Namazi to Jersey

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by bomp, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Moneen

Moneen New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Great article. I am guessing the possibility is Monterrey and the outside chance could be a number of clubs including, St. Louis, KC, and I have heard people are talking in Dallas..

2. Redhawk1

Redhawk1 Member

May 12, 2006
    I think the best chances for next season are Monterrey and KC. The best/only chance for St. Louis to return next season depends on Dave Checketts and if he's willing to give it a shot at Scottrade Center. His group no doubt has the money. The New Jersey ownership group, which also owns the New Jersey Devils, might have some leverage to get Checketts involved.

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will bet you American hard currency right now that neither of those things happens.

4. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a Steve Ryan quote from 2002. And of course they didn't happen.

5. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.

I thought that KC was coming back in two years and next season will be two years.

You mean that the MISL would lie???? :eek:

6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, shoot. I need to learn to RTFA.

7. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Is that Read The F-ing Article?

You know, though, if you asked Ryan today I swear he'd say the exact same thing.

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes and yes.

9. Rich P

Rich P Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Cleveland, OH
    >>“It is critical for us to establish an identity as a stable league so that we can build those revenue streams that allow us to move forward,” says Jaye Cavallo, the league's vice president for marketing and communications. “We have the right foundation to build on in terms of investor-operators.<<
    Boy it sure looks like our boy Jaye learned at the knee of the master when it comes to using those great five dollar marketing-words. That quote could have come right out or Ryan's gob.

>>“What we need to do now is build a critical mass of these investor-owners that will carry us to the next level.” <<

As opposed to what we have now, which is mass confusion, mass critiscism, and mass apathy.

10. Moneen

Moneen New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    I disagree, Orlando, Newark and its NHL owners, and Versus are the best news in a long time for this league.

11. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite it all, and thanks to a committed ownership and sweetheart arena lease, the Stockton club appears that it will stick around at least another season. So does Chicago, which has struggled at the gate. Baltimore under Hale and Detroit under new owner John Hantz are solid. Milwaukee and Philadelphia, veterans of the indoor soccer wars, are surviving.

Which means: For the first time since the WISL merger, the MISL might not have a team fold or, in indoor soccer speak, “go on hiatus.”

Wow the Storm aren't folding? I thought they folded in 2004,wait was it 2005?,no it must of been 2006..oh wait a minute that is what some of the "experts" just predicted. Sorry..my bad.

13. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Moneen, no disrespect, but I'm going to guess you haven't been following the NPSL/MISL very long.

14. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    You act as if they have done something to avoid folding. They are the worst drawing team in the last 20 years in indoor soccer.

The only reason they haven't folded is because several owners have consciously agreed to fund their money losing habit. They can play another 20 years without attendance as long as someone foots the bill.

Don't pay yourself on the back too hard.

15. Moneen

Moneen New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    I'm just trying to stay positive. Regardless of the history of the league, at this moment, things look good.

16. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.
    That's why there is single entity in the MISL. The MLS has cash calls as well. Now the MLS is better run and I think has a better plan but it isn't my money (at least directly!).

The other owners also know that Chicago (the market) is important to the development of the league.

I'm NOT going to defend Ryan but the current owners have to shoulder the blame as well.