Review: Napoli 2023/24 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Ciro Di Marzio, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    When was the last time an Italian team won the CL? It's most likely not gonna happen until one of the rich top teams learn to practice somewhat positive football.

Last time was Chelsea under tuchel right? And before that Inter under mourinho? Weren't they both flukes tbh?

The last time Italy had a proper top team in Europe was Milan when they had Kaka and the rest, if I'm not mistaken.

As a Napoli fan I must admit that we do play well, some seasons, but lack the financiel power to take it to another level. Napoli has a positive, modern, football identity. We just have too many shit players to always compete.

SF19 repped this.
  2. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Roma came very close to the final in 2018 (when they had Salah, Allison, etc). Juve went to finals in 2015 and 2017.

In financial terms, yes Serie A in general have slipped behind EPL and a few other top sides.

Winning the UCL will need luck for sure. Easier draws would be the biggest difference maker. Anything can happen in a final.

Fun Sega repped this.
  3. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Salah already went to Liverpool by 2017-18 season.

SF19 repped this.
  4. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Inter super close last year but lukaku is a donkey.

Don't see any team from Italy winning cl ever again. Certainly not scummy ass juventus.

SF19 repped this.
  5. Fun Sega

Fun Sega Member

AS Roma
    United States
    Mar 17, 2024
    Inter did that last year and at some points out played Manchester City. Griezman's goal was a fluke and on some interpretations could have been waved off for being offsides. Inter are running away with the championship this year and were a legitimate threat for the Champions league this year too.

6. Fun Sega

Fun Sega Member

AS Roma
    United States
    Mar 17, 2024
    It's a nice way to say non rigged draws :)

SF19 repped this.
  7. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Agreed! I also have high hopes that Juventus will be back really soon with Giuntoli as the sporting director, and Allegri likely getting sacked at the end of the season! I'm not sure if Giuntoli is as clever as Marotta, but he is very good as well. His performances with Napoli especially alongside ADL were pretty impressive.

8. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Not being in UCL hurts. If we had out sh*t together, we would have beaten that Plastic Sh*t-Germain, too.

Inter too should have gone further.

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Inzaghi wanted the league title