Mosaic!

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by EricKingh8sTheFire, Apr 14, 2009.

1. EricKingh8sTheFire

EricKingh8sTheFire New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I've gotten this approved by the Wizards staff, so its full go, we are going to do a Mosaic for the Wizards vs. NYRD game, and If it all goes to plan, it will look brilliantly...If you have never been to a game that had these, they look awesome,you can get on google image and look up football mosaics and see what we are trying to accomplish, they look awesome and will get the entire crowd envolved and raise the atmosphere of the game completely...This game will be perfect because it will be a sell out and will be on TV, so it will make us look very well supported, which for the most part we are...I am looking for people to help volunteer, their are approximately 10,000 seats outside of the Cauldron I believe, and every section will alternate white and blue paper... This is not a specific supporters group thing, its a Cauldron thing, all of us together working to make the best atmosphere ever...So please spread the word and let me know if you and your mates will be volunteering to help lay out the paper before the game...AO, HS, YB, KCBW, all of us, and even non/supporter group people, please lend a hand and lets make this look amazing!!:D

2. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also think it would be awesome if the Cauldron made it flag/streamer night, and we all brought extra flags and streamers..I will be bringing six flags and approximately 30 streamers, so game on men!

3. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Sounds great. Do you already have all the paper? I'd be happy to help lay it out. We'll have lots of flags. The trick is to get everyone to use them together at the appropriate time. We just need to coordinate it.

4. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Southern Voodoo wil lend a hand!

5. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was hoping this would be a thread about the old browser.

6. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't have all the paper yet,,,were getting it in donations and in small amounts, but we will have all we need come game day, and I'm glad to hear you and the Southern Voodoo are both in!

7. BloodEagle

BloodEagle Member

May 19, 2007
    Kansas city
    i like this, but at what point is it going to happen and how is going to be coordinated?

8. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah, this won't be simple, even if it is just 8 1/2" x 11" standard printer paper (If that is what you're using, I could donate 1000 sheets of white from my office).

They'll have to be taped to seats or they'll blow away obviously, and people will need to know what to do with them somehow. If it's raining printer paper won't last 5 seconds. Thicker poster material would be better but expensive probably to do that many.

I like the ambition of getting the whole stadium involved.

9. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be awesome if you could donate that 1,000, we need approximately 4,923 according to what me and Sam figured up the other day..and We will have two pieces of paper taped to every seat..One to hold up, and one with instructions to hold it up during the play walk out...It will be fun for the kids to do with their parents, the parents could hold up their children holding the paper which would be family funny, and it will look awesome, and we've just got to pray it doesn't rain, and if it does then o well, our hearts were in the right place.

10. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is happening 3 or 4 hours before the New York game on Thursday, we will be let in by staff and will start laying down and tapeing the two pieces of paper..They will have instructions saying ''To celebrate the Wizards please hold above your heads while the players are welcomed unto the field to form a wall of color'' or something like that (It'll sound more professional)

11. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you pull it off, you should put the words to Hillcrest Road on the paper you tape to the chair. Thats the one chant we want the whole stadium to do, and this is probably our best chant of getting it out there.

12. Evidica

Evidica New Member

May 19, 2008
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, agreed, I'd actually go in ahead of time to help tape them to the chairs.

13. Evidica

Evidica New Member

May 19, 2008
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably not as bad as what I thought. I thought it was a thread about the club down in the P&L district.

14. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I appreciate you volunteering...I'm hoping to have everyone meet 3-4 hours before the game in the Cauldron tailgating area, then we all go and help tape everything.

And that is a great idea to have the words to ''Hillcrest Road'' on there, cause that will be the best song to sing while holding the paper up, so yes on the second piece of paper along with instructions, will be those lyrics.

15. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    more power to ya if you can pull this off, but i have my doubts if you're planning on having the crowd do this when the players are walking out. things like this don't work very well when people aren't even in the stadium yet... which is a notorious problem for american sporting events. i'd say anywhere between 20-45% of the overall crowd isn't in their seats by kickoff, let alone player introductions. i don't want to rain on your enthusiasm, but it might be better to start with just the cauldron. you all are always in there on time.

16. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Maybe the bobbleheads will entice people in a little earlier, but you have a point - especially on a weeknight, where a lot of people will be coming later from work.

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We saw part of it yesterday in DC. They had a late arriving crowd due to the 7pm start time.

18. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Another + for starting at 7:30 or even 8. I'd think the minute right before kickoff would be our best chance of getting it on TV rather than when the players come out.

19. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya know we can figure all that here while discussing...If we all think it would be a good idea to say to hold them up right before kick off then great, I don't really mind when they are held up, just as long as their is alot of people doing it...It seems like a mist of negativity just appeared though, and I don't like it. Good thing Jeff is here to stay positive and uplifting

20. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not negativity, just good constructive advice. :D

21. turkas

turkas New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Lawrence
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Eric I would love to help set this up, but as of now I won't be able to get to the stadium until about 6:30. However, if I can find a ride that can get me there early enough to help out then you can count me in.

22. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I appreciate it friend...I will be arriving at the Stadium no less than 330, and will go on the hunt looking for volunteers to help out..Also anyone who wants to bring tape would be great! =)...I hope to see alot of people helping out on this occasion.

23. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Any updates on exactly when this is happening? Is it happening for sure? I'll try to make it at 3:30 if I can w/paper and tape (if I have some). It depends on how the work day goes.

24. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Jeff, There is no guarantee as of now...I was counting on the words of about 10 people who were going to help buy and donate paper, and as of now only 2 of them are coming through, so were still waiting on the others..So im still hoping it will happen, if not then It was a good try and I will start buying paper from now until the Chicago home game..Anyone else who can donate paper or tape let me know.