My Grizzlies Suck

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by FlashMan, Dec 1, 2004.

1. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a San Diegan, I don't have a team. I hate the Lakers and while I was a Clippers fan 25 years ago, I long since have given up the allegiance (it died out with the Ken Norman days). So I pick and choose. This year it was going to be the Grizzlies. But it looks like they suck. I can't win for losin'. I may have to trade the Grizzlies for someone else, like the Suns or the T-Wolves. Maybe even the Nuggets.

But just so the world knows: if the Grizzlies bury me early, I'm definitely skipping town and putting Memphis in my rearview mirror.

2. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    The Griz have had a rough go of it so far that is for sure. Even after last year they struck me as a team that was good, but would never be great. They need a big player to come there. Rumours are also swirling that Jerry West might be on his way out. It may be good to get out now while you can. I love the fact that you hate the Lakers, I am in your boat with that one. The Suns would be a nice team to get on board with. They are tough, young and for real! If I were you I would take them. I am a Bulls fan. We are the worst, but I am a Chicagoan and I am gonna stick with them.

3. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess you had the good times in the 90s. Being a Bulls fan, you have to hope for the future and remember the past.

I think you're right re the Suns. I loved Nash with the Mavericks and I like him even better now that he's with the Suns. I just hate rooting for a Phoenix team, any Phoenix team, 'cause it's a crap city and ultimately any sports team there goes back to Colangelo, and I've never trusted the guy, not as far as I could spit at him. But I may have to swallow my pride and just set sail into the Sun(s)...as it were... ;)

4. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    FlashMan, root for the team that beat the Grizz tonight, the Knicks. :D

5. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    FlashMan, how about the Bulls win over the hated Lakers last night? It was not McDonald's and still, I was "lovin' it!"

6. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, how about Kobe putting on a Jordan-like performance and leading his team to victory?

In reality for me there are only two teams in the NBA: the Lakers, and the team playing the Lakers. Everything else is just biding time until San Diego gets its storied franchise.

:)

7. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I back this statement. I am in the same boat. Although I would say I cheer for two teams. The Bulls and anyone playing the Lakers. That is why last night was extra sweet when the Bulls beat the Lakers.

8. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only if they bring in Earl the Pearl as player/coach.

Otherwise, Manhattan is next to LA in NBA godlessness. :)

9. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Saw the Grizzles play the Suns last week at AWA. Grizzles didn't look bad at all, especially up against the best team in the league. It feels quite strange to refer to an Arizona sports team as such. Very strange indeed..

10. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Yup, Phoenix is a total dump. Downtown is a complete joke, lost all of its commerce to North Scottsdale and completely lacks anything resembling a night life. All the good clubs are situated around the South Scottsdale/ASU area, most of the best in Old Town Sdale.

11. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Knicks aren't all that great either.

12. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    And if it means anything, my Bobcats are... well, they're playing beyond expectations, so never mind.

13. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    We're getting there. Big win tonight against Minny. I'll take that over a last second loss to the Celtics so that we could see Walker do his little dance. Man, those Layden days are unfortunately, unforgetable.