Most hated player in the premiership?

Discussion in 'England Rivalries' started by giggs88, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Intermission

Intermission New Member

Feb 26, 2004
    From London to Oz...
    By Spurs fans, of course. On what basis does your Pompey fanatic have to hate Sol Campbell? Absolutely none.

2. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    No reason to hate him but plenty to have no respect for him.

If someone says that they love a club, never want to leave and can achieve anything they want there, then weeks later go to the bitterest rivals most people lose some respect for them. They realise that the man has no honour.

3. Intermission

Intermission New Member

Feb 26, 2004
    From London to Oz...
    That may be so, but he wouldn't rate as the most hated in the Premier League.

I agree with you, entirely. Hated? No. No longer respected? Yes. But at least give him credit for the way he conducted himself at White Hart Lane this year - he showed respect to Tottenham, so he's still got some honour in him.

A lesser man (like me) wouldn't have done that. I'd be going bloody nuts like Toure did.

4. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    Actually Sol Campbell left because of the 'Gay' rumours spreading among is teammates about him, which is unfair. He lost all respect for the club after he got no support from the club.

And ofcourse some of his family are Arsenal fans and the guy obviously had ambitions, also the fact that he didnt need to move home helped alot.

5. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Where did you read that? The Beano?

Sol Campbell has never stated the reason he left Spurs, other than his own ambition.He certainly hasn't made it public that it was because of any gay rumours about him.

If he was so upset at a lack of support from the club, then why was he negotiating his 130K a week deal only days before signing for Arsenal. Campbell left Spurs for success, I can accept that. No Spurs fan can deny that we are in the doldrums. If you look at the success that Campbell has enjoyed since joining Arsenal then no-one can dent that in terms of trophies he made the right choice to leave the club.

What upsets the fans is that Campbell said the things about loving the club and wanting to stay and then jumped ship to the one club in the world that we could not accept. If he had gone to Real Madrid, Inter, Barca, Liverpool, Manchester United (all of whom were interested) we would not hate him. If he had wanted to stay in London and gone to Chelsea he would be forgiven. However, to go to Arsenal in the circumstances that he did was unforgivable and the fans are quite right to hold a grudge against him.

In his favour he his decision not to celebrate at the Lane showed a measure of integrity and that must be appreciated.

6. Intermission

Intermission New Member

Feb 26, 2004
    From London to Oz...
    Agreed. I'd feel the same way if it was, say, Tony Adams.

Mmmhmm, he waited until there were no Spurs fans in the stadium before coming back out.

7. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously you live in London and have more access to stories, etc. about the players, but I am on these boards religiously and follow the international and British news. The only negative thing I have seen/heard about Henry is the "bust up" with Lauren. I heard that he was the inspiration behind the team hug after goals and everyone saying "together" when they score b/c it is when they stand together that they play their best.

I have not heard of any Reyes feuds or strops. Please enlighten me. I have only seen him praising the teammates.

8. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    Sol Campbell invented the group hug.

And the only time Henry encourages his teammates is when they score.

Do you remember the Lauren incident? I'll explain it was during the ManUre game and we was winning 1-0 for the majority of the game, when Saha got a late equalizer which equalled the score and we a chance to win the game when Henry put through Lauren and asked for the ball back because he was in a better position than Lauren. I dont think Lauren heard because of all that andrenaline from being so close to scoring the winner, so he took on the shot and it was blocked. And Henry went mental!! started screaming at Lauren for taking on the shot. Fair enough he's mad but to start going on about it till the dressing room and starting a fight with Lauren is out of order. He must know he's missed quite a few chances this season which were equally as important.

Also do you remember when he scored that goal in the same match? He started celebrating and Reyes came to put his arm around him and he pushed him away. The Pires does the same thing and he gets a HUG!!

9. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yeah i bet you dont have much time on your hands with your shifts, flipping burgers at mcdonalds, being so long!

LOL only joking.

10. Sluggo12

Sluggo12 New Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Unfortunately, those who hate Alan Smith should probably equally prepare themselves for the fact that he could be playing for your club next year...

But he won't be playing for mine! We're already broke!

11. juice013

juice013 New Member

Mar 28, 2003
    Toronto
    Being a chelski fan, you should love Jens.

12. MNGooner

MNGooner New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Minnesota
    Ruud van horse********er!

13. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    His mother was ********* by one, he definitely resembles his father.

14. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    You read my mind. Savage gets my vote

15. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    its definatley ruud van horse-diver!

16. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    You sir, are beginning to wind-up me up much more than Motterman ever has.

17. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    god no,
    every time i see him mouthing off to the ref or other players i just think,what a w**ker...lol :D

18. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I'll just have to work harder. :D

19. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Henry is starting the believe his own hype. Maybe he really thinks he is invincible. Eh, he's class in general, but his accusations that Man United players had started the rumors of a bust-up between him and Lauren were way out of line. I just get annoyed when Arsenal folks make him out to be a perfect, innocent little angel. I won't try to pretend that RVN never does stuff to rile up the other side, but Henry is far from perfect himself in that respect.

20. Joser

Joser Member

Feb 8, 2004
    Salinas, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well spoken indeed! Arsenal fans are always quick to point out Ruud's cherry picking or Ronaldo's dive but the last to admit they have Pires who could make the French diving team and a manager who is a blind as a brick wall. But I'm sure if you ask a gooner about Pires' diving you'll get the same response Wenger would give on a close tackle:

"It was close, but I didn't see it"

21. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    Martin Keown. for what he did to Ruud.

Other than that, I'm fine with most players.

22. slipnslide

slipnslide New Member

May 23, 2004
    SecretCity,Tennessee
    Come on. Pires...dive? Never

But honestly, he could make the French Swimming/Diving Team. The one against Pompey is hilarious. Who was it, Steve Stone comes in from the side, 'obstructs Pires', but Robert is still flying forward like a cheetah who's legs suddenly vanished.

23. slipnslide

slipnslide New Member

May 23, 2004
    SecretCity,Tennessee
    Come on, you make it sound like he **********ed his wife.

24. Kavster

Kavster New Member

May 16, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    Slightly off the point, but doesn't that act have more like NOT 10 letters?? :confused: