My Dream Soccer Pyramid in Canada...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Paulo_PT, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Paulo_PT

Paulo_PT Member

SL Benfica
    Portugal
    Sep 17, 2017
    #1 Paulo_PT, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    In my opinion, the Canadian Premier League (D1) should start with 12 professional clubs in this 12 locations:
    - Vancouver Metro
    (B.C. United F.C. hehe)
    (In this case I think in the future one stadium with 8.000 seats could serve all clubs competing in D1 (1) and D2 (4), if located at the center of Vancouver Metro - New Westminster, Queen's Park ??! I only looked to Vancouver metro map. :|).
    - Calgary
    - Edmonton
    - Winnipeg
    - Hamilton
    - Mississauga
    - Richmond Hill (at the center of York Region)
    - Ottawa Fury
    - Laval
    - Longueuil
    - Québec City
    - Halifax

A CPL with only 22 regular season games. I think is enough, specially because weather in Canada and they will have other competitions, like Canada Cup.

Professional doesn't mean high salaries and stuff. Keep it real, with low budget teams.
    CPL naming rights should be "sold" to Air Canada.

Then I think a SECOND DIVISION should be created at the same time, with a semi-professional/amateur status.
    All clubs will be affilliated to D1 except for 2 clubs: Regina and Saskatoon.
    This 2 clubs will participate in the Canada Cup along with the 12 clubs from CPL and the 3 clubs from MLS.

This D2 shoud be organized in 6 Conferences. With 2 regular seasons (open and closing seasons), with a National Playoff in the end.

D2 LEAGUE
    6 Conferences
    8 Clubs per conference
    48 Clubs
    Open and Closing Season: 14+14=28 games
    National Playoffs: 16 clubs

- Pacific Conference: Kamloops, Kelowna, Abbotsford, Victoria, Richmond, Surrey, Burnaby and Coquitlam.
    All the 8 clubs will be affilliated to BC Club in CPL

- The Prairies Conference: Red Deer, Grande Prairie, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Saskatoon, Regina, Thunder Bay and Brandon.
    Saskatoon and Regina will be independente clubs.
    Red Deer and Grande Prairie affilliated to Edmonton; Lethbridge and Medicine Hat affilliated to Calgary, Thunder Bay and Brandon affilliated to Winnipeg.

- Western Ontario Conference: Windsor, London, Brantford, Burlington, Kitchener, Cambridge, St, Catharines and Guelph.
    All 8 clubs affilliated to Hamilton club.

- Eastern Ontario Conference: Brampton, Markham, Vaughan, Oshawa, Barrie, Oakville, Kingston and Subdbury.
    Kingston and Sudbury affilliated to Ottawa (+2 in Québec)
    Brampton and Oakville affilliated to Mississauga
    Markham, Vaughan, Barrie and Oshawa affilliated to York F.C. (Richmond Hill)

- Québec Conference: Gatineau, Trois-Rivières, Saguenay, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Sherbrooke, Terrebonne, Lévis and Drumondeville.
    Gatineau and Sherbrooke affilliated to Ottawa
    Saguenay and Lèvis affilliated to Québec City
    Terrebonne and Trois-Rivières affilliated to Laval
    Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and Drumondeville affilliated to Longueuil.

- Atlantic Conference: Moncton, Saint John, Fredericton, Charlottetown, St. John's, Sidney, Truro and Dartmouth.
    All clubs will be affilliated to Halifax club.

2. Initial B

Initial B Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    I think that is similar to what has been proposed by the CSA, but your pro/semi-pro Div2 is the current regional leagues, which are classed as Div 3. For a true Div 2 they will want the teams to be fully professional. Your dream is a good one, though.

3. Paulo_PT

Paulo_PT Member

SL Benfica
    Portugal
    Sep 17, 2017
    Why a D2 needs to be professional?!

Start semi-professional, and then become professional if possible...

Other goal in the future all canadian clubs playing in CPL.

Maybe in 2026, 16 clubs could compete in CPL, the 12 original clubs, plus Vancouver Whitecaps, Montreal Impact, FC Toronto and Regina or Saskatoon.