My first Section C experience (R)

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Mateofelipe, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going back to Suwon tomorrow for the Blue Wings game and sitting in Section C. FYI for foreigners in Seoul, you can buy tickets in advance for Suwon (don't know about other venues) at the Housing and Commerce Bank in Cheonho. Should be fun. Got my blue shirt ready. Hopefully Suwon can stop kissing their sister (an American metaphor for draws) and get a full three points.

Another weiguk question, what is the significance of this Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 business? I need an "instant Hangul" microchip planted in my brain so I don't have to keep asking these questions.

2. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I think each team plays 9 games in round 1, 9 in round 2 and 9 and round 3 to uncover the Korean champion

3. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eating Dragon S****

Loved Section C. I couldn't sing all the songs, but I could at least hum. My friend complained that he couldn't sit down. I don't think he gets the supporters section thing.

As for the game, it was a tale of two halves. Chonnam is obviously a talented team, but Suwon did what they needed to do in the first half. They played solid defense, for a change, in the first half. They beat Chonnam's very good defenders by pressure the ball and forcing a give away in front of the Chonnam goal.

Then there was the second half. Apparently giddy with the excitement of seeing his team play good defense for 45 minutes, the coach decided to have them pull back and play a counterrattack strategy. The Blue Wings, however, have proven over and over this season that they can't be trusted with such a strategy. They fell asleep defending a corner kick as Batman pushed up from the back and knocked a pass to the black dude also up from defense, who buried the ball in the net. Then, on another corner, goalkeeper Shin (don't know where Lee was) collided with his defender at the near post as the ball bounced off of him into the goal. The nearest Chonnam player fell down on the play, then got up and ran around like he had just done something wonderful. I hope the official scorer didn't buy it.

I'm not sure why Lee wasn't playing, but he is clearly not the problem. Ko didn't play and #20 got pulled early again, so Chonnam dominated midfield. The defenders just aren't up to the job.

Suwon's in a big hole now, and must win in bunches soon, or it will be a long, sad season. This is one they could have and should have won, and instead of being only three points out of first, they are bottom of the table, nine points behind. Ouch!

4. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    FORZA SUWON! WING'S GOAL LALALLALALALA~! URI MODU HANA DWAE UH sOONG RI RUL HYANG HAE NA GA JA! (let's all go for the victory)!

suwon will become K-League champions. It doesnt look bright but they will win.

5. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    I don't think so...

6. AminKor02

AminKor02 New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Nice to see someone stick with their team even when they stink ;) . Anyway, Pohang's the one who's really gonna win it all, and you can take that to the bank.

7. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    anyang 3 - 1 Pohang

:)

8. AminKor02

AminKor02 New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Yeah! Let's get some K-league rivalry going on these boards!

Yeah, nice to see the big guys battle it out. 2nd and 4th place, seperated by a point. Too bad I was working during that one.

You know it would have hurt a lot more if you'd said the 10th place team had beaten them. Which reminds me, when does Suwon play them? :D

9. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    HAH!

Too bad Pohang drew pathetic, last place, suwon on their HOME FIELD! I guess i can alleviate your pain by saying that once Suwon beats Daejeon this sunday Suwon will be second to last. :)

Lets see if konan the barbarian can score when he steps on Suwon's turf. Oh wait- you cant be relying on Lee Dong-guk to score, are you? C'mon! He's way toooo sloooooowwww. Even Suwon's defense could probably hold Dong-guky down!

Bottom Line: Pohang sucks as much as suwon, the last placed team on the table, who so far, got their only victory from sorry @ss Ulsan :p

10. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Ulsan 3 - 0 Pohang :)

11. AminKor02

AminKor02 New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Did I say "Pohang?" Silly me. I'm always getting these Korean teams mixed up. I meant "Anyang." Yeah, yeah...Anyang, that's what I meant to say. :D

Hey, what was the site I could see some games on again? I know you've posted it before. I'd hoped there would have been something on last night, but not where I am. Nothin' but baseball (although when I looked, Hanhwa was kicking SK good, and I like them).

And I'm really sticking with Pohang.

12. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    http://www.itv.co.kr <--this is a free site.

Suwon v Daejeon is on now. No way in hell I'm watching Jeonbuk play Bucheon on SBS.

Anyway, lucky me. I'll watch Suwon beat Daejeon and become second to last.

P.S how on earth can you get confused between Anyang and Pohang. Stick with a team, will ya? By the way, Anyang plays nasty football.