Mukwelle Akale at Villarreal

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Mario Balotelli, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If only Akale were able to get a Cameroonian passport, he'd count as domestic as a Cotonou Agreement player.

2. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    perhaps your qualm is with the poster in the first quoted post. they said that, not I. perhaps read my post again and let me know how 'I' assumed.. i also said nothing of playing for the B team. i said furthering his career. it's simple reading comprehension. thanks!

good luck continuing to study the Villarreal system tho!

3. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your interpretation of the foreign player restrictions in Spain is wrong. The restrictions are not the same.

4. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Please enlighten us what the differences are instead of just telling people we are wrong. Seems silly I have to ask.

dwsmith1972, TxEx and bballshawn repped this.
  5. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1505 chrome_vapors, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    Dude what you eat doesn't make me shit lol.

I have no onus to spoon feed you readily available, basic information that's been stated in this thread numerous times.

Especially not at some snark filled request.

Giggsy1986 repped this.
  6. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Then why don't they sign him to a contract extension and loan him out until they feel he's ready for their 1st team?

bballshawn repped this.
  7. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    You need help. You said I was wrong but didn't link or explain why. I still won't believe you until you can provide information. I didn't even think my post was that definitive. It was a logical point not a declaration of fact. Details matter and you're wasting time to continue to tell people they are wrong without explaining why. That's odd.
    The differences between Spanish La Liga and Segunda B foreign player rules are easy to access and basic information?!
    If they are so basic you can take 10 seconds to link them.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  8. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably because these things must be earned. Villarreal's academy to first team pipeline is ridiculously competitive.

Last season was his first season with Villarreal C and his first season playing against adult pros. He performed very well in his opportunities but he wasn't quite as dominant as he was with the U19's and competition for playing time was fierce.

I felt this was a very important year for him that unfortunately it's been cut in half due to injury. I really wanted to see him absolutely tear up the Tercera Division which based on my observation of Akale and my experience with the league, he's absolutely capable of. But it has to be accomplished on the field.

He needs to stay healthy and if he performs he could get an opportunity with the first team in preseason or with a Segunda division team but any linear progression isn't possible as he's not eligible to register for Villarreal B or any other team playing in the third division.

9. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously you're the one who needs help, literally.

I don't know why you're bitching at me man. I couldn't care less what you believe.

I'm interested in meaningful discussion, not what ever pissy fight you're interested in.

10. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    You now have some more issues to discuss with your therapist. Is it possible for you to post the differences in foreign player rules between La Liga and Segunda B which would allow easier access for M. Akale to play first team football over 2nd team football. How's that for meaningful substance. That's my 3rd time asking and you refusing each time.

11. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know why know why this is personal to you. Go ******** yourself with the personal quips. For the second time, I'm not interested in that. I didn't answer your request because you want to be a dick about it.

In attempt to get you off my own dick, and to prevent you from further cluttering what has historically been a great thread, I'll explain the difference to you.

La Liga and Segunda Division both place limitations on clubs registering foreign players. Segunda B Divisionis the only level of Spanish football that bars the registration of foreign players all together.

Players who hold citizenship in countries that are members of the Contonou Agreement are not treated as foreign players in Spain.

This has been discussed numerous times.

12. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Thank you. Was that so hard.
    You type disgusting stuff like this but my minor quips are too much for you?!
    In attempt to get you off my own dick
    Dude what you eat doesn't make me shit lol.

13. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't say they were too much, I said I wasn't initially interested.

But dick head behavior invites dick head behavior. I can throw shit too.

You're welcome.

14. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    You certainly proved that. You should be proud that you're better at it than I. Our posts were not even close. That's a false equivalency.

15. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not exactly keeping score, it's just the internet.

Merry Christmas!

16. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Wow got no dog in this fight, but it sure likes somebody ought to do their own research. I am sure it is in this very thread if you can find it with all the homo-erotic trash talking.

If not there is this thing on the internet machine called google. Try it sometime.

17. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    This thread is always hot garbage

18. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget ... MLS drools, any place in Europe rulez.

Rahbiefowlah repped this.
  19. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Agree, this thread has sucked for years. I am always hesitant but keep clicking anyway in hopes of something substantive.

20. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread has had more tape and more full match film and analysis than any other in YA over the past few years but to each their own.

Giggsy1986 repped this.
  21. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Academy probably with the caveat that the ones with more have mostly been promoted to YA senior.

22. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tape, sure. Meaningful analysis, not so much.

Now if only I wasn't too lazy to watch the actual footage provided...

23. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I said to each their own. If you haven't valued the threads content over the years no one has forced you to be here, especially not to complain without contributing.

24. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nobody doubts akale's talent. We just don't think villereal is the only viable option to develop especially when they won't renew your damn contract

frankburgers repped this.
  25. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1525 chrome_vapors, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    That's an entirely different topic. I was just talking about the thread. It's been one of my favorites and imo one of the most informative over the past few years.

A lot of other academy threads could immediately enter the conversation if they regularly posted their U19 matches to YouTube in beautiful 1080p but I digress.