My tickets came today!!!

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by darkhelmet66, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Stinkey Turner

Dec 15, 2000

Deutche Post owns DHL. They bought them in about 2000 with much protest from FedEx and UPS. Somewhat rightfully so, since DHL was effectively purchased with "subsidies" since the German Government had only recently privatized Deuche Post. It would be like the UPSP buying FedEx to make it a global player. (BUWAHAHAHAHA, oh sorry).
    -DHL furthre pissed off FedEx and UPS when they tried to buy Airborne. Since no foreign entity can own more that 49% of a US airline (Airborne) they tried to scuttle the deal in court but DHL went around it buy spinning off the Air Operations as "ABX" and selling it to a US investment group. They then contracted with ABX for the airfreight capacity.

-DHL was formed by three guys(Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom and Robert Lynn.=DHL) that were shipping Ocean Bills Of Lading between SFO and Hawaii so customs clearance would be quicker.

How's that for you dose of uselss information for the day?

2. Sportman77

Sportman77 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Thank you Hoovers!

3. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've decided to brush up on my German by watching "Blazing Saddles" and "Young Frankenstein" over and over.

You know, in case I run across any Teutonic Titwillows. :D

4. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Got my tickets, pretty damn cool.

I have cat 3s, in the following locations:

USA v. Czech- Block W: corner, sort of behind goal
    USA v. Italy- Section 19.4 (nose bleeds)
    USA v. Ghana- Section 26 (relatively nose bleeds)

Anyone else?

And, does the voucher work that you'll show the same voucher at each stadium for each game should your team (knock wood) advance to pick up your ticket? It seems like that, but I was wondering if you are expecting 2 extra tickets (through quarterfinals), then you get 2 vouchers, etc...

5. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    were these tickets from USSF or Fifa ? I cant wait til my tickets get here from USSF !!!

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    I believe this represents where you'll be for the Czech match:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If they put all the Category 3 ticketholders together I could think of worse places to sit/stand.

The Magpie

7. West Coast

West Coast Member

Feb 4, 2006
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which Phase did you get your tickets?

8. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    is that a fenced off area of the stands in the Gelsenkirchen WC Arena? is that a big enough area for all of the Cat 3 USA supporters.

i suppose more info from Jamison would be useful - when and via which organization were the tickets bought?

9. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Sheesh guys, a little respect for my time....I had a really ************ soccer game to go to....:D

I got my tickets from FIFA in the first round, paid in May of '05. TST-5, USA.

I don't really care where we are, as long as we're all together. I don't give a crap about the seat, I won't be in it. Terrace is fine with moi.

10. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    For all we know there could be multiple sections for all Cat. 3 ticket holders for Gelsenkirchen. The "fenced off area" that is shown in the image is the approximate location of Jamison's tickets, and from what I understand, the terraced areas (including the aways supporter's pen seen in the picture above) are going to be replaced with seats.

I will say this, if the U.S. Cat. 3 ticketholders are in this section, or have this section to themselves, they'll be in a great location for TV purposes.

The Magpie

11. OldManAndThePitch

Jan 23, 2006
    Boulder
    Got my Ghana tickets today from FIFA. (Obtained in their last lottery)
    Block 17C, Row 3
    Worked like it was supposed to. (DHL tracking notice in advance.)
    Only thing I haven't figured out is the purpose of the yellow & red card with the plastic sleeve. I assume since I am row 3, I am supposed to help the ref call fragrant fouls. I will be delighted to help.

Also applied for conditional tickets for Italy & Czech on the FIFA website. Interesting that they charge your card immediately & then refund it when the World Cup is over if you don't get tickets.

12. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A. Okay, maybe they're sending out all the lottery ones, then the direct sale ones. Not panicky here, since they did say everyone would be set by beginning of May.

B. How far in advance did you get the tracking notice?

13. gngrasso

gngrasso Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Might be related to this:

From the K-Town Website:

For World Cup visitors, a national unified guidance system has been developed.

