Multicultural Teams

Discussion in 'Player' started by squadra_azzurri, Dec 23, 2005.

1. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    here in Ontario, Canada where i live we have alot of backrounds and cultures, we on our soccer teams are multi-cultural, on my team we have:

2- argentines
    2- Portuguese
    1- irish
    1- bulgarian
    11-italians

how we interact with each other is just fine, we dont really poke fun or avoid anyone because of their backround. sure we poke fun at the non-italians like ounce in a long time. ex. 1 argintine always fakes falling and we joke that how they all play. of course we are just having and its a joke for us. but of course we are very good friends and stick up with one another. since portugues and italians are the most populated in our community we are happy that each other teams get eliminated because we hate seeing other cultures celebrating.

sooo. is your team multicultural? how do you guys interact with them? do you ignore them? if your team is all one culture, do you poke fun at your opponents cultures?

i know our opponents make fun of us when we poon them... but we just call them mangacakes(a word italians call canadians) and keep our cool

2. jvillefreelance

jvillefreelance New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    My amature team has a lot of diversity b/w americans and latinos...

9 Whities (including myself)
    6 Mexicans
    4 Columbians
    1 Chiliean (Chili, w/e they are called)
    1 Brittish Giana (I think the spelling is right)
    And the coach is from Equador

Thats over half minority, but its funny b/c within the groups we have sub groups. The main one is with the mexicans, three of them are from Tiawana, and they are the "corupted ones" or the "crazy ones" the others are just normal. So that is kind of funny...

3. hectic

hectic New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    The Ghetto
    the team im with atm has:

23 greeks
    1 albanian
    1 cypriot (greek)
    1 aussie (me)

the 3 of us cop quite a lot of sh!t but its all jokes. i swear alot in english and not greek so everyone calls me 'f-u-ck'. if i swore in greek it wouldnt matter at all, but everyone here laughs whenever I swear in english :confused:

when the cypriot guy gets really pissed off he swears in some sort of cypriot dialect and everyone gives him heaps of sh!t and laughs at him, its really hilarious. all jokes ofcourse lads, we're all here to play football :D

4. SantosLaguna

SantosLaguna New Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Westfield
    theres only 2 mexis, me and my cousin, on our team =(..everyone else is white

5. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yup its funny and its expierience :D

6. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    4 Iranians
    3 Koreans
    1 Chinese
    1 half Indonesian
    others seem to be white, but hell knows where their ancestors came from (it's Canada lol) :D .

7. retsniv

retsniv New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    NORCAL
    1 iranian
    1 Guatemalan (me)
    10 mexicans
    1 Chinese
    1 New Zealander
    2 White guys (dont know what they are)
    and my coach is English

8. VOwithwater

VOwithwater New Member

Oct 17, 2005
    It sounds like the Brooklyn Italians but your team has too many italians to be a Brooklyn italian team. :)

9. VOwithwater

VOwithwater New Member

Oct 17, 2005
    Put 11 Albanians on the field at the same time you know what you have? You have a riot against the opponent.

10. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    SAN josie
    we got some indian some japanese im korean ehhh 2 mexicanos 3 frenchies :D uh.... and 1 weirdass little boy. Keep in mind we're 13. Kids our age can be weird sometime

11. MrZedd

MrZedd New Member

Jul 18, 2003
    Scots, English, Argentine, American. Everyone makes fun of the Geordies!

12. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not an actual team, but where i play i am usually the only north american. there is rarely more than 1 at a time, at most 4. the rest of the ppl (20-30) are colombian, peruvian, venezuelan, maybe a couple of argies, and brazilian.

13. Fulham Fan

Fulham Fan New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Bay Area
    I played on a team that was all-Latino but for me. There were no leagues in our area and so we competed elsewhere, typically against all-white teams. A few of those matches did have a tension in them, and certainly some incidents bordered on racism or simply were racist. There was another team in the league, though, that was also all-Latino, and it seemed to me the players wanted to win the matches against them the most.

14. jrod69

jrod69 Member

Feb 19, 2005
    NYC
    whos the best on the team? wats the age group and how good are u guys

15. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    the best on the team.... we are not a selfish and an individual team, we dont always give the ball to the best players on the team, we rely on team chemistry and we all have our ups and downs in skills. We are going into U-17 but now i might switch to an academy team now, so my future with this team is undecided anyways. There is more intensity and training on the academy team and the trainers criteria is exactly what i want. I am not going to say how good we are because how good we are in Canada can be a whole different level from New York level is. i ask , why do you want to know?

16. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    New Zealanders and whites are the same thing. If the Mexicans were born in Mexico, they're latino. If they were born in the U.S. they're classified as white.

17. UVaGooner

UVaGooner BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 15, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Um, the 1st people in New Zealand, the Maori, are not white. And Mexican is a nationality, not an ethnicity. There are blacks (especially on the Costa Chica) and whites in Mexico, as well as Indians and mestizo. Regardless of where they are born, they'd be classified as Hispanic in the States. That's why the official census form has "White (not of Hispanic origin), Black (not of Hispanic origin) and Hispanic - who can be White, Black, Indian or any mixture of the 3.

18. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    My Bad.