Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Spalletti talking now. Won't confirm or deny he spoke with Emerson

2. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I think Napoli should sign Emerson, but plan to bring in someone younger too and develop him. I see a lot of these wing-backs now who are very young, full of running, and they are getting forward to the point they're an extra attack and still get back like mad men. It's why Spinazzola did his ligament. All that running. I think this trend is here to stay for some time.

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We really need a better right back. Di Lorenzo at fault.

4. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    k2, manolas and the two starting fullbacks in the EURO finals that went on to win as well...

now we just need a regista and a defensive midfielder who isn't shit on the ball

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I still think Emerson and Di Lorenzo were the two weak links in Italy. But agree we have a very good defense with Meret, Emerson, Koulibaly, Manolas, Di Lorenzo.

We need to sell Fabian and get a proper midfielder. Need to go back to 433.

6. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I'm sorry but if you want a 433 and success Zielinski should be the one sold. Fabian is also the better midfielder, by a country mile.

7. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    you must have something personal against Zielu cause you always criticise him but he is opposite of it.

8. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    its not personal he just accounts for nothing if you want to control the game. I don't think he is tactically strong enough, and when he doesn't outweigh that by being creative he offers nothing.
    He will score goals or get the odd assist, but to me, it comes at a price in lack of stability in midfield - do we want to win silverware or be a shopping window for the bigger teams?

I said I would rather have had de paul, but he is now almost doubled in market value after the copa

9. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    De Paul will join to Atleti. He is amazing btw.

tripwire and SF19 repped this.
  10. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Di Lorenzo is very versatile. Emerson needs to find his groove again.

Koulibaly is wanted by Everton and Real Madrid. I have to think he will reunite with Benitez or Ancelotti.

If Koulibaly sells for a good fee, it's better to keep Fabian now that de Paul has been missed. Fabian could help Napoli build a great midfield, one that can be competitive against the very best. It will be difficult for Napoli to find a better replacement.

Zielinsky got high praise from his old pals Bruno Fernandes and Reina. All he really needs is a top coach to help him get to the next level.

11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Both Di Lorenzo and Emerson were shook in the first 15 minutes of the game, but then they were very good like the rest of Italy. I don't understand the hate.

Speaking of Di Lorenzo, RAI has reported that Atletico have contacted Napoli about his price tag. The rumors of him being sought by Man U were journalistic fabrications

SF19 repped this.
  12. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damsgaard?

-----------------Meret-------------
    DiL--K2----Manolas---Emerson Palmieri
    ----------xxxxx-----Fabian---------
    Lozano-------Damsgaard-----Insigne
    ---------------Osimhen----------

x::: Locatelli-Koopmeiners or Pessina.I am ok with Sofyan Amrabat too lol . We need someone to hold the mid.

13. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    ^ Will Zielinski be sold? Also Politano will probably be preferred to Lozano, but the competition between them is strong.

I don't get it either.

Emerson came into the team at a difficult moment with no rhythm. It's difficult for anyone to replace Spinazzola. No one else in the tournament played out of their skins like he did and obviously his forward runs were an important part of Mancini's puzzle. It was not easy for Emerson.

DiLo tended to sit back a lot more because of Spinazzola and simply tried to do his job without any fuss. He did look shaky against Belgium, but otherwise gave a decent account of himself.

England were strong on the wings and looked to dominate the wide areas thinking the Italy wing-backs wouldn't push forward, allowing England to pin Italy back a bit. That created some problems for Italy, but Southgate's gambit didn't last long. Once England lost their intensity and fell into a more normal rhythm, Italy's strength in the midfield took over the game.

indestructible repped this.
  14. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Emerson did a good job containing Saka, and Di Lo was good after a shaky start. They deserve some credit for shutting down England's strength on the wings for most of the match.

15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zielinski is not going anywhere. That's also a new one.

The only names being discussed right now for an exit is Ruiz and Insigne. Ruiz is more likely because there is some desire there. Insigne just became a European champion and his agent will justify an increase. Napoli on the other hand want to give him less than what he's making now.

16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  17. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    List of Napoli players leaving for Dimaro:

Portieri: Baietti Francesco (2003), Boffelli Valerio (2004), Contini Nikita (1996), Idasiak Hubert (2002).

Difensori: Costa Filippo (1995), Koulibaly Kalidou (1991), Luperto Sebastiano (1996), Malcuit Kevin (1991), Manolas Kostas (1991), Mario Rui Silva Duarte (1991), Rrahmani Amir (1994), Zanoli Alessandro (2000), Zedadka Karim (2000).

Centrocampisti: Demme Diego (1991), Elmas Eljif (1999), Folorunsho Michael (1998), Gaetano Gianluca (2000), Lobotka Stanislav (1994), Machach Zinedine (1996), Palmiero Luca (1996), Zielinski Piotr (1994).

Attaccanti: Ciciretti Amato (1993), Osimhen Victor (1998), Ounas Adam (1996), Petagna Andrea (1995), Politano Matteo (1993), Tutino Gennaro (1996).

18. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We need to sort out our mercato out. Mario Rui needs to go. Napoli need to accept that offer. I'll go crazy if we start the season and he's still around.

From the sound of it, Malcuit looks like he's going to stick around and be Di Lorenzo's #2.

We need:
    2 left backs
    1 new CB
    A potential replacement for Fabian (if he is being sold)
    A new defensive mid and not Bakayoko

19. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Kaio Jorge is talking with Milan who are convincing him to sign on a free in January.

20. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Everton made an offer for Koulibaly and were told by the club to "double the offer"

Sacki repped this.
  21. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
  22. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Kurzawa to Galatasaray pretty much closes the door to Mario Rui. ********ing great

23. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don’t rate either highly. They were with Immobile Italy’s least impressive. They are good but not players that win you the league. Di Lorenzo also makes too many mistakes.

25. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We won’t get these guys.
    Also I am not a fan of 4231