Mustapha Jarju

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by Guarda-Redes, Jul 15, 2011.

1. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    for the opening of BC Place Stadium and hosting their BIG rival in Portland, Jarju came on as a second half substitute and looked insignificant- in other words, he even ranks lower on the depth chart than Vagenas who started the game :confused:
    i can see why he was not picked up by a Belgian first division team- let alone another top euro league-- he doesn't work hard enough off the ball and doesn't show the skill set when he does have the ball- his agent did a hell of a job of getting him to a DP salary for the Caps

2. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep

MLS can find DP's in the english or spanish SECOND division, but in the belgian, norwegian, dutch, swiss etc... second divisions I don't think so

Most clubs of the belgian second division run only on a 1 or 2 million euro budget, they don't have the financial capability to sign very good players

3. whiteisthecolour

whiteisthecolour Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Seattle's young DP: Montero.
    Our young DP: Jarju.

Any questions?

Actually, I'm convinced that Soehn is an idiot and no one can play well for him. I reserve all judgment until Rennie's making the decisions.

4. canuck51

canuck51 Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Vancouver
    He looked "alright" in his limited minutes on Sunday coming in at CM. I'd certainly rather see him start in that position over Vagenas any day. However with Hassli being suspended next game and Soehn being an idiot he'll most like start up front instead of Tan or Salgado, which also means we'll see Vagenas start again :(

5. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Vagenas is just not up to the MLS level in my opinion. Maybe as a depth guy if you have 2 or 3 injuries but that is it.

I know there is a lot of wishful thinking for Jarju, but I think we have to accept the reality he is going to be a regular guy getting us 4 - 5 goals in 2012 and not a "DP Calibre" type of player. It was a mistake to get him at this pay rate; but that we have to blame on the teams scouting (which I assume was Soehn in the winter and before TT was sacked).

6. Fynnsky

Fynnsky Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mustapha Jarju - Most Valuable Player for 2012.... for the reserves.

7. JohnnyRanger

JohnnyRanger Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Jarju is a fraud. That is all.

1 person likes this.
  8. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Based on how he was presented to us by the club; it is sure looking that way.

9. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    \

So a DF, not a DP ? ;)

1 person likes this.