My Day as a Hammer

Discussion in 'Israel' started by GoIsrael, Jan 5, 2006.

1. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    American psyche? Explain. Tough country? Care to elaborate on these pretty ridiculous theories?

The fact plain and simple is that soccer is too slow for Americans. In football you have guys going 100% every single play of the game. In soccer you see players walking around almost 50% of the game. Games often end 0-0 or 1-0. That isn't exactly catching the eye of people who have grown up on the most electrifying and greatest sport in the world. Argue all you want whether football is the best or not but as far as teaching life lessons, or bringing peoole together football is what you want. Look at after 9/11, Katrina and other disasters. Football provides a sense of brotherhood and comraderie that other sports don't give. In football you need all 11 guys on the field working together to achieve your goal. The same cannot be said for any other sport.

Football is a game or strategy and preparation. Teams spend 1 often 2 weeks preparing for a single game. Soccer has at least 2 games played a week. Football would not be able to that because 1) Physically the players could not handle it, and 2) That is not enough time to prepare.

Football is a rare and unique sport that Europeans simply refuse to accept. There are hundreds of reasons but usually the reason is "because it is American."

This is a rather simple and vague description. I am tired or else I would have given a much better answer.
    Depending on which side of the political fence you're on this will either help or hinder. I however, will leave it for another forum and another time.