Naldo sucks

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by stats, Jul 9, 2005.

1. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really! Sampson is the reason Naldo can't pass the ball, can't shoot the ball, can't dribble the ball and doesn't work hard. I'll agree with you that Sampson is a poor coach, but he's the guy who brought Naldo in in the first place. I say we cut our losses and get someone in here who can contribute.

2. elknco1

elknco1 Member

Aug 20, 2004
    i don't think the current gameplan takes advantage of his speed. esp in the last game against old guys like agoos.. you'd think we'd be able to get naldo into a situation like against the quakes, and maybe we would have gotten another goal out of it, maybe not.
    yea naldo's not that technically gifted or has great awareness or is good when surrounded by defenders. but maybe if you can get him a few one on one opportunities against the keeper we might be able to get some results. something like what razov got against us. and i think naldo's faster than razov. (maybe?) i dunno maybe someone should try to hunt down footage from naldo's swiss league days.

3. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Anyone who has taken an elementary statistics class in college is warned on day one of instruction that statistics are dangerous because they can be manipulated by whomever is presenting them to support whatever conclusion or point they are endorsing.

Case in point, our friend who is offering statistics to back up Naldo's offensive output.

The statistics don't lie and the person who posted the above mentioned topic has a very valid point.

I on the other hand think Naldo is not cutting it. I can also use statistics to prove my point. As Chupacabra has mentioned for everygood touch Naldo has on the ball he makes many more pointless errors.

Case in point, Naldo has played in 16 games of which he has started 8. He has accumulated 807 minutes and scored one goal. Keep in mind now boys and girls that Naldo is a striker and a strikers job is to score goals

With the stats that I presented to you all, Naldo can be expected to score roughly 1 goal every 9 games. That my friend is piss poor for a striker.

Now does the fact that I have used statistics to call attention to a point I am trying to make mean that I am a baseball person?

I really hope not, because I have never, EVER, been able to understand how somebody could watch 3 plus hours of that crap without falling asleep. :rolleyes:

4. echoone

echoone New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Not that I want to defend Naldo, quite the opposite actually, but Naldo has not started as a striker, in all of the matches he has been in. He has lined up on the left side at least twice in the absence of Pando. Also I do believe he came in as a sub with like 3-5 minutes left in one home game. Just thought I would point that out, but I too feel Naldo has been a bust and must go.

5. bhlightnr

bhlightnr New Member

Jun 18, 2005
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, cut our losses & cut them both loose!

6. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point I'm willing to put Sampson out on the pitch and let Naldo coach the team....

7. feyenoord!!

feyenoord!! Member

Jun 1, 2004
    USA

one goal in 807 minutes according to the stats? And they probably have stats for attemps/shots on goal as well? But how was his position prior to receiving the ball, how was the delivery to him, how was his 1st touch every time he might have had a change, did he shoot from an akward angle, can he kick the ball with every part of his foot etc.etc.

In other words why at the current pace will this "striker" only score one goal every 9 games?

I think you and I and most others can agree that he just sucks

8. ashaman112

ashaman112 New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Even Tutino, the voice of the Galaxy, is starting to say that Naldo sucks. :D How long before SS2 and DH realize too?

Link

9. stats

stats New Member

Apr 11, 2005

ha

10. annoying04

annoying04 New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    california
    off topic, but...

11. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    wow Naldo sucks

12. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    haha... looks like i'm not the only one up watching the late night replay on FSW. yeah, that was a pretty bad miss. feel bad for the dude.

13. wonderman

wonderman New Member

May 13, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. burbod01

burbod01 New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    But Naldo is so fast! Someone must have told him that the point of soccer is just to get to the ball, not to do anything with it.

He'll probably have a hat trick against real madrid... or maybe he'll leave the game in tears... who knows... at least we don't have Thiago Martins.

15. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right. Naldo's stats actually flatter him.

16. stats

stats New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    i had a change of heart

naldo doesnt suck

yeah right!