Must read WaPo article breaks down Kay Report, makes clear Bush's treason

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    You did not write one word to diecredit this article or the information there-in, with the possible exception of calling it "desperate". Please address the issue of "lying about the reasons for war" rather than attacking those who are addressing that issue.

Thank you.

2. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yay, I want to address this one.

What a leap of logic, to take the premise "'liberals' are against the war in Iraq" and come to the conclusion, "'liberals' are against democratic principles." It's cute, but it doesn't really follow.

Liberals, like most Americans I should think, want to see Democracy in Iraq. Of course they do. To suggest that they don't is ridiculous and frankly juvenile. We all want peace, prosperity, liberalism and democracy in Iraq.

The argument is over the methods used to accomplish this goal -- their cost and their efficacy. I don't speak for all left wingers, but if you cannot demonstrate to me that there is an imminent threat - oh, wait, let's say immediate threat, is that better? - to the U.S., or some very urgent moral reason for us to engage in war, then I will never support putting our troops in danger. The litmus test ought to be the question "would I have my son/daughter/husband/wife/brother/sister die for this cause?" If the answer is "no," then the cost of going to war is too high. That human cost, combined with the financial cost, in my mind made this invasion not worthwhile.

Given that the invasion occurred anyway, I hope for minimal casualties on both sides and the speedy return of the troops. Watching events unfold, I can't help but feel that the administration has made all the wrong moves and planned poorly for the postwar power vacuum and reconstruction of Iraq.

Naturally, given that they went to war when they shouldn't have, and botched the postwar situation so severely, I'm not eager to the administration succeed politically. However, if the cost of peace and freedom in Iraq were four more years of Bush II, I would gladly accept that. Still, I firmly believe that if we continue along this course we will have continued disaster. I hate Bush for getting us into this, for killing hundreds of Americans and for keeping them in continued danger.

I hate him even more for doing so under false pretenses. You cannot equate outrage over the President starting a war for fictitious reasons, with a hatred for democracy. It's a childish attempt at diverting attention from the real question at hand. Did the President lie? To me it's almost a moot point. He sent us to war for no real reason - even if it can't be proved that he lied, he exhibited fatally poor judgement and it's an insult to those who gave their lives to just ignore that.

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would like to hope that most liberals are like Demosthenes in that their hatred of Bush is not as strong as their love for their country. I hope it is true that most liberals are not rooting for chaos in Iraq and for bad economic news so they can say they were right about Bush. I honestly think that most liberals are well meaning people who love their country, but the elite liberal inteligentsia is the problem.

It is interesting how the liberal inteligentsia skillfully uses the media to turn the anger of well meaning people against our president. They try to manipulate the feelings that some have against the uglyness that is war, and try to focus them against our president. They seem to completely disregard the fact that the Congress of the United States, in a bipartisan and almost unanimous way, approved the war against Iraq. They seem to disregard the fact that some members of congress had the access to the same intelligence that our president had, and that they also accepted it.

The game that these liberals play is to take a particular individual piece of intelligence which turns out to be mistaken and proclaim it to the world while magnifying it in order to make our president look bad, at the expense of making our country look bad. (which apparently does not concern them in the least).

But these agenda-driven articles fail to explain that the gathering of intelligence is a very imperfect science which relies on interpretation of thousands and thousands of pieces of information, many of which are brought by human sources. Given the state of our present world, we are forced to make interpretations and assumptions based on this intelligence, and we may be compelled to act on it. But ultimately we have to accept that there will be mistakes. It is the job of the CIA to try to minimize these mistakes, but it is by no means an easy job.

Meanwhile, we must ask ourselves whether it was a good thing that we were able to end the regime of Saddam Hussein, which had murdered and tortured his people, invaded foreign countries, used WMD's against their own and against others, and was a source of instability for the area. We must ask ourselves if it is a worthy goal to help bring a democracy to an Arab country at a time in which radical fundamentalists are battling for the minds of the Arab youths in the hopes of turning them into fanatical fighters to be used in a jihad against us. This is what is important, and not whether some pieces of evidence may have been misinterpreted by our intelligence community and by our top leaders in the White House and in Congress.

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    asf, I find it interesting that you aren't really addressing the article.

And by "interesting" I mean, an admission of defeat by you.

5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think I addressed the fact that the article is an attempt to take what may have been a mistake in the pre-war interpretation of intelligence and try to magnify it in order to make our president and our country look bad.

I don't think that a particular piece of intelligence can possibly define who Hussein was and what his intentions were, but it can be taken out of context and used by some in the media in an attempt to try to emasculate the CIA and embarrass president Bush and the United States of America.

6. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh! So, we're whittling down the straw man now!

So, all of us who aren't part of your 'elite liberal inteligentsia' are just well meaning dupes being told how to feel?

If you read the Seymour Hersh article, you would understand that the Bush administration was using intelligence information stripped of its context. Maybe CIA officials could usefully interprete this 'stovepiped' information, but Congress certainly couldn't.

Again, the CIA was not allowed to do its job with Iraq related intelligence. If they had, there wouldn't have been any 'immediate, credible threat' with which to sell the war.

The question isn't whether the world is better off without Saddam Hussein in power; it's whether the long term costs of doing so in this particular way are preferable to not removing him. This is another issue I have with this Bush administration. Cheney and Rumsfeld created their new, parallel intelligence networks in part because they were tired of the CIA and other traditional sources placing heavy emphasis on worst case scenarios. They wanted best case scenarios, so when it came to decide whether to invade Iraq, they ignored information that suggested things would turn out approximately as they have. US Soldiers were not generally welcomed as liberators, Chalabi and his designated successor government turned out to be neither useful nor respected within Iraq, and citizens who've lived under a viscious totalitarian government for 30 years behaved the way such people tend to.

The taking of intelligence out of context and the emasculation of the CIA are coming from the Whitehouse, not those of us hoping it gets a new resident on January 20, 2005.

7. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    It makes our president look bad because of "the mistake in the pre-war interpretation of intelligence". This is correct, ASF.

But I have to ask, is it the writers fault for pointing out the mistake? Or the President's fault for making the mistake?

8. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What it means is by invoking 9/11 you are engaging in the same misdirection as did the Bush administration. It also means that by automatically labeling opponents of the Bush Administration (this case as “pacifists”) you are following that administration’s example of simply dismissing without engaging or even correctly characterizing that opposition.

A plan for the war was written in ’91 and adopted virtually without change in 2001. Thus the plan had nothing to do with 9/11. The opportunistic implementation of it did, however.

I’m perfectly aware that the second Iraq war was connected to a long term “plan” (and I use quotes here because the magical thinking this group used to predict the results of their proposed actions hardly qualifies as a real plan). The problem is that among those nations with which the citizens of the US like to think this country belongs, simply thinking you’ve got a better idea of how to do things is not a remotely legitimate pretext for attacking another country, even one led by the likes of Saddam Hussein. It is you who is ignoring the context of Bush’s statements, a context which includes members of his administration making direct assertions about presence of WMD in Iraq along with persistent implications regarding Al Qaeda connections. There was a direct and (in the Bush Admin’s terms) necessary connection between these and this hypothetical plan, insofar as the plan itself was only justifiable if Iraq posed a threat to the US; hence, the lies by the members of the Bush Administration.

I begin to wonder what you mean by putting asterisks around “long term”. Perhaps you think it allows you to divorce your argument from reality completely. The Bush Administration had evidence that Iraq, which was not a direct threat to the US even at its peak strength when it invaded Kuwait, was significantly degraded even from its immediate post Gulf War status. Nevertheless they actively and explicitly promoted the idea that Saddam Hussein constituted a significant enough threat that we needed to go to war. Moreover, we needed, said they, to go to war right away, in order to prevent these WMD programs from reaching fruition. This was all false. Your comparison to WWII is so gratuitously wrong (even on the trumped up standards promoted by the Bush Admin) that it doesn’t even merit a response.

Actually, we’re trying to give the Administration more credit than it deserves, since imminent threat has been the gold standard that law abiding nations have used when deciding when to engage in acts of war against other nations. Your insistence that the presence or absence of this phrase is the final arbiter in determining whether the Bush Administration falsified data in creating a rationale for going to war is, once again, misdirection. The argument that Iraq posed a threat to the US was made, and made clearly. It happens to have been a lie.

Let’s say it’s true that inflated rhetoric is the regrettable norm in US politics these days. Let’s also say that if one is going to accomplish one’s ends, it’s very likely one will have to resort to it. That said, one still can be judged by the ends to which that rhetoric is used to enact. There is a world of difference between a political fight over an appointment to the Supreme Court and a decision to go to war.

I have grave doubts about this Administration’s ability to do what it set out to do in Iraq. I have them largely because they don’t seem to have a coherent plan beyond a confidence in our military’s capability. However, they seem to think that this is inexhaustible, that both a rapidly declining morale and the rapidly increasing deficit will not materially impact their ability to use military intervention as their chief foreign policy tool. Add to this the fact that they have increasingly isolated us from our allies and our ability to do good in the Middle East is enormously damaged. As for your suggestion that things in Iraq are going according to plan, the Administration’s own reports go against you. And our relationship with Shiite clerics has worsened since the war, precisely because younger, anti-US clerics have used the invasion as basis for recruiting support to them, away from more moderate clerics.

9. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liberals using the media to turn the anger of well-meaning people against our president is no different than the Republican strategy of invoking 9-11 patriotism at every turn in an effort to connect the emotions of that day to the present quagmire in Iraq, hoping somehow to squeeze the proverbial last drop out of it. It's a propaganda war for both sides.

For me, and I think for most, we just want to know the truth, so we can vote our conscience and choose the best man for the job based on all the evidence set before us. The job of most political campaigns is to do their best to cover all of that up.

10. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    If you loved America, you'd be against George Bush.

We could all buy Dubya action figures tomorrow - won't make Iraq safer, and it won't make the economy any better.

I mean, I didn't want to be THIS freaking right about Bush.

If you've got a blacklist, I want to be on it.

I think most Republicans love their country, but they love parroting back Bush/FNC talking points even more. It's not even a partisan issue anymore - Bush makes Jimmy Carter look like Lincoln, King Arthur, and Jesus put together. Wake up and stop smelling the OxyContin.

"Bush never said 'imminent'!" - yeesh

11. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    So your oppositon to the war, isn't based on pacifist beliefs? Do you just believe Iraq and the region in general, was better with Saddam in power than it will be with him removed?

I think I basically admitted this. 9/11 was the impedous for Bush to change his mind about the fact that continuing to ignore the situation in the middle east did not represent a threat. 9/11 convinced Bush, and many other americans that business as usuual in the Middle east was not acceptable.

But Saddam brought this upon himself when he invaded Kuwait, which the civilized world clearly thinks is deserving of a response.

I think the administration was clear that the threat was more potential than immediate. And the president himself made it clear in his speach to the U.N. that it was also about the principal that Sadam had continually violated the resolutions that were the result of the Gulf war, and we could not allow him to get away with that.

no, it means I want to stress the potential long term results, which you keep trying to ignore.

Why doesn't it merit a response?

It is generally accepted that it was a mistake not to confront Hitler before he became a real threat.

I don't think it is wise policy to wait until things get to the point of imminent threat to do something about it.

Yeah, I really believe that that was what you were trying to do.

I'm sorry that you feel mean my incistence that people be accurate is misdirection.

Once again you ignore the long term. I honestly believe that Saddam Hussein was a barrier to creating a situation in the middle east that would help end terorrism. His continuing existence in power and flowting of the U.N. resolutions, was a testiment to the lie that the radicals wanted to spread that the U.S. was a paper tiger who was affraid of them and that would be cowed by terrorist acts.

OK, but like I said, I'm just not going to get as excited over this as you are. And I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, and this was a democratic administration the majority of the people who are Bush's critics now, would be defending a Democrtaic administration that had done the exact same thing.

Let me ask you this.

If things do work out in Iraq, and the country becomes a beacon of peace and democracy in the region, would you think it was worth it?

I do not think enough time has passed to draw that type of conclusion. If by election time thigs have not improved significantly in Iraq, I would not blame people for voting against Bush based on his incompetence. But I certainly would not support anyone who supports abandoning Iraq, no mater what the consequences.

When did I suggest that. I don't even believe a wise leader would have one plan. He would have many contingency plans. I think some things have worked out much worse than expected, and some have worked out as expected, and some have worked out better than expected.

I think we mostly underestimated how much Saddam had broken the spirit of the average Iraqi. We thought Iraqi's would be more energetic in taking back their country than they have been, and that has made things go much slower than some anticipated.

I am not sure what reports you are speaking of.

What is your evidence of that? Is it logical to you that the real shiite leaders who have gained the most from the removal of Saddam would be Anti-U.S.?

To me this is an example of how reporting distorts things. I just read an article by a reporter who was in Iraq, and he said by and large the general population supports the senior cleric's who support the U.S. That doesn't make for good headlines, so what we see in the news are these violent acts of radical young clerics. The radicals see an opportunity, and that is why it is important that the U.S. stay in Iraq and help the moderates maintain control. The lessons we learn from the battle between the moderates and radicals in Iraq will be invaluable as a similar situation plays out in Iran.

12. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really love to pose these two options as the only two possibilities - either we invade immediately or Saddam stays in power indefinitely. This is an incorrect dichotomy - there were myriad other options. Still you continue harp on the idea that Iraq is better off without Saddam, revealing that you have either not read or not understood what people have been posting on these boards for months.

