Nabisco Cup Final (r)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by watanabe2k, Nov 4, 2002.

1. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kashima Antlers win 1-0 against Urawa Reds on Ogasawara's goal.

no wonder I am sick and throwing up, yet another cup for Kashima...............

2. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Can there be one year when neither Kashima or Iwata wins anything? I would've loved it if Urawa had won. Evil, evil Antlers.

3. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    If Urawa had played a respectable match, they might have even won. Regardless of whether you dislike the Antlers, it was the Reds who were doing the "evil evil" things. Emerson picked up a yellow card less than one minute into the match, and all of the Reds forwards were playing as if they thought they were members of the Japanese Olympic diving team.

Its too bad, because I would have liked to see the Reds win too. But you have to admit that the Antlers played a much better, more entertaining, and most of all "cleaner" game. Definitely one of the classiest teams in the league.

4. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I actually agree with everything you say here.

Antlers obviously played better and they deserved to win. It's not that I'm hoping for the demise of Antlers and Jubilo. My frustration is more aimed at the lest of the league, which I believe are capable of competing with the Big 2. And I wish Urawa had played to their potential rather than given Kashima so much, for the lack of a better word, respect.