someone like Haaland is not only highly talented but also demands the ball from his teammates at Dortmund, he shows no one more respect than he shows himself, very unscandinavian and we need a little of that.

this conversation really went off topic hahaha

7. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    You do know that Haaland at first was negotiating with Brøndby, but was keen on joining FC København when he was 16 as his first step abroad ? but after staying there for a week, they decided not to sign him (according to his father) so he signed with Molde instead.

8. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Who do you think is the most likely to qualify for the WC-22 ?, "nice guy" Denmark with a no "Haaland" type of player, or Norway ?. Denmark has shown to be much better without relying on Eriksen being the Star player, just as I believe Argentina has been looking better of lately without Messi. Fact is that Haaland believe he should be scoring more than 1 goal on average a game for Norway, but fact is that he is not and I suspect that Norway are going to miss yet another big tournament, relying too much on Haaland. Denmark on the other hand will qualify for the WC with ease, not fielding Eriksen.

9. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    @Sacki said it best. You need players who have great individual qualities and strong personality.

Peter Schmeichel was that player for Denmark in 1992. He used to give everyone shit even at United. He flat out told Gary Neville he wasn't good enough after replacing Paul Parker. That probably helped Gary Neville in the end become an even better player.

But it doesn't have to always be like that. Chiellini brings a lot of experience and strength to Italy. His warrior mentality permeates through the team. The midfielders for Italy are on the smaller side and can get bullied by opponents. Chiello sets the bar and can get everyone to put a smile on and dig their elbows into their opponent if they have to.

You need those kinds of strong personalities in teams who either shout at everyone to get it together or who get everyone to follow their example.

Sacki repped this.
  10. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    1. Haaland has scored 12 goals in 15 games for norway. Are you saying you wouldnt want a player like that playing for Denmark?
    2. Eriksen has not been anywhere near Haaland's level for almost 3 years now, he also plays a dying role in top football: the attacking midfielder. Are we better off without Eriksen because everyone else stepped up or are we better off because we don't have to field a pure number 10 who has been out of form for almost 3 years?

In national football my point doesn't apply, they are culturally similar and will get along. It's the club football I'm talking about, if you come as a foreigner you have to show some grit - our best players lack that and it is imo prohibiting them from reaching the highest level.

Why are you trying to emphasize how great Danish football is? I haven't even agreed or disagreed with any of it; I simply said Lobotka reminds me of one of us Danes; he used to play here after all. We all can see Lobotka's abilities on the pitch, so why isn't he playing more? He is by far superior to most of our midfielders where it matters.

If there are any moderators here, I will accept the ban for going veeerrrry off topic.

11. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Chiellini can be and has been both throughout his career imo. great player, diving twat - cant help but like him a little

SF19 repped this.
  12. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #10237 Ceres, Sep 9, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    I remember Lobotka from FCN, and though he had one great 2016/17 season where he made 7 assists, he was solid but not really a midfielder who scored any goals or otherwise set the Superliga on fire. (FCN also only finished 5th that season, while newly promoted Lyngby took home the Bronze medals, so it was kind of a weak looking Superliga season). How he did in La Liga for Celta I do not know. There is a clever Danish soccer expert and former FC København director of sport who once said that "everyone can dance one summer" referring to the fact that you should never buy a player based on only one great season he may recently have had.

SF19 repped this.
  13. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    The moderators here don't ban, but they'll tell you off if we get mouthy.

14. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Lobotka has a muscle injury.

K2 reportedly changed flights repeatedly to get back to Italy asap. Not only that, though. After getting off the airplane, he went straight to the training grounds, and he hadn't even come home to say hi. That is determination and love. Moreover, he has not been asking for a raise all the effing time. He is the child of Napoli, not Insigne...

Sacki, tripwire, SF19 and 1 other person repped this.
  15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When is Lobotka back?

16. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Reportedly, he should be out for about 14 days, which means that he will miss Juventus and Leicester.

17. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Spalletti nailed it when he stated, "In terms of presenting practical examples that others can follow, he is excellent. If we all had a bit of Koulibaly, life would be easier"

SF19 repped this.
  18. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Fiorentina are in good form, although I haven't really gotten much a chance to see them other than in that loss to Roma. Vlahovic is some striker. It will be interesting to see Callejon again. After that 6-0 mauling they suffered last season to Napoli, he has a point to prove to the Fiorentina faithful. Certainly, no more post-match selfies with the Napoli guys.

[​IMG]

19. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    ADL needs to sign proper cover for Osimhen. A golden oldie like Zlatan and Dzeko would be ideal. Someone who won't get too hot and bothered when Osimhen gets his place back. Cavani maybe? He's been great for United when called upon, but he does have his fitness issues.

Sacki repped this.
  20. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    mariano diaz or luka jovic

21. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
  22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Insigne is not renewing and going to Toronto.

have credible info that Mertens and Ghoulam will also be let go.

so from next year the chore will be around
    Koulibaly, Di Lorenzo, Fabian, Anguissa, Lobotka, Zielinski, Elmas, Osimhen.

23. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Insigne is a joke. He is playing his best football and going to mls at 30 years of age . How is this guy a captain? I understand why we lost those scudettos.Hamsik to china insigne to mls.wow man. Our last 2 captains.

Il Ciuccio and SF19 repped this.
  24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Insigne will be turning 31 in June and he will be out of contract. The club is looking to sign, younger , cheaper talent and no way will they offer the $13 million + bonusses that TFC is offering.

I understand how Napoli fans are divided on the subject as he is a hometown hero , just won the Euro and don't want to see him leave but next year will be strange with the World Cup in the middle of the season.

I think it could be a good move for both parties.

CarecaNapoli and SF19 repped this.
  25. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Can't believe Insigne is leaving. I think Insigne himself was capable of going to the UK and accomplishing something there, but the money the MLS has to offer shows the MLS is going to become more and more dominant.

Mady Camara of Olympiacos will be heading over to Napoli at some point. He's a good holding midfield, very similar type of player to Anguissa. This is more or less part of the deal that saw Manolas go back to Peiraias.

https://www.sportime.gr/bloggers/ag...anti-kamara-meta-to-deal-me-ton-kosta-manola/