Napoli Serie A 2023/24 - defense of the Scudetto!

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Jeremy Goodwin, May 4, 2023.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The future begins now.

Sacki and SF19 repped this.
  2. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Spalletti needs to start experimenting with players from now. We've become too predictable for teams.

Sacki, Bedelcigil and Jeremy Goodwin repped this.
  3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Guys let’s celebrate. Also we don’t need to defend anything. ADL said he wants the CL.

4. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hard to know if the players who will play the remaining games will even be with us. Have a feeling we'll see another key player added this summer

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Se may lose two key components. Guintoli and Kim.

The other key players are staying and I hope ADL keeps Zielinski.

Players we will lose are Demme, Ndombele, Lozano. Meret is a question but honestly I rate Gollini more.

6. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    IMO time to sell Ziely. Raspadori could start in his place or we change to 4-4-2. IMO 4-4-2/4-3-3 hybrid would be ideal.

7. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    How can we rate Gollini? He only played once. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. We haven't seen enough, but the one time he played he did well.

If a good offer comes in for Meret, then he can go. Otherwise, we stick with him.

8. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played yesterday and the Atalanta game, and three starts for Fiorentina at the start of the year, clean sheets in four games and the other was a win. I think it's premature to show Meret the door, Gollini seems to be happy in Napoli and patient for now, it's a luxury to have two quality keepers.

9. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I forgot the Atalanta game, but I remember it now. Let them push each other and we'll see what we'll see.

10. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Kim has a small penis. Adl will find someone else

SF19 and Bedelcigil repped this.
  11. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team is going to tour South Korea for two friendly matches (seems like the games are with RCD Mallorca June 8th in Seoul and June 10th Goyang) immediately after the season to bring the party to Kim's neighborhood. It sounds like the team is also interested in meeting with a few Korean and Japanese players. I wonder if they will go to Georgia and Nigeria as well.

This is separate from Roma's midsummer South Korean tour where they'll be playing Wolverhampton and Incheon United.

Summer training camp will follow between July 14 to 25 returning again to Dimaro-Folgarida, Trentino.

SF19 repped this.
  12. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I see a lot of Georgians at games. A lot! They practically have their own section.

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Zielinski is the most creative guy we have. He unlocks the game and is the link between midfield and arrack. Selling him is madness.

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I prefer him to Meret but to become a top team we need someone like Navas.

15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Meret is a very average keeper. He adds nothing special. If we want to improve that is one of the areas.

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is a flight on days Napoli play. A lot come.

SF19 repped this.
  17. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    There are a lot of players who can replace Ziely, starting with Raspadori who is also very creative. There is an abundance of this kind of player out there. It's much harder to replace Osi though. Strikers are a premium. Just look at all the problems Viola have replacing Vlahovic.

Meret is OK. With Gollini as competition, they will push each other to compete. Navas is getting older and would cost too much. He is a great keeper though, but he has some limitations whereas Meret has developed to become a bit more modern despite his own limitations.

Our best hope is to find players before they hit it big like we did with Kvara and Osi. But that is hard, especially now that Guintoli left. And I think the plan now is to build from within, to develop players like we did before. The next Fabio Cannavaro, Gianfranco Zola, etc. I think that is the goal.

18. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Small news for, but that would big news for Juve lol.

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Disagree on Zielinski. What he Does Raspadori cannot do. Especially not from midfield.

Meret is too limited to be pushed to improve. Navas was an examples. Ofc we should not bring him now.

21. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    IMO Ziely has a lot of limitations. He's too much of CAM, not enough of a CM. We need someone who can play both roles well.

Raspadori is more willing to do whatever Spalletti asks of him. Depending on his willingess to apply himself and how good a job Spalletti does with him, I would say he could become a more complete midfielder, closer in style and ability to someone like Barella and better than Locatelli. I think he has that potential. You shouldn't underestimate Raspadori and his desire to become a great player. He has the will and under Spalletti, I think a way too.

22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Raspadori is far less a CM than Zielinski.

I have always supported Zielinski and think he is one of the key players.

23. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You guys should sign Dolla from Psg

24. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    We would if we had some of that UCL semi money. Shame it had be to be wasted on your creditors. At least you can take comfort in Inter losing to 6-0 to City in the final.

@CarecaNapoli

Maybe I'm wrong. Ziely can be a phenomenal player, de Bruyne-like when he's at his best. These things are never easy to predict or maybe I'm just racist against Polish people and think Belgians have higher IQs.

Raspadori could be the future of Italy. I have great faith in him to surpass Locatelli and to rival Barella for a starring role in the heart of everything Italy does, especially now that Zaniolo has thrown his career away. Veratti and Jorginho will need to phased out soon enough.

If we keep Ziely, I believe that might hinder Raspadori's development because it will continue to reduce his role to the bench, unless Spalletti can come up with a way to field both, which would be ideal in my mind, but difficult to do.

25. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But you see Raspadori in midfield? Also this is a big bet.

Obviously for Elmas also better if Zielinski leaves.