MU Radio No Longer Free!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by penquinref, Oct 16, 2003.

1. penquinref

penquinref New Member

Jan 21, 2002
    new jersey
    Acording to manutd.com, the free radio link is no longer free... it is now part of MU.tv and is available in either monthly or yearly subscription. The prices are not high, but jeez, for all the overseas supporters who don't have access to other live feeds this really cuts down on the feel and the excitment of listening.

I guess it's time to pony up some extra "pounds" (who needs that new black away kit anyway!!)

2. Potomac Red Devil

Aug 12, 2003
    Indiana
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that's too bad...and with most of Man Utd's matches on PPV, I have to pay now whether I watch or listen!

I don't begrudge them, though...if there's money to be made, have at it...just make sure you buy some good players with the cash!

3. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    It looks like it's ₤25 a year. That's about $42. Not exactly cheap.

4. Pinesol13

Pinesol13 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    NY
    Damn! I loved the Man U radio. It was great when I had to be at school, but I had a couple of breaks inbetween classes that coincided with the games. go to the computer lab, listen to the game, go to next class.

oh well..

5. DAGSports

DAGSports New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Prior to the start of Champions League, you could subscribe to MU.tv for the equivalent of 20 pounds a year as compared to 25 now. I didn't but that's what their website said you could do. Granted that you may not be allowed to subscribe if you don't live in the UK or Ireland because of licensing issues (I think Sky can only offer subscriptions to EPL highlights in those countries). Does any American on this board subscribe?

6. Man_United_FL

Man_United_FL New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Orlando, FL USA
    I subscribe to MU.tv. I began my subscription mainly because the big pub in the area is pro-Chelsea and they, in turn, will show Chelsea over United on Champion's League or Carling Cup matchdays. I think its worth the six and a half bucks a month to subscribe because, in addition to the radio commentary, there is a lot of exclusive content (player interviews, press conferences, etc.) and video match highlights. I find that I don't watch the match highlights as much now that I have UEFA.com's Action package. If you don't know what that is, check it out. Its absolutely brilliant.

7. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: MU Radio No Longer Free!

And even worse in Australia. I don't know what the exchange rate is from British pounds to $AUD, but that looks like it's close to $70 US, based on what I know about the exchange rate ($US --> $AUD).

But still, I'll pony up the dough, as it's well worth it.