Mr. Josmer Volmy Altidore

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by 50/50 Ball, Aug 22, 2016.

1. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Jozy and Giovinco did TFC pretty well as 2 up top.

2. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Turns John Terry and beats Petr Cech with a pretty nice finish. Jozy's few goals in England are real quality.

4. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. This was his other one.

5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Same here! Are we so sure it's not from a parallel Earth where Jozy had the kinda career Sergio Aguero had?

6. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    xbhaskarx and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    That hattrick against an A-list Bosnia side :thumbsup:

8. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I for one am entirely done with Jozy:

1377325787976720387 is not a valid tweet id

9. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    1377338566854983685 is not a valid tweet id

jozy has some free time today

10. Ironbound

Ironbound Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    Love that he’s replying to a tweet from some Canadian show. Just an unexpected explosion of unknown beef into the open at a random time.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  11. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is that the breaking point? Looks like Jozy is defending the U23 kids who were set up to fail. I would leave Taylor's whiteness out of it but the rest is true. Jozy's an all-timer for the US and should feel free to demand his respect.

I

12. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TT didn't attack any players, he attacked Kreis and the USSF brain trust. Why is Jozy making this unnecessarily racial? His hamstrings were enough reason to be done with him this is icing on the cake.

13. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Whether it's Charles Barkley, Lebron, Geoff Cameron, Pulisic, Landon or Jozy, it'd be wise not to get caught up in their musings, likes, or tweets. Occasionally, the sporting world will produce a thoughtful, knowledgeable doer. Alonzo Mourning. Marcus Rashford. Otherwise just enjoy their sporting accomplishments.

14. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Racism doesnt look good on you Jozy.........simmer down buddy

FTGOTC and Three and Three repped this.
  15. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's the rare person that I agree with on all things political so I definitely don't expect to agree with athletes and coaches.

Jozy's used his platform for good and for years, I'll forgive him for not being PC here.

16. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that's the case, Taylor is 100 percent right to call their performance pathetic.

17. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Does he think Beasley or Mia Hamm would not take note of the Olympic failures? Weird rant.

FTGOTC and Three and Three repped this.
  18. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Beasley and Hamm both have media jobs and are TV personalities already, so.... wtf man?

Three and Three and 50/50 Ball repped this.
  19. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Bobby Warshaw caught some of that. And Brian Schmetzer wasn't even on the delivering end.

50/50 Ball repped this.
  20. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Yeah, I think we are at (or should be at) the point where anyone, of any race, bringing up race like this is unnecessary and wrong. Good to see nobody is defending him other than what I can only imagine/hope is a family member here.

He seems to have had a few real weird/unbecoming moments later in his career (I was effectively done with him as a player I liked when he tried to break that dude's leg in half a couple years ago), so hopefully this will be the last of it. Thx for your service, have a good one.

FTGOTC and DrunkOffPunch repped this.
  21. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beasley is a terrible no good analyst, his great national team career doesn't change that. And Mia Hamm is probably too busy owning LAFC and watching the women not f*ck up to care about some youth tournament, or at least she should be.

There's plenty to criticize with Twellman at times (what exactly is he trying to say about the lack of college soccer players on this failed U-23 roster??), but there's always 10000x more to criticize with Alexi Lalas. And yet Jozy won't say a negative word about Lalas, because Lalas is a contrarian sh*thead who still has Jozy in his best starting XI, even though there is zero justification for that at this point. Oh and last summer Lalas was openly crapping on BLM, George Floyd protests, and soccer players speaking out, so it's certainly bizarre to make it racial with Twellman when whatever his politics may be, at least he doesn't publicly behave like some Soccer Tr*mp.

Having said that, it must tough to see one's national team career collapse the way it did for a guy most assumed would end his career as the all time goalscoring leader. Does Jozy ever get another cap? Maybe if that move to LigaMX had materialized he works his way back in, but that was always unlikely. That leaves him as a guy who is always injured and last managed 2 goals in 13 games in MLS... what justification is there to give a single minute to a player on the wrong side of 30 with those numbers over say Daryl Dike?

How many guys who are in the conversation for USMNT best XI will have their national team careers essentially come to an end (in terms of meaningful games) with that loss to T&T? Dempsey, Howard, Beasley, the writing was on the wall with those guys. Bradley less so at the time but now it's hard to see him back in the fold. Altidore was only 27!! That's younger than Lletget and Long are now! He led his team to a second straight MLS Cup a few months after that T&T loss, and won it the second time. Given the mentality of top athletes, that has got to be frustrating... no wonder he's lashing out as it unfolds.

22. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see anyone defending him unless it's someone I blocked. You're so weird about Jozy and your little conspiracy theories.

tomásbernal repped this.
  23. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Jozy family member: Don Garber!

50/50 Ball repped this.
  24. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    You said you're willing to look past overt racism because you like him and how he's used his profile in the past...that's not weird, that's awful...all because you have some connection with him.

CU soccer and Jazzy Altidore repped this.