Most Classless Act of the World Cup...

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Lothar is 1, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    I think this may even require a most dispicable character at these games...

which should also include some of the officials... and Blatter....

definitely larionda is top 3 in consideration...

2. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    I wish i could get youtube working... every other site works with flahs except that one... I don't get it...

he is definitely a cheat... the American commentators said "Well, certainly Henry doesn't have a reputation for diving"

SURE HE DOES!!!!

3. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You should get your eyes checked.
    He was hit on the chest and neck and almost lost consciousness.
    They were putting ice on his face and on the back of his neck to bring him back.
    Then they gave him something to sniff.
    Come back when you can see.

4. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    ALMOST LOST WHAT!!!!
    he was fully alert there on the pitch
    and was giving the guys cues as to where to put the ice bag...
    on the back of his head.... where there was no contact...
    (as you have even stated he was hit in the chest...)
    and all the while pointing to get a card for Cannavaro
    who did nothing wrong...

same situation as the Henry flop againt Puyol...
    Puyol raised his elbow up chest high...
    Henry flopped holding his eye...
    OVERLY DRAMATIC!!!

and for someone who "almost lost consciousness"
    how long after the whistle restarted play was it
    before he got up and asked to go in...
    all of about .3 seconds?

and then after he went in he flopped 3-4 times right away looking for calls
    until a point where he realized he wasnt going to get them...
    and actually got pissed about it,
    and took fury on the defense by staying on his feet and playing the ball...
    (if only he played like that all the time)

5. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    1. Grosso's dive against Australia, cheating a team out of their first world cup in 30 years.
    2. The entire Portugal team.
    3. The entire Holland team.

6. G dot Ozo

G dot Ozo New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    NJ
    Once again, remark on the incident when you can see, he was not faking it, it's pretty damn hard to fake being out of sorts and dazed...he never motioned for a card or any of the bollocks you claim. He needed smelling salts for ********s sake. And he WAS fouled against Portugal, clearly. Even if he was able to stay on his feet, the referee still should have made a call, because a foul took place. You must have some sort of hatred towards Henry, but he is not a cheat. Calm down and STFU

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    We've a better world cup pedigree than Portugal darling, you've never even made it to a final, for starters, and have qualified only four times.

I'm not trying to find excuses. On that note: I'll more than happily admit to Robben being a bit of a diver, and to Bouhlarouz's tackle deserving a red card. See this is where the Dutch and the Portuguese are different; when one of ours dives we're embarrassed about it. The Portuguese meanwhile applaud their own players diving. Spot the difference? In Portugal diving is integral to the game of football. In Holland it is not.

And again while Robben is a bit of a diver, it gets him nowhere. He had the grand total of three free kicks awarded in his favour in four world cup games. Compare to Figo and Ronaldo: see this is what you deserve a compliment for, your lot are much, much better at diving than ours. Congratulations.

8. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    1- Hey, great in admiting that, now i would like other Dutch fans doing the same and some English doing it aswell but i guess its a impossible mission...

2- You started well but the second bolded sentence... no one applaud our players when we see them diving, its just stupid and shamefull, be it CRonaldo, Figo, Deco or stupid Postiga like he did against France, diving is a problem in the world football but isn´t different then terrible hacking, career ending tackles, nutt kicking... spits, verbal insults, headbutting and so on...

3- Not really we didn´t earned nothing with our dives and after the Holland and England game, even when our players were fouled, they got nothing because of the reputation and exposure international press(especially English...) gave to the subject.

9. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    1. Portugal and their fans and especially Crybaby Ronaldo

Zidanes headbut was stupid but hardly classless depending on what Matterazzi said to him.

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    With all due respect you are the first Portuguese poster on here to actually express dislike of the Portuguese diving. So good for you.

11. Fan123

Fan123 Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Maniche dived against England in the most blatant way possible. Lost all my respect for him, I thought he was one of the better ones on that team on the subject of diving.

12. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    The pinheads and ponces in the media who branded ZZ a disgrace...it's only a poxy game and a Man has the right to defend his dignity regardless of circumstances. :)

13. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But Boulharouz's tackle injured the most creative player on the field.
    That is SO negative. While De Rossi's elbow was disgraceful, I see from
    reading the USMNT boards that it looked worse than it was because
    McBride's face is sensitive from past injuries. Well - perhaps we should
    say these two fouls were about on par. Zidane took fouling to a level
    I had never seen last night. What madness.

14. ONE

ONE Member

Aug 11, 2000
    NOLA

you're so biased it makes me ill.
    or rather, it would make me ill, if i expected an italian fan to have any kind of moral compass.

15. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    He said it was disgraceful, what more do you want? Although it was really bad, we've seen elbows flying all World Cup, just this time damage was done.

16. Sempre

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought I made it clear De Rossi's elbow was a disgrace? He got
    the red he deserved and McBride came back on the field. Contrast
    that with the Boulharouz foul - Ronaldo went off hurt while the
    offender stayed on (and continued fouling ........)

17. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    McBride's face is not sensitive... he had broken cheek bones, and got big goose eggs... but no one split him open to gush like that... and in fact McBride has said it didnt hurt as much because the cheek bones are fake...

I still don't think it was as bad as it appeared because I don't honestly think he was aiming at his cheek... I believe he threw the elbow in, but expected it to hit McBride in the chest... but his arm was raised up by McBrides as they both went up...

but the difference between the two... Boulharouz was reckless in a tackle... De Rossi intnetionally struck another player with intent to harm someone else on the pitch... which I would say if Ronaldo had half the sack McBlood has... then he wouldve stayed on as well... or vice versa... either way, an intentional elbow... with intent to harm... and McBride was our lone forward for most of the cup... and I would say has done more for us than Ronaldo has for Portugal...

