Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 3 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by FNU, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NapoliNewJersey

NapoliNewJersey New Member

Aug 13, 2006
    New Jersey
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree ... I like all our signings.

Does anyone realize that we're getting rid of or trying to get rid of good players i.e. DeZerbi, DallaBona, Calaio, Domizzi, Iezzo, Rullo etc.

But we're keeping players like Montervino, Grava, Savini, Maldonado..... anyone see what's wrong with this picture.

I would like our depth/bench to be decent as well as our starters.

2. Longboy

Longboy New Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Newcastle,UK
    Sadly Iezzo isn't the future, Calaio playing 2nd fiddle to Sosa is a joke (and we don't need to expand further), Domizzi agent is an asshole and Dalla Bona is getting ********ed over

The new guys will liven up the squad which is exactly what we needed

i reserve the right to edit this post on Saturday night when Santacroce losses Di Natalie and Navarro let the ball go through his legs for the winner :O

3. SSC_curva_B

SSC_curva_B Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Montreal
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I KNOW!!??

4. Longboy

Longboy New Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Newcastle,UK
    Parma's Francesco Parravicini is the latest name linked with Napoli as back up to Blasi (its not like he misses many games is it:rolleyes:) and Gargano. Calaio has the presidents blessing to move if he can find a club, nobody wants Maldonado, Capparella or Rullo, says it all really

5. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think Iezzo, Dalla Bona, nor Domizzi are going anywhere. Just media rumors. I'm certain we're not going to get rid of Domizzi who is one of our stars. Iezzo is getting old, but I think he'll retire with us and become GK coach. Dalla Bona is a question mark, but I think we'll keep him if we start playing a 4-3-3 where he can become a valuable sub. Rullo doesn't want to go, he's here till the summer at least. If he really that good? He's a good sub I suppose.
    De Zerbi wanted out, so we gave that to him and he's with his home town team now through a loan deal. So he could still return.
    Genoa want half of Calaio, if true, so he'll still be ours and hopefully he gets the must needed play time with them that we're not giving him.

Considering our less than stellar players, who really wants them? Plus they keep our wages low as bench riders. Sure we could use better subs, but for now they're good enough.

6. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'll be surprised if Navarro starts. Santacroce on the other hand is better than what we have at the moment with all the injuries. Contini can finally play his natural position on the left, because he sucks on the right and Reja doesn't know better.
    He'll still play the 3-5-2 though.
    Iezzo
    Santacroce Cannavaro Contini
    Blasi Gargano
    Garics Hamsik Mannini
    Lavezzi
    Zalayeta

7. NAPOLIUSA

NAPOLIUSA Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Trenton,New Jersey
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    "Former National Team player Bruno Giordano said once that Emanuele Calaiò will be Italy's main striker in 2010's FIFA World Cup." -from wikipedia. So Calaio' would see plenty of time if Giordano became coach. Can't say I agree with Bruno on that whole 2010 thing, but I would like to see Manu play for Napoli more often.Oh and Giordano would definetly be a fan favorite.(until he ****s up at least)

8. joeginto

joeginto Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was thinking about this on the ride home...Marino is trying to make some sweeping changes to this club in January. You figure that type of turnover is really dependent on your coach being a good "man manager." Since we're not on the training ground or in the locker room we have no real way of knowing how effective Reja is at motivating players, defining a vision for the club and having players buy into it, etc....

All of which leads me to believe Reja still may not last the year if the results don't go his way.

9. Longboy

Longboy New Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Newcastle,UK
    all sorts od madness today, Cheivo want's Maldonado,Genoa apparently don't wan't Calaio (PHEW), Stefano Procida is apparently on his way. a young defender from Torino,MARINO IS BEAVERING AWAY, its all madness, MADNESS I TELL YOU

i dont even know what is happening with Esposito​

10. NapoliNewJersey

Aug 13, 2006
    New Jersey
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I can't wait for today to be over so we can just figure out what's going on and get back to Udinese.

11. SSC_curva_B

SSC_curva_B Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Montreal
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. NapoliNewJersey

Aug 13, 2006
    New Jersey
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pazienza coming to Napoli ... good news

Capparella going to Bologna .... great news.

13. SSC_curva_B

SSC_curva_B Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Montreal
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  15. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Marino-Pradè, differenza di 400mila Euro

Confermato che Marino ha chiuso definitivamente la trattativa con il Cagliari per Esposito, ma la Roma chiede altri 400 mila euro rispetto all'offerta azzurra
    31/01/2008 17:33 di Marcello Pelillo , articolo letto 0 volte
    [​IMG] Per il passaggio di Mauro Esposito al Napoli, Pierpaolo Marino ha concluso l'accordo per la comproprietà con il Cagliari, ma c'è una differenza economica non superiore ai 400 mila euro con la Roma per perfezionare il trasferimento. In ogni caso la trattativa è ancora aperta ed è stata smentita la partenza del DS giallorosso da Milano.

Sounds like Roma is being shifty.

16. SSC_curva_B

SSC_curva_B Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Montreal
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    r u serious.....i dont know who to believe......i guess will have to wait and c..............where u hear they didnt?

17. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  18. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That article you posted says so...perso, not preso.

19. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Official: Dalla Bona to Cagliari.

Could facilitate the Esposito move. 5 minutes left to find out.

20. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Never mind. Both deals fell through.

Regardless, our January campaign was excellent.

21. Longboy

Longboy New Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Newcastle,UK
    Is their a list off all confirmed ins and outs?

22. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bummer we didn't get Esposito. Roma being greedy is no surprise.

23. Longboy

Longboy New Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Newcastle,UK
    could be a blessing really, if we stay up would you rather have Foggia or Esposito?

24. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What does Foggia have to do with it? We weren't getting him either way. I rather have both, Foggia coming in the summer.

25. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do you guys know why Suazo was so good last year? Esposito was feeding him great passes, this year Suazo is mediocre.