Most memorable movies make viewers fall asleep?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by olckicker, Nov 12, 2004.

1. olckicker

olckicker Member

Jan 30, 2001
    In an interview Kiarostami said the most memorable movies put viewers to sleep. I'm inclined to agree with him when I think of the times I struggled to stay awake watching films from him, his Iranian colleagues, Andrei Tarkovsky, Theo Angeleopoulus and Krystoff Kieslowski -- all snoozers yet my favorite films, partly because I vividly remember scenes from their movies -- something that rarely happens with hollywood.

2. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    What a crock of ********.

I fall asleep during a movie because it can't keep my attention. That's it. End of story.

There is not a single movie I have ever seen that put me to sleep that I would consider memorable. In fact, I can't even think of one off the top of my head. That's how not memorable they were.

3. olckicker

olckicker Member

Jan 30, 2001
    Forgetful movies can excite and make viewers fall asleep. Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and, to a lesser extent, some superhero movies are exciting and memorable films for me. Otherwise most of Hollywood's movies that excited me are forgetful.

4. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    I fell asleep watching Kill Bill 2 in the theatre. But I was REALLY fvcking tired and I have really fvcked up sleep patterns