MUTV in the USA - Get it now!

Discussion in 'Manchester United News' started by Motterman, Mar 9, 2005.

1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Got a question...

I'm just about decided on getting Direct TV, but I'm not sure what each channel offers...

the bastards are lying to me and saying FSC comes w/ their basic package... which is, total bollocks, it comes w/ the Premier Package which at $99/month is almost $40 more expensive... however, I'm still considering it. Mainly due to the fact that this package includes Gol TV (and a helluva lot of movie channels).

I've checked the websites and the idiots on the phone either don't know (possibly they've changed their policy) or are trying to fleece me and cant seem to give me a straight answer.

P.S. if there was some way to pay my regular package at $46 and just add FSC for a bit extra, like say $10 I'd be happy, is this possible?

Also, Motter... you've got Setanta right now right? Is that worth it? I know I can get that seperate... but will it fulfil my ManU desires?

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can get a basic DirecTV package and add the Sports Pack for a bout $10 a month and get FSC that way. If you go for the Total Choice Premier package, you get FSC and GOLTV. (also if you get a TiVo/DVR sat Receiver, the TiVo service is included in the Premier package, I highly recommend getting TiVo with whatever you get - I think it's only $5 a month if you have a lower tier package, btw)

Setanta USA lets you see some MUTV programming (Red Hot News, Press View, Cantona, Best, Charlton, Busby retrospectives), plus they have Classic matches all the time - I've seen some games from 98 through 04 on this show, good stuff. (I really hope we get some reserve matches as well, the channel started too late last year for me to know) Plus, there's the Champions League matches, which is where it starts to show it's real worth. The odd SPL and Colaship games are interesting to check out too... this channel is $12 a month on top of any package you pick as well, btw. (I'm keeping it for now)

EDIT: If your DirecTV Satellite package doesn't come with a TiVo/DVR receiver included... go here to get one that's been upgraded to hold more hours of programming - http://www.weaknees.com/

3. cdmphy

cdmphy Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Natick, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

No, FSC comes with the sports pack which is $10 per month and comes with GolTV. It's $15 for Sentana which has MUTV. So with all of those you should spend 65-70.

4. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    thanx to both of you...

armed w/ information... I'm on the phone w/ them again... 2nd time today, 3rd time overall.

EDIT: (not really, I was about to post when she came on the line, so it's not officially, an edit)

My word, you 2 should get a commision... after all the run-around I got, and 1 woman who repeatedly tried to get me to purchase NFL Sunday ticket (as if that would solve my EPL need) its only when I was armed w/ the knowledge you provided me that I was able to get what I wanted. Otherwise I would have gotten Comcast just to spite them!

So, I'm going for the SportsPack which is $12 and includes FSC (sh!t, forgot to ask about GolTv) and I will think about getting Setanta, but I won't do it right away.

5. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries, you will have GolTV.

Setanta USA is next to both GolTV and FSC on the list, so you can see what you're missing.

Also, TiVo - you'll need it because you can't possibly catch everything you want to watch live.

6. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Set your Season Passes to record "Premiership Soccer", "German Soccer", "Futbol Italiano", and "Futbol Espanol" and you won't actually be able to leave the house at any point. ;)

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, I'm getting TiVo... its coming w/ the package so I'll be out $68 or so w/ out setanta... which I will consider getting...

umm, school a noob for a sec... what are you refering to? the ability to set the tivo to record weekly matches on GolTV w/ out having to do it all season long? That's just too good to be true... Tivo will mean I wont have to rent DVD's when I want to relax.. I'll just watch Serie A (Where everyone plays like Everton/Chelsea/Wigan) La Liga (figure skating adapted to be played on grass) and the Bundesliga (SirManchester's idea of heaven ;))

8. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I don't know exactly how DirecTV's version of Tivo works, but with the regular Tivo service you can set Season Passes (and Wishlists) to auto-record programs whenever they come on. So if you set a Season Pass for "Premiership Soccer", it'll record every EPL match on Fox Soccer Channel. Same goes for Serie A and La Liga on GolTV. Does it regardless of when the game is on, so you don't have to remember to record those midweek games yourself. You can also set a Wishlist for, say, "Manchester United", and record any program on any channel with those words in the description.

9. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It works the same. Also, you should check the To Do List every couple of days, so you don't record repeats of things you already have or don't want.

10. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah right, that "First Run and Repeats" option doesn't always work the way you want it to.

Of course I've got so many Season Passes at this point (soccer and non-soccer) divided between two Tivos, it takes me forever to make changes anyways. :rolleyes: :D

11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    you have 2 tivos? whatever the hell for??? god... i don't like TV as it is... (I watch about 1hr per week - if that much) and you might as well call what I'm looking is Direct FSC or Direct FooTieV... I wish I could build a football watching machine, that did nothing else, well, almost nothing else.

12. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only have 1 TiVo but I hardly have the time to watch everything on it as it is...

I can tell you, that you will have a growing appetite for what I call "Speed Soccer". :D

13. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Holy crap, all that football...reminds me of stealing cable back home in Trinidad and getting everything from FSW(FSC) to ESPN international.. :D

Man when I move into a place of my own I'm coppin me DirecTV...

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    LOL... what do you do... fastforward through the crap?
    I can see myself "accidentally" learning the minutes of the goals of some non-ManU matches and "randomly" fastforwarding to those points.

15. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's addicting. I'm pretty good with Man Utd matches, but most of the games I record from around the world I watch on 2X speed, or I'll even just watch the score in the upper corner and when it changes, I'll rewind a few minutes so I can see the buildup, etc. :D

16. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, well basically one is for regular TV shows and sports, and one is pretty much exclusively for soccer. I really don't even watch that much regular TV during the week anymore, mostly whatever I find stored on the Tivo on weekends.

17. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol... one Tivo for sports and one tivo for footie... lol (I know that's not what you said, but I can picture a wife/girlfriend hearing that and wanting to commit suicide)

18. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably explains my single status... ;) :(

19. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kissed my wife goodbye Saturday morning around 7:25am and told her I would miss her and that I would see her again in May. :D

20. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN

When you have Sattelite there's no reason NOT to have a tivo in every room. I have three. They are excellent receivers, the Tivo channel guide interface is head and shoulders above the rest..and... TIVO!!

:D

I drive my wife nuts with soccer constantly taping on at least one of them at all times :)

21. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    Don't forget Futbol Amistoso! (friendly)

Also UEFA Champions League (whenever it's on ESPN2) and Futbol UEFA on GolTV.

22. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah yes, you're right about those although admittedly I don't watch the UEFA Cup matches all that much.

23. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go to Best Buy and get a DirecTV TiVo unit for $100, and then send in the $100 rebate currently being offered. That's right, they're basically free right now....

24. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    hmm... interesante... is it limited to one per customer? if not, then I'll get 2 and tell direcTV to keep theirs and lower my bill by $6 per month for free.

25. footysip

footysip New Member

Jun 21, 2008
    To all you Manchester United fans out there, there is this cool site that I found that shows MUTV for free! I guess you have to have a High Speed connection, but the quality is awesome.

They also show all Manchester United games live online for free!!!

It is http://live.manutdvids.com/

They basically embed from all over the net, but is saves me the hassel of downloading stuff of hunting for the streams - This is the best option for me to watch all MUFC games in usa!!! Esp when its not on FSC ~~Just thought I would share!!! :)