Name your 23 today

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Apr 11, 2015.

1. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    assuming we stick with the 3-5-2

we took only 4 CB's.... what if one goes down with an injury and another needs a sub in the next game... does De Rossi drop back in the centre like 2012 or darmian fill that 3rd spot ? seems to me instead of taking 5 forwards we should have potentially taken another CB just in case

Nek Sanalet repped this.
  2. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And Zaza, Immobile, Pelle and Eder are?

3. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    More defenders. Who are you Mazzarri?

el napulitan repped this.
  4. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm talking numbers here. It's a tournament more games in less days than players play during season. Don't you want more than one extra CB on the bench knowing a few of the starters have had fitness issues this year?

Edit: I'll pretend you meant Mazzari in his Reggina days. I'll take that as a compliment ;)

Nek Sanalet and P di Antonio repped this.
  5. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's like Conte is not even trying. Instead of taking much needed chances on picks, he went with the most predictable and boring squad possible.

el napulitan and afar repped this.
  6. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Haha there is no need to worry about numbers, we will only be playing 3 games.

7. paisano22

paisano22 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    People here were talking about this being the worst strikers/forwards but this is by far the worst defense we fielded in my life and Italy has always been about defending. I can't for the life of me see how they expect the Juve 3 to hold up when all of them were injured at one point or another during the season but leave off Rugani who played a lot during the later part of the year. Instead we will have to deal with an already tired back 3 and the fear of Ogbonna coming on or guys like Darmian, Sturao, DDR playing out of sorts since conte brought no real defenders other than BBC.

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have a feeling all those injuries will have all of a sudden gone away when the games begin. On paper, I don't care for the roster either but Conte may surprise us. All they need is a win and a draw and that will almost certainly get them out of the group. Well normally....

9. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Man, next World Cup and Euro Cup will be so much more exciting and different.

romanista8910 repped this.
  10. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I always thought he was similar to Simone Perrotta

P di Antonio repped this.
  11. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Simone Loria maybe. haha

12. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Simone Loria was a fullback....

Calcio Pauly and P di Antonio repped this.
  13. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    exactly... if anything Conte is a motivator and like i said before.. he'll have 11 lions on the field going

all we need is some momentum early

14. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Esatto

15. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    maybe the national team needs more calabrese... Perrotta was one of three that were on the 2006 team ;)

forza_azzurri and Rosay repped this.
  16. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Oddo was the only Abruzzese

17. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    aka the team barber... he had the pleasure of cutting camoranesi's lucious locks after the win on the field if im not mistaken.

Rosay repped this.
  18. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Disappointing to not see some young names part of the roster - Donnarumma, Rugani.

However, maybe someone might pop up as an unlikely hero like the bug-eyed Schillaci from 1990

forza_azzurri repped this.
  19. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    And gattuso had no shorts on lol

20. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    On the bright side nobody will be double teaming any of our forwards :rolleyes:

21. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm surprised Conte didn't pick Astori because he was his pal during qualifying

22. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't see the need for Eder. Pelle is our numero 9, Immobile is the poacher, Zaza the bull, Insigne the dribbling direct attacker, El Shaarawy theoretically the flair...what's Eder's role and purpose?
    Would've preferred Conte bring in the electric Bonaventura or the industrial Bennasi.
    Also disappointed no Jorginho. Very surprised to see Sturaro make it but its real simple: Conte, like Lippi, wants that Juve mentality to transmit to the entire squad. So he'll take a Juventino in Sturaro over the far more technical Jorginho. I don't agree with it, but I understand it.

With that said, surprised to see no Rugani. Ogbonna has that Juve connection and familiarity with the Juve3 but Conte should have gambled on Daniele here.

Not much depth at the back or in the middle. Going to be an interesting tournament.

23. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I agree, and it makes me think that if Montolivo was healthy, De Rossi would of been cut. And then the team would of been even more laughable.

The worst part is that Eder will be a one and done player. We all know Ventura won't ever bother to take his sorry ass once becoming coach (shit player who's already 29). Guys like Belotti and Gabbs, besides already being better, would of made more sense in terms of present/future.

If tracking back and helping defensively was a main criteria, then Berardi should of at least made the provisional. He's also a superior talent who can play all along the front line. Some of Conte's choices don't seem rational no matter how many excuses we can come up with.

I agree with this. I assumed that if Conte was going 3 5 2 or even 3 4 3, he would take 5 CB. That has nothing to do with being conservative, but everything to do with Barzagli and Chiellini being hurt quite a bit this year. If one of them gets hurt we have a problem, if both...its a disaster.

24. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    I called it. @totti fan I knew Conte would have to take Ogbonna.

25. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Stop trying to slip that guys name into the mix and pretend your comment is serious.

La Magica, Pietro Calcio and Rosay repped this.