Name one team you can't stand

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Crazyhorse, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be it your rival or whoever, and explain why.

2. noorwell

noorwell Member

Sep 15, 2003
    brooklyn,ny
    Man you start this thread with out making a case for your bad girl or boy team and whay you don't like them? let start with your opinion man.... I can't give an opinion unless I have an idea of what you mean by the bad girl or boy team?

3. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, someone's just asking for trouble... Cool!

Too bad though, when it comes to college women, there isn't a team I just can't stand. They're so young and they're women after all... I just can't hold that kind of a grudge against them.

Having said that, things could change if Ali Khosroshahin (USC) continues on his path of becoming the Bill Laimbeer of women's soccer.

I always seem to root against North Carolina. It's the underdog thing, I guess, with them having a million championships, but it's not that personal.

Florida State might be starting to bug me because of their recruiting standards. How old was that Finnish national team player who became a freshman? Anyone notice that FSU doesn't list the birthdates of their roster?

I've liked Portland up to now but some (some, not all) of their fans are starting to get on my nerves.

Now that I think about it, some USC fans are starting to get on my nerves - what a surprise. For now, I'm still cutting them some slack - besides Amy Rodriguez, I really had to admire their goalie Kristin Olsen. And I think Janessa Currier is a great defender, a bit special, a bit of individuality - the sort of thing I expect out of UCLA. And a redhead no less.

Okay, maybe I can confess to a little anger towards the entire Big East and SEC - blame it on the NCAA tournament seeding committee! Again, it's nothing personal.

Now that I think about it, a lot of fans started getting on my nerves last season. Maybe I will hold it against their teams. There you go, that's the best reason for hating a team - their fans right here on the community we call Big Soccer! Kind of like the Yankees. And more recently the Red Sox. You just start getting sick of their fans.

Alright, there we go. Just because of their fans, it's getting to where I can't stand anybody else's team!:)

4. Parriedaway

Parriedaway New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Sanna Talonen. She was 23 as a freshman. Yes, it is ridiculous. She was older than pretty much every senior that played D1 last year. How is that even possible?

5. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

but.... we all like you....[​IMG]

6. joanofdark

joanofdark Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    We sure do.

I couldn't say I don't UCLA for their fans; there's only four of them so I'd feel really mean. ;)

7. joanofdark

joanofdark Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Couldn't say I don't LIKE UCLA for their fans, rather. SMRT.

8. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

There is an age limit for D1, I think it might be 26. American kids start their clock when they leave high school unless they have military or religious commitments. Foreign kids don't have that restriction. Some already have degrees when they get here. (nearly every Australian basketball player seems to have one)

Talonen isn't the first old Finn. UP had Susanna Heikari in the 90's who was about that old.. She got homesick and went home after a year

9. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pfumpf...!

Clever way of forestalling those anti-Jillian comments, n'est-ce pas?:)

10. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Oh, not at all..... I have these [​IMG] for her when she comes up here in August.

11. joanofdark

joanofdark Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Well, I did HEAR that she called people from small cities "bitter."

12. Tmoto

Tmoto New Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Reminds me of an Animal House quote, ".... Seven years of college down the drain..."

13. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Animal house - filmed at a PAC 10 school for realism.....

14. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never mind the [​IMG] , we need a goalie. Brother, can you spare us a goalie?

How will we even know it's the Bruins when you can't hear Val from all the way across campus?!

15. socrgal

socrgal New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm going to vote for Stanford for the team I can't stand... or should I say the fans that I can't stand. When you attend games the Stanford fans (mainly the parents) are the most arrogant around. The complain about every call against their team and are constantly putting down their opponent for playing ugly soccer or bad soccer or brutish.I like the team, I can't stand the fans.

16. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Umm.. didn't we get ours from you?

17. upprv

upprv Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I would have to agree, my issue is with the fans of teams. UNC mainly, but yeah Stanford is right up there. I can't honestly root for USC while Ali is berating college kids (and USD for that matter)

For the most parts, teams jut play hard, try hard and try and do their best and are bummed when they lose, but aren't catatonic or philosophic about it. That's where the annoying fans come in. Maybe I should stay off this board, because this is where I get annoyed the most! :)
    What are we at....4 weeks to go????

18. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, like yeah. Exactly.

So like, uh, don't you owe us? :)

19. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Well, that's why Jillian is getting the flowers...
    [​IMG]

Plus, you got a great assistant coach in the bargain.

20. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah! To be part of another moment in BigSoccer history, the [​IMG] thread.

Or is it the bloody #%@!!? [​IMG] thread?

21. Sickerfan

Sickerfan New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Don't hate any teams per se, but there are alot of team nicknames that deserve to be flamed. One deserving of ridicule is the Northland College (MN) "Lumber Jills" or "The Jills" for short.

Wonder what their mascot looks like?

22. MDMonarch

MDMonarch Member

Jan 31, 2008

That's very true. I watched their two games against the two LA schools and the parents weren't pleased with the refs. Now having said that I applaud Stanford and their athletic programs who are all well supported by fans.

23. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Lady Griz seems a bit of an oxymoron, but maybe that's just me.

There are a few mascots that are pretty hard to snuggle up to. The UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs is a pretty good example. Just typing this made me go "eww". Then there is Evergreen's geoduck. It doesn't look anything like a duck, and has nothing to do with geography. It's pronounced goooeyduck. It's a clam, and it looks a bit like a.... well, you look it up. Google Images has some pictures.

It should be an NCAA rule not to allow alcohol at those late-night mascot selection meetings.

24. socrgal

socrgal New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    I love the banana slugs!!! They are a good source of protein as well....