'N Sync Singer Begins NASA Training

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by spejic, Aug 26, 2002.

1. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    [​IMG]
    Space Cadet Bass begins his training for a possible visit to the International Waste of Money. If they send him out an airlock, it would finally provide a good reason for manned space missions.

2. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Which brings the question(s)...

Should a money starved nation be turning science and national security programs into the ultimate tourist resort for the rich?

Should a nation that in reality might not be giving enough money to their space program be sending their top people on rockets built by the lowest bidder?

Can either of these two nations hold each other to higher standards when they both get what they deserve?

Do we really need this program?
    I mean, if it is science, then our national policy does not support the sciences politically or socially enough to justify the money spent.

If it is secret military stuff being hidden under the science tag, then why doesn't the DoD simply come out and say it, put it in their budget and stop acting like space is some "war free" zone.

Can these international partnerships work in the future?

3. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Another product of McCulture! Yeah you little birdbrain, just blow the money into the air, show the teenies that is better to spend your money on ************************ than supporting poor countries. But for americans supporting the poor is only for commies, fags, eurosnobs and 70ies revivals.

4. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    Really, who wouldn't want to go into space if they had $10M of expendable money?

I just don't see what is at all bad about this. I think it's great.

Besides, without people like Lance, most kids wouldn't even think about the space program. They look up to him as an idol. If less kids think about the space program, that's less kids looking towards the space program as a career opportunity. Less kids in the space industry means less kids in space in a few years. Less kids in space in a few years means less space research. Less space research means less likelihood of Moonal colonization. Less chances for Moonal colonization means less opportunity to produce the need for everyday vehicles on the moon for the people there. Less everyday vehicles on the moon for the people there means less of a chance of making cars that are more advanced than our own for here on earth. And since the cars we have today do most everything but fly, that leaves flying as the only thing left for our cars to do.

So as you can probably see where this is going, Lance Bass in space equals flying cars. And anything that gets me my flying car here faster is alright in my book

5. Blathist

Blathist New Member

Aug 21, 2001
    Foxboro
    Who says he's one of the nation's "top people"? In my opinion, he's one of the lowest.

6. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Missile defense test anyone?

7. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    He is not being sent by the USA. I was talking about the real guys. I was refering to the real NASA program as compared to the space tourists but was giving the other side when talking about how we fund our program.

I don't know about you, but we (as a govt) have a record of paying $500 for a toilet seat. Then we have these lowest bidder contracts. Funny stuff when you consider how we (USA / NASA) don't like how the Russians are getting funding for their program.

If I were on that rocket, I wouldn't want it built by some company that is rewarded to possibly cut corners. That means, the best products need to be used, as determined by unbiased sicence and track records and trials, not some bean counter.

What next?
    John Glenn is making a hip hop video?

8. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    ... and from out of nowhere, a Bloom County reference!

Only if he can find a way to rhyme something with "Caspar Weinberger."

9. csc7

csc7 New Member

Jul 3, 2002
    DC
    I have an idea, lets send ALL the Boy Bands into space. I'd be willing to pony up a little money to get all of them off the planet. Who's with me?

10. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lol, I feel honoured, could I make some photos with me and some of your beach-bunnies?

11. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Latest news: Bass has been booted from the program for non-payment of his bills. What a loser!