Look at you, engaging in the same deliberate conflation, distraction and obfuscation as the administration. Do you realize you're doing it, or do you genuinely buy this garbage? The most you can say is that 9/11 made us more vigilant about threats to our security. Saddam did not attack us on that day. Al Qaeda's willingness and ability to perpetrate that atrocity had nothing to do with whether Saddam Hussein's regime posed a threat to the United States. On 9/11 we learned that Bin Laden was a serious motherfucker who had to be dealt with immeidately. That's what we learned. We didn't learn squat about Saddam Hussein.

The President said they had WMD. Nobody sat around their dinner tables back in February asking each other, "do you think Saddam's repeated violations of the UN resolutions justifies war?" No, they were asking "Does he really have WMD?" Bush said he had WMD. He did not. End of story.

Do you really think this is a good analogy? Do you honestly believe that, if we had not invaded Iraq, the consequences would have been comparable to what happened to Europe in the 30's and 40's, or what would have happened if the U.S. had never entered WWII?

When and how do you know that the threat has the potential to become imminent? How close to imminent does it need to be to justify war?

Okay, let's drop that wording. Let's abandon the term "imminent threat." Did the President say that Saddam Hussein posed an immediate threat? An urgent situation? A clear, distinct threat? Or was it a distant, potential or future threat? Find me a quotation from Bush or anyone in his administration in which they even imply that the threat is eventual, potential, or distant.

Not if my dad gets killed there. I appreciate the long-term benefits of democracy in Iraq, but I would not sacrifice a family member in an attempt to impose it. Hey, Michael, if you think it's such a worthwhile cause, why don't you enlist?

So our failure to accomplish our aims there is still Saddam's fault. You know, I'd call all those car bombings pretty energetic. Guess we have a different definition of the term.

13. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps someone with more of a background in Middle East Studies will come along to confirm my suspicion that that's as false and dangerously misleading as it sounds.

Or maybe I'm wrong, and it is true - you conquer one raghead country, you've conquered 'em all. :rolleyes:

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

15. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, it's not a majority anymore.

16. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Yes that’s correct. It is not.
    2. No.
    3. Why you asked these questions is not clear to me, because nothing I’ve said suggests either one. Demosthenes has it right.

Right, so they attacked Afghanistan. Now see if you can make Iraq fit into that picture without telling lies about the threat of WMD and links to Al Qaeda.

Yepper. And the response was Gulf War I and sanctions. Which the majority of the civilized world, in the form of the UN, thought was a sufficient and workable plan. It’s the hawks in the Bush Admin. that saw this as an opportunity to wage their war and made up lies to justify it.

Is Colin Powell part of the Bush Administration?

What about Paul Wolfowitz?

I’ll try to make this plain. Nations, like ours, that purport to be defenders of the right and furthermore presume to judge other nations, employing terms like “rogue nations” and “axis of evil” in the process ought not to wage war on falsified data. Even further, the Bush Doctrine of preemptive war was rightly regarded as extraordinary, since previously it was thought that a justified war was one that either responded to an attack or prevented one that was about to happen. Hence the inflated claims, data manipulation, and now frantic misdirection.

Long term results usually follow from events that are occurring in the here and now. With regard to Iraq, current events suggest a far more problematic future than the one you are heralding.

Because the threat posed by Hitler’s Germany was real, and the one posed by Hussein’s Iraq was not. Because Hitler had real designs on world domination and was clearly developing the means to attempt them, while Saddam at his best/worst was aiming for regional power and by 2001 was no longer even remotely capable of that. Because the worst atrocities committed by Saddam occurred during the build to his peak in the late 80’s to 1990 (a process that was aided by the Reagan administration, incidentally). By 2001, the people of Iraq (and the US and Britain) would have been better served by a more peaceful, multilateral approach to removing him. Incidentally, you should google “Godwin’s Law.”

I refer you to the links, above. There are plenty more. Next you’ll be saying stuff like “it depends on what you mean by ‘is’”.

Once again, I suggest you pay attention to processes developing in Iraq now to gauge what the long term will be like. Links between Iraqi resistance and terrorist groups have come into existence since the end of the war. British and American troops are in a position that looks increasingly like Beirut, and they are in it virtually alone (because the Bush Administration made a point of pissing on the UN) and without clear direction. We have been committed to a militaristic path that has left us few other options, if any, and this is affecting our dealings in other parts of the world. Incidentally, by ignoring the fact that the Bush Administration lied to create a pretext for this war while consistently referring to a hypothetical “long term” you are engaging in misdirection. “Insisting that people be accurate” would be more like asking Bush what he meant when he allowed members of his administration to consistently refer to 9/11 when they were talking about Iraq.

Not me. And because of that I get to point out what a hypocrite you are.

