MOTM: USA vs. Algeria

Discussion in 'GROUP C: England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia' started by ImaPuppy, Jun 24, 2010.

1. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Michael Bradley for me, he was OUTSTANDING.

2. zakil25

zakil25 New Member

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    Are you kidding me? Bradley outstanding? amercan side Altidor was better, at least he make our defanders doubt Donovan didn't do any thing except the goal .

For me it's M'bolhi, in the fifa site he get more point

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    m'bohli... hmmm. his case is strong. but when a game is won on a 90+1 goal the guy who scores it is MOTM. even if he hadn't done anything else and that's not the case.

the only other possibility imo is dempsey.

4. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if you were to go watch again, you would agree that Bradley imposed his will on the midfield for 90 minutes. Algeria had no answer for his aggressiveness.

5. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to pick. Jozy was brilliant in winning the ball and holding it up. Forget the miss, everyone misses. Bradley owned the middle and his vision and passing were a big reason for all of our chances. Dempsey worked his socks off and again proved he's a legitimate contender to supplant Donovan as the golden boy. Demerritt (and the rest of the defense) was huge in back limiting Algeria to 25 yard shots. Donovan ran everything and was in the middle of everything good that we did. Mbohli kept Algeria in it and it would have been over early if he hadn't (but we had as many outright misses has he had big saves). He was big against England as well. Outstanding keeper.

Jozy.

6. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jozy did well and Donovan scored but I would give it to Dempsey. No one took more chances and had more attacking play than him and he kept Algeria on the back foot. He was even involved in Donovan's goal.

7. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dempsey.

Jozy, Donovan, Bradley and Demerit were all studs, but Dempsey was my MOTM hands down.

8. westcoast ape

westcoast ape Member+

Nov 27, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Bradley and Cherundolo had great games.

9. capt. america

capt. america Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Altidore really impressed me the way he received the ball and was able to turn. He was key to any offensive chances we had.

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i love the kind of match altidore put in, and there are players at OL whom i've really appreciated, like carew some time back or gomis today, who can provide a real anchor... the rest of the team can drift back to defend in a compact block, and then send the ball up to a big target that holds onto it till the cavalry comes... thankless work but so important.

one hidden value of such players is the litmus test they provide for judging other "supporters'... gomis (or jozy) comes out on 75' dripping wet and the guy next to you whistles him off the field "you call yourself a striker?? you barely got a sniff, what do you have to be tired about???"

congratulations, you've just spent 90' sitting next to a goldplated idiot!

11. sternsoccer1019

sternsoccer1019 New Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Bradley did it for me, but many players performed well.