My trip to England - with photos.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Bighorn, Jan 5, 2006.

1. canadagooner

canadagooner Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Great story Great Photos
    FYI the balloon charcter with the pointed hat is Noddy from British childrens books

2. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Were you the one I was talking to about the Silverbacks on the walk to Highbury for the ManU game?

I didn't get to hang out with the other U.S. folks as much as you, so I don't remember a whole lot of people other than the ones I spent a little time with.

3. Bighorn

Bighorn New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    41.8 Lat -87.68 Lon
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nah, it wasn't me. Surely I saw you but we walked over by ourselves as I was too anxious and couldn't wait for anyone else to get themselves sorted. I only had one pint at the pub. :eek:

4. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good stuff. I wish I could have stuck around for dinner, but Melissa wasn't feeling so well. I think it was ok I wasn't there too late since I was driving. :)

Good to meet you Bighorn and the rest. I will sort out putting pictures on the web. I've never done it, but will figure it out this weekend.

5. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I had just ordered up a second pint and all you guys were out the door. I totally understand the excitment of walking into Highbury for such a huge match. I went really early the last time I saw them play ManU at Highbury 2 years ago.

It's hard to describe the feeling of being there, it's awesome. I did find that I really enjoyed the away games as well. The fans are just amazing.

6. Frankgarrison

Frankgarrison Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Jackson, MS, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That mighta been me.

7. Bighorn

Bighorn New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    41.8 Lat -87.68 Lon
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Are you home now, Frank?

8. Frankgarrison

Frankgarrison Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Jackson, MS, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes, got in about 10 last night and had to come into the office today. Fantastic trip, really hated to leave, but glad to sleep in own bed and DRIVE to work this morning.

9. Frankgarrison

Frankgarrison Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Jackson, MS, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It was nice to meet Rick, the other Rick, Simon, Ed, Matt, Karen, Neil, Matt, George, Mike, Sean, Luke, Jane, Colin and everyone else whose names I can't remember just now.

Just a great crowd and a great time.

10. Irelandboy

Irelandboy New Member

Jan 4, 2003
    North
    An excellent tale and photos to boot.