Most Valuable Acquistion?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by John L, Sep 26, 2003.

1. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Who's been the best and most valuable acquisition over since late last season? - (so that includes Q2 from last season, the off-season and Martins this season) -

my vote is for DEMA - he's been awesome in midfield nearly every game - you need to see games live to realize how good he's been - usually dangerous when going forward and always comes back quickly on defense - he's been invaluable as def mid and starting the offense from the back - can tackle fearlessly - and somehow is the leading scorer on the team (or at least was for a while) - maybe thats because for a long time our Forwards couldn't finish, but it definitely shows how good he is -

Stewart & Q2: good now but very slow starts
    Hristo: only as a mentor for younger players
    Petke: better than I thought he'd be, but not the sheer impact that Dema has had
    Cerritos: great start scoring the only goal in DCU QuFinal win in USOC and pairng with Stewart has been productive for both; my vote for 2nd place
    Martins: too early to tellv

2. ataranto2000

ataranto2000 Red Card

Sep 22, 2003
    wait more five games!

3. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    All of the vets have been good acquisitions IMO:

Q2- gave us a spark last year and gave one again this midseason.

Hristo- was a central player on this team in midseason for several games. Without him we'd be further back in the standings.

Stewart- is really coming on now.

Cerritos- What can you say- a perfect addition; a great catalyst for Stewart and the whole offense.

Martins- looks like a real big scoring threat to me.

Dema- this year's MVP on the team.

Petke- MVP of the defense, IMO.

Hudson/Trask/Kaspar are a very very good team in acquiring veteran talent. The best part of their job IMO.