The parking spaces and the corresponding stops are structured according to the 4 color system of the FIFA. The color code of the tickets corresponds to the stand allocation in the stadium as well as the allocation to a large parking lot. The local signs take over this 4 color concept and leads the visitor to the corresponding parking lot. In the direct vicinity of the stadium there is no public parking lot.

Separate paths for fans
    If during the soccer World Cup 2006 we talk about "green fans", we don't mean the supporters of the Irish national team. In the language of the World Cup planners, "green" means "neutral". Quite the opposite of the "blue" and the "yellow fans". They are allocated to their respective teams - and according to the regulations of the FIFA their trafficking is different. The admission ticket shows the way. Already on the autobahn, corresponding signs are supposed to guide the fans of the opposing teams either to the large parking lot Schweinsdell with 2,700 spaces or to IG Nord with 4,000 places. For the "neutral" fans, there are parking possibilities available at the Einsiedlerhof and at the University. In addition, 2,900 places for the organization committee, guests of honor, the handicapped and further visitor groups are kept ready. A sector separation is carried out on the Messeplatz where space for 120 busses will be made available.

As Jürgen Dressing, the departmental head of traffic at the Kaiserslautern World Cup office, emphasizes, not only the shuttle busses from the respective parking lot to the stadium or the city use clearly defined routes - which are separated from each other. Also fans who walk into the city can find their orientation in the colored signs.

14. OldManAndThePitch

Jan 23, 2006
    Boulder
    They sent my tracking notice at 10:00am German time on Sat. Tics were delivered this morning.

15. dsheon

dsheon New Member

Jun 12, 2000
    I won lottery tickets the first round, a year ago March (USA TST-7 tier 2)....and I've not received a shipping notice, nor tickets. DHL has no news either....

Any other first round lottery winners w/out tix yet?:confused:

16. primusux

primusux Member

Mar 17, 2005
    USA

Let us know when you receive your tickets if a ticket for the Final is enclosed. I understand that 2nd round tickets are supposed to be picked up with the voucher, however that is due to not knowing where your team will play at. The final match location, date and time are already know.
    Just curious if they'll include it...which I doubt.

17. Swazicar

Swazicar Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Portland, Ore.
    Waiting on mine, too. I see no reason to panic, however. Nothing that I've heard so far contradicts the delivery timetable sketched out previously by FIFA.

18. OldManAndThePitch

Jan 23, 2006
    Boulder
    Still baffles me. My tickets are green & I have a plastic card (the size of the ref's) that is red on one side & yellow on the other & a clear plastic holder with a strap to wear around my neck?

Guess I will reinforce the sterotype of a stupid American.

19. flem16

flem16 Rainmaker

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No worries yet - I got four TST 3 in the first round and paid last April. Haven't seen any email notices or tickets yet but they do have about 3 million to distribute so I'm not expecting it to happen overnight.

20. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do the tickets come with any cool stickers?

21. OldManAndThePitch

Jan 23, 2006
    Boulder
    Nope. Just a small tab that tears off of one end. It appears you keep most of the ticket.

22. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Did anyone else with a TST-5 (or higher) also get just one voucher? So, 3 tickets and 1 voucher, etc for all of your games?

Just wondering.

23. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    None of the games that I've been to over here since January that were held at high-profile stadiums have been tear-off tickets. Nou Camp, Bernabeu, Westfalenstadion, etc are all electronic ticket entry, even if there is a tear off tab.

I'm 100% positive it will be the same this summer to protect against fraudulent tickets. So we get to keep ALL of the ticket. YAY :D

24. Deegs

Deegs Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Signal Hill
    I received my tix for 2nd round match 49 in Munich. I ordered in Phase 3 and am out here in SoCal. This finally seems real!

25. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    I just received an email from FIFA telling me that my tickets have shipped and providing me with a tracking number. Bon Appetito!