mtv video music awards

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by snowsuit, Aug 30, 2002.

1. snowsuit

snowsuit New Member

Oct 1, 2000
    san diego
    thoroughly entertaining.

2. snowsuit

snowsuit New Member

Oct 1, 2000
    san diego
    that eminem got booed is hilarious. he's going to beat up moby, what a toughguy. a 12 year old girl could beat up moby.

3. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I caught glimpses of it. It's so fixed. You could pretty much predict who's gonna win the awards based on which group whores themselves the most for MTV. When Triumph came on it was goin well, but Marshall didn't wanna play nice did he? Another reason why I think he's an absolute dick.

4. cosmosRIP

cosmosRIP Member

Jul 22, 2000
    Brooklyn NY
    Nothing like a good pop music feud, but can someone tell me what Eminem's problem with Moby is all about?

5. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the last ime i watched was in 96.

this is becasue

a)i was 10, and too young to know better.
    and
    b) oasis was on

6. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's because he knows Moby is much more talented.

7. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    I love the fact that Eminem feels so intimidated by Moby, possibly the nicest and meekest guy in music. I'd really like to hear a psychologist's analysis of how and why Moby gets to him.

8. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meek. That's really a good word to describe him. (Moby, that is.)

9. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eminem has to pick on the smallest guy.

What a dumbass.

10. NorthGoalGang

NorthGoalGang Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Coventry, CT
    It's easy to pick on the guy you know won't come back at you. If Eminem really wants a scrap, he should call Suge Knight a salad-tossing pussy at the Source Awards.

11. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Moby called Eminem's lyrics misogynistic at some point. So Em lashed out. I still don't understand - I'm cool with rappers dissing other rappers, it's part of the culture, but how's Moby going to respond on wax? Sample a gospel album saying "Eminem blows?"

The VMAs were gawd-awful. Cool moments:

1) Guns n Roses. Oh, so THAT's what rock is supposed to look like.

2) Hives v. Vines. The Hives rock in so many rocking ways.

3) The Jackson fiasco. Is he seriously so deluded? Or is this Andy Kaufman ************ing with all our heads again?

4) Aguilera wearing two bandaids for a dress. But what was with the dyed grayish hair?

Fallon was really, really bad after the opening montage - hey look, Fat Joe ate the Olsen twins! Cutting edge! I would have rather had Tina Fey...

Anyway, a waste of 3+ hours, though I think we all knew that going in...

RS

12. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    yeah the great lyrical tongue of Eminem, whom some white adult rock critics hail as a genius in the same poetic vein as Dylan takes to "dissing" such heavyweights as NSync, Britney Spears and Moby. Now THAT takes talent.

Moby gave an interview to Entertainment Tonight a couple of years ago saying that he feels that Eminems lyrics are dangerous because people look up to him and that domestic abuse against women is not something to joke about. Of course Eminem is offended by anyone who says that beating women is offensive.

13. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, but... they are.

14. Megatron

Megatron New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Chicago
    What the hell was Michael Jackson wearing?He looked like he was ready to fill in as a replacement player if baseball went on strike.You know what I mean with those gold things on his legs!Jacko's gone Wacko!!!

15. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would pay to see this.

16. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You say this as if it's a new development.

17. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Jacko was wearing gold plated cricket pads on his legs. He was ready for a good LBW or two.

18. snowsuit

snowsuit New Member

Oct 1, 2000
    san diego
    the reason eminem 'dissed' christina aguilera in 'the real slim shady' was for a similar reason. she said his song about killing his daughter's mother was disgusting. eminem took offense. jesus. i also don't understand his deification among critics. according to them, he's supposed to be saying something incredibly profound underneath all the *********-bashing and crying about his childhood. what is it, then?

19. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    he's kinda cute and I don't think he's married to Kim....hee hee.

Shady's dimples would help....make ladies swoon baby, ooh baby.

That was Michael Jackson!?!?!? And all this time, i thought it was Justin Timberlake's solo act.

20. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Eminem is intimidated by anyone who criticizes him or his music. I guess he still has to learn that you must grow a thick skin if you want to be in the public eye.

I like how he later tried to excuse his "I'll hit a guy wearing glasses" comment by claiming to be in anger management counseling. How lame was that?

21. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    I can't wait until a couple of years down the road, when Eminem won't even be able to sell lifeboats on a sinking ship. And all of his bitching and whining and acting like a punk will no longer be cute, it will be pathetic - like watching a fat, drunk, washed up Vince Neil make a fool of himself in public over and over again.

22. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have eventually come to realize that Mr Mathers is merely a sniveling, whining git. He spouts all this hostile crap, at least half because it scans well with Dr Dre's productions (the real secret to his success). Then he is shocked, shocked to hear that people disapprove.

Ever notice how 9/10 of his lyrics are about him?

23. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd figure from all the criticism he takes that he'd learn to keep his mouth shut but no. I'm glad they booed him. I thought it was hilarious. Poor little Marshall, taking offense to people booing him.

24. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    funny everyone bitches about how his lyrics are to blame for abuse of women, but no one bitches about how it's okay for 12-yr-olds to dress trampy like Britney or Christina and then bitch when the kid is knocked up by the time she's 14. Whatever.

Go Slim Shady for calling it like ya see it.

25. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Aimer, now you're enabling him: there's no excuse for acting like a dick. That's a completely unrelated issue from Britney.