Nakamura is world class.

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by BoysInGreen, Dec 26, 2005.

1. BoysInGreen

BoysInGreen New Member

Dec 13, 2004
    The Bronx, NYC
    Just a Celtic and big fan of Nakamura's giving the man his due. He oozes class on a weekly basis (scored the winner today). Looking forward to seeing him in Europe next season. Hail Hail to any Celtic fans out there in Japan and world-wide.

2. benito camelpene

May 31, 2003
    miami
    world class free kick taker....i wish i could see more Celtic games but Nakamura is class....

3. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    He definitely has that world class foot. I can't count many other world stars with better left foot than he does, he's up there with Recoba, Giggs, and the like. His playmaking skills and his ability to influence the game is class as well.

That said, as a player, I think he still needs an added dimension or two in his game to be truly called world class. It's not just Nakamura either... I'm not convinced in ANY asian stars ATM truly deserving of that title "World Class", at least not in a complete package. Nakamura has world class kicking ability, Karimi has world class dribbling skills, Park has world class work rate, etc, but I have yet to see a collective world class asian player as of yet showing complete package and consistency. I'm thinking Henry or Nedved levels, here.

But Nakamura is definitely deserving of praise and he has done very well to fit in a Celtic in such a short time :)

4. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    yeah he is a killer free kicker!!! that helps the j squad

5. BoysInGreen

BoysInGreen New Member

Dec 13, 2004
    The Bronx, NYC
    There's so many aspects of his game that are at the highest level: first touch, dribbling, through-balls, crosses, free kicks and corners. He's an all-around great striker of the ball.

6. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    My Favorite Japanese footballer. This guy is just awesome.

And plus, i'm not very fond of Nakata's metrosexualness. ;)

7. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    hahaha hi 5 toohyper...i like nakata but i'm not too fond of his metrosexualness,it freaks me out!! :eek: but :D but nakamuras not my #1, he is good, but he is still not my #1

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    who was the Japanese player at the WC06 draw? That guy freaks me out!

9. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    his a respected japanese former footballer his a legend, he scored a hattrick in three minutes masashi nakayama

10. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    "Gon" Nakayama, who is a legend in Japanese football, probably now up there with Okudera and Miura and the like.

He also recorded the first WC goal ever for Japan against Jamaica in 1998.

I know he has an amazing record in J-league... he's had a HAT TRICK STREAK where he scored 3 goals in multiple games in a row!! Forgot the exact amount of games in a row he scored hat trick in, though.

11. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    i think nakayama is cool!

12. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    No, that was Yasuo Manaka, July 14, 2001 in the Cerezo - vs - Reysol match. Came on as a substitute and scored a hat trick in 3 min 27 sec, which still ranks as a world record for any professional league match.

Nakayama also holds a world record, but it is not for a hat trick in 3 minutes, it is for three hat tricks in three consecutive league matches. He accomplished the feat in 1999, but I cant recall the dates or opponents. I do recall though that two of the three matches he scored MORE than three goals. I believe it was 13 goals in 3 matches, which also was a record at the time he set it. Dont know if this is still the case, however.

As for Nakamura, I agree with K19 that he does have a few areas of weakness but that doesnt mean he isnt a world-class player. He does so many things well that his weaknesses are more than offset. Now if he can just learn to tackle like Roy Keane . . . . (^c,^)

13. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    i dunno, i musta read wrong then,:D (oops embarraseed) thanks for correction...well it was something like that... but i coulda swore that i saw the guiness world records book of records put he scored in 3 minutes...well i dunno...but he is cool and a good player!:D

14. Komorowski redded

Dec 26, 2005
    nakamura is world class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    It is possible that he did something like that prior to 2001 (like perhaps scoring three goals in 3 minutes and more than 27 seconds). I remember he had a few fantastic years in 1998 and 99. But I also remember Manaka's record very clearly (I was there), and I know that it is still a record. Since they cant BOTH hold the record, and Manaka's feat is the current record . . . . well, you get the gist . . .

16. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It says on your site that Nakayama scored a hat trick in 4 minutes in an Asian Cup qualifier, and that was a record for FIFA A matches.
    Maybe that is what lilcookie was referring to.

http://www.wldcup.com/Asia/nats/2000/brunei.html

17. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001

Its possible . . .

But note that this is also prior to 2001, when Manaka scored his 3 minute hat trick. It might be that Guiness called this the record in 2000 (which it probably was), but whatever edition of Guiness Book of Records that cookie read had not updated with the new info.

18. kimchi_dave

kimchi_dave New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    T.O, Ontario, Canada
    Nakamura rocks :D

19. SMSM

SMSM New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    www.55a.net
    well when he play in calcio i saee he world class ..but i dont know why big clun not contract with him !!

for me he and ali kareme ..best asian player now and from 2years ..

i hpoe after celtic he go to big club in EPL ..i dont know how man and tottenham contract with park and le but not contract with nakamura ..

@ in world cup 2006 with nakamura and many japan talent i know japan play great match ..

go japan gp ..

20. Juve_passion redded

Mar 9, 2005
    Worldclass?
    Thank you for the joke.
    It was very entertaining.

21. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    hey i'm not THAT cookie..i'm THE cookie!!!! :p