Pre-match: Napoli - Lecce

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Euphorius Thor, Feb 9, 2020.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can’t take what you say seriously after this

2. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    No analogy is perfect, and this one is pretty inconsistent in its particulars; however, you have misunderstood my point. I'm not saying that there is no difference between a bad and a good coach, but the skill tree and the variables are too many to judge the matters properly and without fallacies. Even CEOs can have a bit of luck here and there, and as much as we hate to admit it, for it undermines capitalist society upon the foundation we had built our society, it still remains true that luck plays a huge role in the success of an individual. I have taught millions of successful people, and all of the honest ones admit the truth of the above.

Then there is nepotism, which can span decades, centuries, or millennia; cheating, which can indeed be spread over a variety of spectra; genetic predispositions, which need no explanation; and, of course, the environment within the boundaries of which one is educated or raised, etc.

Of course, in our case, luck is the only factor that we are interested in, but we should not underestimate the external conditions. Sarri had a real attacker, and it wasn't just because of his own creativity or skill, as he cared not at all about the transfer market. He may have transformed Mertens, but if no Mertens had been brought in by the management he would not have been able to do that.

This is extremely badly written and I could really argue it out much more satisfactorily, but I only had 5 mins to put it down, so I hope you get the general idea of my thought processes. Peace.

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Being a failure maybe. But Ancelotti was a disaster and ruined morale, fitness and finances.

4. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    No matter, I look for agreement in the minds of those whom I admire and consider at least argumentatively capable, with no desire to disparage. But not taking me seriously already without explaining myself thoroughly after such a general statement says a lot, so I'm sorry...

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You can say this in very simple terms. There are other factors too. We all agree.

Sarri had doubts because he knew it was impossible to replicate the past seasons with other teams strengthening and his players wanting to leave after giving their all and not winning the title.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I mean in tactical discussions it is pointless to argue if you think the coach is the least important factor.

7. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Morale? Fitness, sure you can argue that they ran less. Finances?

Show me proof. Objective, not subjective. The fitness I understand, the morale and finances until someone from the club comes out saying Ancelotti was demoralizing the squad how can you believe that? Every player to come out to the media has never blamed Ancelotti and all have praised him. I'm gonna assume you're saying finances because we weren't in a champions league place when he was fired but he led us to 3 wins and 3draws in the Champions league and could've led us further. He also had us come 2nd last year so I'm not sure how you came up with that one.

8. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Sarri is his God and Ancelotti is the devil ( because he succeed him ). Why even bother arguing facts with extremely opinionated and bias people? That's like trying to preach to Osama Bin Laden that terrorism is wrong. Just wasting your time.

9. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    We loss this match because Gattuso started the wrong line up. And also bad luck. We aren't out of the woods yet.

Euphorius Thor and tripwire repped this.
  10. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    His subs as well, and was the change in formation second half. This loss was mostly on Gattuso.

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fitness - you agree

Finances - Lozano and paying 4M a year to Llorente. He wanted James too

Morale - mutiny happened under him. He completely mismanaged. Players did not try from last February and fans lost enthusiasm. This does not mean he was a bad guy. He is a nice person but he cannot motivate players

The same happened at Bayern
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...otti-arjen-robben-franck-ribery-a7980666.html

12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yes, as much as I like Gattuso and wish him to remain with us, and even give him a chance next season if he totally flunks this one, I have to admit that the bad decisions in the previous match were plainly visible. Especially his subs made no sense at all... But to give him his due, as we have so often seen, this squad is no longer a squad that can deal with anything, so the tiniest piece of bad luck can distemper us greatly, and such a team has basically lost any and all ability to react to situations in matches...

CarecaNapoli and tripwire repped this.