Alert: My attempt at changing radio and eliminating the annoying repetition of radio stations

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by BakedAlaskan, Apr 10, 2019.

1. BakedAlaskan

BakedAlaskan Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Ancho-RAGE,Alaska
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://mountainofrock.org/

The site just went live and my "attempts" at web design are pretty laughable. I'm a genius with a capital J when it comes to coding. HOWEVER, that's not why I assembled you all here. I promised you revolutionary change

How's this?
    Over 70% of our music is recorded off of vinyl records

Over a week of no song repeats, songs get played only twice every three or so weeks

Always over three hours between songs by the same band

Listen to the same four hours, everyday, seven days a week and you won't hear a song repeated for about a month and a half

Listen to the same one hour, everyday, seven days a week and you won't hear a song repeated for about six months

Non commercial - Non-Profit 501(c)3 charity so donations are tax deductible

From Sinatra to Motorhead and many points in between(sorry hip hop fans)

Thoughts/opinions/musings?

Val1 repped this.
  2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will definitely give it a go. And someone like @Nacional Tijuana ought to be tagged to check it out.

3. ilovefootball20

ilovefootball20 New Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Club:
    FC Luzern
    Sounds much better than the formatting of most radio stations in terms of picking their tracks. I will certainly give it a listen.

4. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Your audio is louder than any other that comes out of my computer speakers. I'm going to check it out on my phone this afternoon.

As someone who has a pretty curated Pandora channel, this is the opposite of what I am personally looking for, but kudos for all your work. Pretty impressive.

So, I'm wondering, just what is the fascination with vinyl for this project?

F'rinstance, I'm listening to a song called Heart Attack by some band named Heavy Petting, and maybe this band didn't make it to digital, but it's a noisier recording. I still listen to vinyl, just because I don't have the interest or funds (or the eyesight to read DVD-sized liner notes) to replace/duplicate my entire library. I don't hate vinyl, but I wouldn't take the time to create such a station as you have to promote vinyl.

5. BakedAlaskan

BakedAlaskan Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Ancho-RAGE,Alaska
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    20% Showing off my collection
    20% Opens up a lot of music I don't have on CD or downloaded
    60% I hate listening to modern re-masters because they brickwall so much of the mastering. I can listen to albums on headphones all night long. I can listen to three or four songs of overproduced re-mastered MP3s or CDs and my ears are shot.

The phrase "The 90s" is a dirty word to most audiophiles.