Possibly. But I have to point out that’s not the rationale employed by the Bush Administration to start this war. There are plenty of countries out there whose leaders richly deserve to be removed from office, with violence or without. The reason it’s better to accomplish this within the constraints of international law or at least with as much multilateral consensus as possible, and without making shit up, is so that this kind of behavior does not stand as a precedent for waging war over mere political policy.

Who has suggested that Iraq be abandoned?

You’re ignoring the evidence at hand that suggests there was little or no long term plan for handling the politics and logistical difficulties of a postwar Iraq. You’re defining Iraqi resentment of US presence in Iraq (even among those happy to see Saddam gone) as a lack of energy. Neither works very well when it comes to supporting your argument.

Mostly the ones that say “oops, no WMD yet.” Toss in the one this thread is based on, too. You can also include Rumsfeld’s comments about the war on terrorism.

Well I gave you evidence and what did you do with it? You blamed it on the liberal media’s insatiable lust for good headlines.

17. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Uhhhh, what the fuk is Zogby? How about trying this:

Gallup Poll and CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll

"Do you approve or disapprove of the way George W. Bush is handling his job as president?"

Approve Disapprove Don'tKnow
    N 10/24-26/03 53 42 5
    10/10-12/03 56 40 4
    10/6-8/03 55 42 3
    9/19-21/03 50 47 3
    9/8-10/03 52 43 5
    8/25-26/03 59 37 4

Further proof of a liberal finding some info that fits his slant, regardless of the truth!

18. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    No not all. We have to do it one at a time. I'm amaized that American liberals defend the rights of thug dictatorships, some of them left over from Colonial times.

It is clear that the Iranian government does not have the concent of the governed. Shouldn't we stand up for democracy??

19. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Originally posted by Attacking Minded
    No not all. We have to do it one at a time.

That's right, because we've got a sacred mandate to be the world's police patrol, righting wrongs and bringing justice. Starting and ending with the countries holding all the crude oil underneath them, of course.

I'm amaized that American liberals defend the rights of thug dictatorships, some of them left over from Colonial times.

[​IMG]

Who am I? And why was I overthrown by a neocolonialist-sponsored thug dictatorship?

Why don't you try reading this to find out?

It is clear that the Iranian government does not have the concent of the governed.

Which part of the government? Who the hell elected Khatami? Nothing would get the young, pro-western Iranian population back behind the mullahs like, oh, calling them an evil nation and rattling our sabers at them. Good thing we haven't done that yet, then.

Shouldn't we stand up for democracy??

We can't even do that in this country anymore.

20. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

too bad you don't "feel the need" to apply this insistence to the president

really now? and what makes you so sure? your keen unbiased political sense? precedent?

what are you referring to? the war? or the lying?

yet someone who abandoned afghanistan is fine and dandy

and i'm amazed that american conservatives conveniently gloss over the fact that we propped many of them right on up... including the one in question here

i'm also amazed that republicons keep singing that 'liberal media' song ad nauseum - didn't foxnewsnetwork and a few other administration sack licking news networks switch the title of their war coverage midstream to the unbelievably misleading 'operation iraqi freedom' put forth by the president? - and by unbelievably misleading i mean outright lie

21. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    We do? Well isn’t that just great. Here I was having some doubts.

Who are you? I guess you are Michael. Who is the guy in the picture? That is a guy who bore much of the brunt of a love-hate relationship with the US and suffered a coup attempt led by the CIA, which now is apparently persecuted by the Bush administration. Oddly enough the CIA was, at the time, overrun by Harvard liberals recruited by leftovers from the Oh So Social OSS.

22. Dan Loney

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Boy, I was really worried at first when I read this, but I've thought about it for a second and I feel much *head explodes*

23. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gallup Poll
    Approve 53%

Newsweek
    Approve 51%

Ipsos-Reid/Cook Political Report Poll
    Approve 55%

CBS News Poll
    Approve 54%

Fox News
    Approve 52%

ABC News Poll
    Approve 53%

These are all more recent polls than the Zogby one taken two weeks ago.

24. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Academia/CIA

Gloria Steinem and the CIA

25. Dan Loney

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I'm not going to indulge the stupidity of this topic. It has nothing to do with the Kay Report, nothing to do with Bush lying, nothing to with Iraq's non-existent WMD.

The CIA as part of the vast left-wing conspiracy? The Central *#*#*#*#ing Intelligence Agency?

What is it with you conservatives this month? We won Vietnam. We found WMD. Things are going well in Iraq. The economy's getting better. Is this one, big, nationwide troll? Shun the Way of the Clueless *#*#*#*#, already.