My 2022 World Cup Group Stage Predictions: What do you think?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by Mean Machine, Apr 1, 2022.

1. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who cares honestly

unclesox repped this.
  2. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have to say honestly that Australia probably impressed me the most. It all started by getting past Peru and they just kept putting up displays I would have never thought possible from them, bar the game with France.

Some may say Morocco, but I honestly already felt pre WC that they're a very good side.

Paul Calixte and glennaldo_sf repped this.
  3. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    Back in March I said either Brazil or Argentina would win.

4. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I was one who openly stated that I thought this was our weakest squad player wise since the 1980's. It's a credit to them and the coaching staff they achieved what they did. Two wins and two losses doesn't sound like much, but it was way more than most of us expected and the two losses were against the eventual finalists.

Iranian Monitor repped this.
  5. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DrScorpio repped this.
  6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Licho, pipinogol, ganapordiego and 5 others repped this.
  7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Me too but I felt more strongly about Brazil.

vancity eagle repped this.
  8. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #3458 Christina99, Dec 19, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    I said Argentina was gonna win it since forever but it might not count cos i might be biased :ROFLMAO:

But goddamit, i knew this team was strong mentally, i only wanted the haters to recognize us that, i ve been watching Argentina since i was a little kid and this was the strongest team mentally i ever seen. Its like you have to kill them to beat them (yeah i know saudi arabia, but that was a fluke, a needed fluke may i say) and the 36 matches unbeaten run, the finalissima, the copa america...i knew this team was gonna be hard to beat. I think people underestimate mentality. Too focused on how much this or that player is worth but no one pays attention to mentality and team unity, and thats what wins you tournaments. Every players does whats better for the team, there are no egos, no locker room drama, the starting 11 changed SO MUCH during this tournament, and a guaranteed started like Lautaro, our 2nd biggest scorer in scaloneta era, was hugging young Julian Alvarez after every match, who "stole" his spot based on sheer talent and workrate. Every classic starter was ready to give up their place to someone that did better. Thats a team. And this was a team. You watch Dibu Martinez and you know hell give everything to win it, his life almost. You watch our players and you know they wont shake taking a penalty, they wont crumble under pressure, they wont fall apart if the other team can turn around an adverse result. And god did they prove it this world cup. Except with saudi arabia, Argentina was winning ALL their games 2-0 always, including the final. Thats some spectacular shit. But two times they tied us .That some tragic shit. And France even tied us a third time. That was uber tragic. And then the players went and took their penalties as BOSSES, and Dibu did what he had to do. Anyways, Argentina might not have been the most stacked team (though their players bar Messi are heaviliy underrated and this cup proved this too) but GOD is it the strongest mentally, the most united team, they ones that want it more. And its hard to beat that.

Anyways, i knew we will break the UEFA winning strike, and i knew it was gonna be Argentina (and if Argentina couldnt, it was gonna be Brazil)

Fedechat, dna77054, Burr and 1 other person repped this.
  9. Xylophone

Xylophone Member

Fiorentina
    Jan 30, 2018
    The Argentina team that won the 2004 Olympics in Athens made a huge impression on me when I was 12. Probably my favourite international football winners of all time (and yeah, I know it's practically a youth tournament but U-23 is not like U-17).

This team wasn't nearly as entertaining to watch imo, but they got the job done and that is what ultimately counts. The penalty wins were not just luck, they were actually good at them, which helped compensate them losing their good margin leads.

Now there are only two WC winners that haven't won it in my lifetime: Uruguay & England.

ganapordiego repped this.
  10. Licho

Licho Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jan 10, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

11. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Still a no show since Messi kissed the trophy.
    He talks the talk but can't walk the walk.