My Biggest fear...

Discussion in 'Ottawa Fury FC' started by FandesRens, Mar 15, 2009.

1. FandesRens

FandesRens New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Ottawa
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    He is what I fear the most;

MLS Delays their expansion decision until the end of April... Ottawa City council then decides to go ahead with Melnyk's plan as it will be more *international*. The federal and provincial funding follows.... The CFL drops out of the radar as there will be no new lansdowne. Then MLS settles on Vancouver and Portland for the 2011 expansion.

MLS then considers another expansion for 2013 or 2014... Montreal is back in the fold at full throttle, same with Miami now that the ecomy has recovered. Also the New York Mets finally submit their bid for a new team in New York and St.Louis has bigger investors... Ottawa is never considered again as other markets bring more to the table (either for TV or population).

We now have a big white elephant in Kanata and no football of any kind (euro or Canadian).

2. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to the club, my friend. Being from the St. Louis area, I was thinking the same thing when MLS picked Philadelphia over St. Louis during the last expansion. I was hoping that they would name St. Louis as number 17 shortly thereafter, knowing full well that the longer the league put off expansion, the more chance other cities would have to get their acts together, which is basically what has happened in the last year with Portland and Vancouver.

In St. Louis, it seems like someone is always cutting in line in front of us and you may be in the same boat as us.

3. Ottawa MLS Fan

Feb 11, 2009
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm sure any Kanata stadium deal will be conditional on the MLS franchise, and the franchise will be conditional on the stadium. It will be like buying a house - when the last conditions are removed from both sides, the transactions proceed.

Melnyk is not going to guarantee a successful stadium operation while not knowing whether he has a franchise or not.

4. ChrisB

ChrisB New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Since shovel-ready is the word of the day, I imagine that Kanata Cottage will remain "shovel-ready" until the day after a franchise is awarded. Then we will see some action.

5. Blurrie

Blurrie New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Club:
    Ottawa
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

I love that name for the stadium, "The Cottage"!! Were else do you want to spend you Sat. afternoons or cool summer nights. Plus since it's such a far trip;) for everyone east of Kanata, they can pack and over night bag and come up to the Cottage!!:D

6. ottawasportsfan

Mar 18, 2005
    Really its far for everyone east of kanata really.I live in nepean it take 10 minutes.Then you have the west end of ottawa it self which is about 20 minutes.From downtown to the scotia bank with light traffic it should take about 45 minutes now is that a far trip.As for orleans yes that could be a bit farther.

7. Ottawa MLS Fan

Feb 11, 2009
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Kanata IS the west end of Ottawa. And not the far west end either.

8. ottawasportsfan

Mar 18, 2005
    Yes kanata is the west but i am just trying to make it simple for some.