My Personal Saga on the Politics Board...

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Karl K, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Looks like I will be back in today.

Meanwhile, an exchange with the moderator.

My response.

2. Owen Gohl

Owen Gohl Member

Jun 21, 2000
    "At this point, I must confess, I am still unclear as to why this happened."

Me too. I was curious so I looked at the offending thread the other day but all of the "inflamatory" posts had been removed. Apparently many of the leftists wanted the thread to be devoted to expressions of concern and sympathy, with an occasional political comment from their point of view. Only fair, as they pretty much seem to regard it as their board.

Frankly, they can have it. The last time I posted anything opinionated Dave almost immediately started calling me a liar. Clear, civil, reasoned debate with most of those people is impossible. There's much I could teach them but they only care to listen to each other.

3. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    No response yet from the moderator as to the precise reason I was banned.

If one is forthcoming, I will share it. Somehow, I think it won't be.

Oh, by the way, here's another message I sent to the moderator on a subject mentioned earlier -- the explicit connection of me to an insane murderer made by one lefty moonbat poster.

I am sure you will do the right thing on this one.

Thanks.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Revolt
    Its amazing what Kooky Karl Chester Minor scrapes off his wet ass as a counter-argument. Dave made a series of serious points, and all you can say is read the statute, and make a ridiculous analogy to Gitmo. Stunningly weak.

4. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    That means that you're on the right path, grasshopper.

But being called a liar by superdave is too easy. For your next challenge, try getting verybdog to call you stupid. Being called stupid by the village idiot will get you to the next level of enlightenment.

When you really become strong in the force, Mel will look up an obscure word for calling you stupid or take a paragraph to say that you're on his ignore list. That's like being at Yoda's level.

5. CrewSchmack

CrewSchmack Member

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Mar 3, 1999
    Delaware, OH
    That forum is a microcosm as to why the election went the way it did. Too many sensible people get turned off by moronicity.

I've said before, that I find it frustrating to have an inept left. I'd really like to have one that knows what it's doing and actually has a coherant message. I may not like everything coming out of the right (although about 70% is pretty good), but at least it's a coherant message.

And to those who disagree on the clarity of the right's message, you need to stop looking through the funky glasses, drinking the kool-aid, whatever, and really study it...because the left doesn't have what the right has right now, and that's why there is essentially is no debate.

Calling one a poopy head only goes so far.

6. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about petitioning BIGSOCCER to appoint a moderate or conservative Mod for the Politics Board? This seems a legitimate request. The rancor within Politics is largely due to the uneven liberal prevalence; let's achieve balance with a new Conservative Mod....

7. CrewSchmack

CrewSchmack Member

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Mar 3, 1999
    Delaware, OH
    Who on earth would want to put up with that crap?

8. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Not me.

I prefer to tweak their noises and poke them in the belly with my index finger.

9. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find Dante a little hesitant to pull the trigger sometimes, but reasonably even-handed when he does.

10. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What, Dante's not good enough for you?

11. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    The Politics board sucks because it's a circle-jerk where dissenting opinion is not tolerated. Everything bad in the world is the fault of George Bush and/or those who support him, and there's no point debating with conservative posters--they're just wrong, can't you see that?? Are you stupid or something?? No opportunity to take a bigoted shot at southerners and/or Christians is spared, and people who offer dissenting viewpoints are mocked rather than debated. As if that wasn't enough, it's pretty much the same 4-5 debates over and over again, so naturally for most people it tends to get boring after awhile.

12. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Very interesting exchange on a thread on the Douglas Feith comments on Iraq.

Meanwhile, take a look at my sig, particularly Dante's comments.

Sums it all up, don't it?

13. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering that you're responding to someone who is both a Southerner (well, at least to people in your benighted part of the country) and Christian, I find your complaint to be a bit, uh, amusing.

And frankly, for all your complaining about how the Politics forum is nothing more than a liberal echo chamber, it is worth noting that the conservative cause is not helped when its most vocal representatives are yourself and InTheNet, whose greatest sin is not conservatism, but neglecting the oft-neglected axiom "Please think before you post," Karl K, who does think before he posts but is so insufferably smarmy and formulaic that he's hardly worth reading, and Ian McCracken, whose MO appears to be regurgitating whatever talking points he's read on some blog, talking points which may or may not be in the same zip code as actual conservatism.

In fact, I'd say that the biggest problem with the Politics forum is not that there aren't any conservatives, it's that there are too many Republicans.

14. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Another biased viewpoint.

15. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ElJefe: Engage brain before keyboard eh? That's your thesis du jour? Do you judiciously portion out this advise to folks on your particular side of the political aisle, or just the conservative brethren? No, methinks you have joined the moonbat chorus that would deny a dissenting voice merely because you, and others of your political strife, are unable to logically discuss political issues and need some handicap to level the playing field in your favor.

16. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    What I find amusing are liberals that claim to be Christians. What Christian church do you belong to that advocates homosexuality, abortion, the ACLU and removing God and Jesus from every public place?

17. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Probably not the same one that advocates the death penalty, war, idolatrous displays of the 10 commandments, overly proud public worship, and low taxes ("pay to Caesar what is owed . . .").

Homosexuality is mentioned only a few times in the Bible. When the people who believe that homosexuality is wrong also give up shellfish and stop wearing makeup, I'll be prepared to take them seriously.

18. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    I could take time to rebut each one of your weak points however; I’m not trying to convert you or win you over or even justify my beliefs. Right now I’m asking a fellow Christian how he cannot have a conflict with his spiritual beliefs and political beliefs.

19. kaiserwilhelm

kaiserwilhelm New Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Oklahoma
    Ever learning, but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

20. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    You're forgetting that my wife is a Biblical scholar. I've heard all of the rebuttals. Problem is, the Bible is just too complicated.

The OT is essentially a history of the Jews. Imagine a history of the Christians. Think of how many conflicting views there have been over time: Christians who believed that the crusades were the path to virtue, or who believed that Jews were subhuman, or who believed in a monastic, pacifistic life. The Jews were like that, too. Thus, you can't rebut my points: you can find justification for all sorts of things in the Bible.

Interesting (and unrelated) point my wife has made: it is incorrect to talk of Jesus "changing" the law. Jesus was a Jew. Every act and belief of his has precident in the OT. The problem is that acts and beliefs that seem (or are) contradictory in nature are also present in the OT. Why is that? It's because it's folly to believe that there has ever been a unified set of beliefs among sects.

21. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering how much of pinko he (Jesus) actually sounded like (according to the Bible, anyway), the views of Christian Dems like Dustin (or Segroves) are somewhat consistant, IMHO. Sure, the Nazarene was also about following the scriptures (which allowed the early Church to easily slide back into the social conservatism endorsed by pretty much all state approved religions throughout history), but his "love thy neighbor/turn the other cheek" crap was pure hippie drivel, and as an athiest AND a conservative, is quite easy to ignore, condemn, and chide.

22. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Yes we have had this conversation (or similar) before Bojendyk. ;)

23. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    When He said, “Love thy neighbor” he did not mean between the cheeks.

24. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The world would be a much better place if people concentrated on their own improvement and not everyone else's.

25. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Well there is one now. Coach (Brad) is a staunch Texan Republican. He is also a very fair Moderator. I mod the Arsenal board with him.
    ITN - the thing that gets me about you, is that whilst Karl does try to post decent posts (although lets face it anything Conservative often gets rebutted), there are many posts and threaeds of yours that are inflametry. You posted something recently about Jenna Bush in Africa, I immediatly took down droopypants over his bullsh1t criticism. Yet when I disagree with you, you neg rep me? Bit pointless really.