Name your 23 today

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  2. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Guys, we still have some hopes... if motta and ogbonna would get hurt in these few days.
    Motta is no10, I really don't get it. Imagine in few days your friends (non Italian fans) will ask you is totti playing then wonder who's the no10 instead:sick:

romanista8910 repped this.
  3. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If your implying that Conte was forced to take a player of color..than he got that wrong as well lol. Might as well take Balotelli over Eder in that scenario....

el napulitan and Rossonero23 repped this.
  4. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No, guys Ogbonna has been very good for West Ham this season, I have watched him. He has really stepped his game up and been playing almost every game. He deserves to be here. I would prefer Rugani just due to working with the BBC but Ogbonna knows them fairly well from last season as well.

5. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Also whats all the hate for Motta and #10? Do numbers really matter in the end? Don't forget in World Cup 2014 Podolski was #10 for Germany and most games he didn't even start.

Motta is ok, and at least he still plays for a world class team and in the UCL every season. Your being too harsh on him. He is a good player.

I understand about Eder, and I agree I really don't want him here but he probably won't be starting. Each coach has like one player they like and always take that other coaches probably wouldn't.

Lippi's Iaquinta
    Prandelli's Balotelli
    Conte's Eder

You could argue Balotelli was our best striker in 2012, but his passion for the team sucked and many coaches would be done way before but Prandelli had too much sympathy.

forza_azzurri repped this.
  6. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Plus Wesley Snipes isn't Italian so Conte couldn't call him up

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  7. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The number 10 is usually the most creative talented player on the team. Doesn't mean much to other countries but Italy it sure does

8. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. paisano22

paisano22 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Once I seen Okaka was omitted from the 30 I knew it was a done deal, the powers that be have spoken. Rugani is the future of the succession of Italian defender greatness but had to sit out due to this inclusion agenda which I'm sure this refugee invasion in Italy going on now played a big hand. Now much like 2 years ago at Juve I gotta cringe everytime he comes on the pitch especially if he does so vs Belgium. As a Juve fan I know first have that BBC gets tired during a tight string of matches like the 2nd leg of the coppa vs Inter or the 2nd Leg vs BM late, instead of subbing these guys with quality we gotta go with a dismal defender like Ogbonna.

Deleted User x and indestructible repped this.
  10. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yeah, you liked him so much that not once did you include him in any of your countless formations lol...GTFO please.

11. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Saw your match against Scotland . You struggled to break down Scotland . We are a much more solid unit at the back . You are going to struggle to beat us . You miss Veratti badly.

12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    No, but Zaza, Immobile and Pelle have a greater work rate than Gabbs.

Rosay repped this.
  13. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Again you Juventini miss the point, his job is to score not run around like a bull in a china shop. We will need goals not headless chickens.

el napulitan repped this.
  14. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Lolol what? You mean in that game where everyone was pretty lacklustre? Jorgi was on of the best mids in Europethis season and cunte chose sturaro over him. Let that fcukin sink in. But yea cunte is right for dropping him for those 15-20 minutes against Scotland. Italy are gonna do shit and its gonna be thanks to conte with his stupid choices.

15. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No he is not my favorite. He is not a starting player, he is a sub which is why I didn't include him in my formations. Of Course the BBC is the starting players.

16. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    That isn't the poiny, jorgi was the best Italian mid, played the whole season, yet he is going home whilst sturaro is going to the euros whilst not being a starter for his club, the very same reason he has not called up Gabbiadini. We're just gonna see a team run around with only a couple players who can play ball. This is going to be boring to watch. As I said conte should have been sackec ages and he shouls be sacked for this selection. You'll see this when we bomb. Motta getting the number 10(over insigne too) means he is a guaranteed starter, and I bet Insigne doesn't start every group game, 2 of this season's best players are being completely ignored or partially ignored by conte. Not sure I can even support his team now cus that's what it is, it's his shitty team not italy.

P di Antonio repped this.
  17. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Just so im in the know, who is this big black cock you keep bringing up?

Pietro Calcio, PhuckHead and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  18. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    are you racist?

19. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Um, is this the most stupid question I ever read on bs? Yes, yes it is!

20. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Jorginho was the best italian mid? Why couldn't he stand out against big teams?

Napoli 0-0 Roma
    Roma 1-0 Napoli
    Napoli 2-1 Juventus
    Juventus 1-0 Napoli
    Villarreal 1-0 Napoli
    Napoli 0-0 Villarreal

He seemed to be shut down quite well with big teams. No way is he better than DDR, and probably comparable with Motta. Motta honestly had a great season and really helped with defense for PSG a lot.

Also I am sure Insigne will play a big part, don't worry. Issues were resolved ages ago. Against Scotland the only reason he didn't start him was because he was starting players just to make sure to cut them. Eder was supposed to be cut, but he came because of Montolivo's injury.

I agree Gabbiadini deserves to be here, but did he get that much playing time? Not Really. Was he really that impressive this season? No. Last Season he was really impressive but not this season. I do have to say Gabbs and Belotti are probably our best strikers, but seriously though Zaza, Pelle, Immobile, and Eder got more playing time. Zaza came on quite often as a sub, Pelle and Immobile were starters mostly. Eder declined in the second half of the season but at least he helped us with some qualifying games. I do hate Eder really, but its not surprising Conte chose him after making the top scorer list and being part of our qualifying campaign.

And Sturaro had a great season, did you see him in the UCL? He was a monster against Man City and Bayern, and honestly when he is on the pitch, he always plays with huge confidence and is very passionate with the team. Sturaro will probably not be a starter, but seriously he always plays with huge confidence and does have talent, so he deserves to be here. Sturaro usually has the games of his life when he actually plays against BIG teams.

gumbacicc and forza_azzurri repped this.
  21. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    By the way a few months ago, I read that Insigne and Bernardeschi are fighting for a place in the squad. Who did Conte decide to go with? I didn't see the squad yet.

22. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh brother

23. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Another ridiculous point being made and backed up with a list of games where Napoli and Jorginho in particular dominated the possession of the ball. Jorginho is a regista his job is to keep the tempo and the ball moving forward, his stats this season back up how decisive he was. You ask why he did not stand out, to me he does stand out, the difference in Napoli's midfield this season from last season is all down to him. He might not score or charge around the field like a player with roid rage but every team needs a regista and he was by the far the best in Italia.
    Those games you list the other teams bunkered down, Jorginho still performed as asked in those games. You list 2 games against Villareal were he didnt even play and you even include a game against Juventus that Napoli won. Start using your noodle kid.

Deleted User x and el napulitan repped this.
  24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    juve eye glasses does that.

25. ITA-SSCN=AZZURRI

Sep 15, 2008
    Ferraro factory
    Pelle went off with a knee injury in training today. This is coming from football italia, wonder how serious it is.