I'm not saying what Boulharouz did was right... but I don't think that was even the most classless act on the night...

there was a flying challenge on Robben, which wasn't penalized because it occured after the whistle...

figo had his head-butt, unpenalized...

and there is of course the play where Portugal had a breakaway going, and their own player was down behind the play, and the ref blew the whistle to end play... and then on the drop ball... Portugal didnt challenge... so Holland could take it and kick it back to Portugal... and it wasn't done with immediacy... so much that Heittinga got the ball... and no one challenged him... so he took a run at it up field... which outraged the Portuguese and Deco ran after him and took him down... which got Deco tossed for the 2nd yellow... and then Schneijder ran in and shoved someone from behind and didnt even get a talking to... and then the ref awards Holland the kick... and Holland take the free-kick and create one of their best chances on the night... without ever giving the ball back to them on the play... dispicable...

18. Sempre

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Definitely true that De Rossi meant to elbow McBride. But the same
    goes for Boulharouz: he knew exactly what he wanted to do when
    he went in like that on Ronaldo - and he got the result he wanted.

19. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    At the risk of sounding like I'm defending Bouhlarouz, he did try and go for the ball. He was too late to get to the ball so he tackled his opponent – this is something that happens in virtually every single football game played all over the world. Again I do think he deserved a red card for it mostly because it was incredibly stupid and underscoring his lack of technical ability, but let's not pretend that this was an exceptionally dirty tackle, one the world rarely sees.

20. ctruppi

ctruppi Member

May 7, 1999
    Annandale, NJ
    1) BigSoccer posters finding .0000000000000000000001% jusitifcation for Zdane's action yesterday. An action that would land you in jail 30-60 days on any American street, regardless of what was said to you. Thank you for showing your complete stupidity and ignorance.

:rolleyes:

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Eh? No he did not. He went for the ball and was too late. Ask the Germans, Bouhlarouz is not the type anyway to deliberately try and injure players, and Dutch football is not about deliberately injuring opponents. Bouhla's your typical defender in that he makes stupid tackles occassionally.

22. forzaazzurri2006

forzaazzurri2006 New Member

May 31, 2006
    long island
    French have been diving throughout. No doubt. Zidane not new to headbutting players. Look at his reaction after his header was saved by Buffon in ot. Great header. Even better save. His reaction was an agry yell...roid rage kicking in? Utter frustration? Pirlo's free kick just misses, he drops head. Toni hits crossbar, he makes that, "Poor me" face. Guys have their own reactions to missed opportunities, Zidane's failed header showed anger, he almost yelled at Buffon, like, "How dare you stop that?!" Header was by far, away from the play, the worst play.

Curious, though, how 1 of the top 5 getting votes so far was a team not playing the ball back to the opponent after an injury, yet Germany not giving ball back to Italia after Pirlo played it out for injury didn't even make the list. Obviously, they were a clean team until semi's, but while their fans whistled during Italian national anthem, this made the semi-final turn bitter, though it made for a great game. From that point, there was no more helping players off the ground, no more hand shaking. Needless to say, they also took part in the Argentina post-pk party. Frings got a nice punch in, where a winning team, home team, should walk away.

Argentina also a spoiled team of arrogance who left with shame for playing ************ and being sore about it.

Screw Zidane. He's the consummate player who thinks he's bigger than the sport. I love watching him play, but the temper is more akin to Mike Tyson or Ray Lewis of American football, or a defender or defensive midfielder, not a "Fantasia" like himself. He's been carrying yellows and reds forever, but the American tv talks about his final World Cup since day 1...giving no coverage to the others who walked away from Cup this year for final time...from Kahn, Figo, Totti, R Carlos, Beckham, etc...

Media creates some of these monsters.

23. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    OK first off... let's clearly establish where the bias is here...

you have Arsenal listed as the club you follow... which happens to be where Henry plays... and I root for the US MNT, NE Revs, and Bayern Munich, who have absolutely no bearing on the play whatsoever...

now are you kiddin me... you honestly don't think he was faking?

it was even a point of contention within the live match thread...

we all saw he was faking...
    (yes it is easy to fake all dazed... when you jst shake your head and open your eyes wide to make it look like you're dazed... hell the french coach even has acting experience... I'm an American... I've seen the Rocky films... I've seen a guy fake dazed and confused on numerous occasions... let me tell you not only was Henry acting, he was doing nearly as good a job of it as Sly Stalone... and that's bad acting...)

and yes he pointed at Cannavaro several times
    when he stood up... he even went and tried to stare him down...
    and Cannavaro stood his ground,
    held his arms out and shook his head to say didn't do anything...

and like I said...

you have no answer for the fact that
    only mere seconds after the whistle put the ball back in play
    Henry was rasing his arm up to come back on...

and you said "he is not a cheat"
    which is absolutely rediculous,
    because we all saw what he did verse Spain
    faking that he was elbowed in the eye...
    when Puyol only raised his arm up chest high battling for a 50/50 ball

and I belive you need to go look up
    the difference between contact and foul...
    contact alone is not a foul...
    contact becomes a foul when it gives the offending team an advantage...
    there was contact on Henry... but after the contact he was still up...
    saw he played the ball too far away from himself... and then dove...
    thats not worthy of a pk in a semi-final of the World Cup...

24. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    Agreed. Except I include Maniche